Why is it my opinion of speed is so different.....

I think you get used to going fast because the bike inspires confidence. It doesn't feel like you're going too fast and you know you can slow down FAST.
During the last Vegas trip we were doing 120 plus for an hour and a half. After the next stop I thought we were going very slowly and we were doing 80, felt like 45. With no telephone poles or buildings to use as reference I didn't notice how fast I was going. When Twisted went down at 110, I said, jeez, he was going pretty fast for that turn, and Jester said, No man, WE hit that turn at 100.
So, be careful.

Thanks for the info Thrasher...........( Thanks for the letter also)
I used to ride as you said. Balls on the tank. Helped with getting my foot under the shifter.

Then I found out how good the breaks are.
sad.gif
I was going about 180 kpm,and saw a cop car. Only have a second before they get you. I hit the breaks hard,and was down to 110 in about a second
smile.gif
. Talk about crushed jewels lol.

Made me kind of leary of sitting that close to the tank.

Thanks for the info Thrasher...........( Thanks for the letter also)
I used to ride as you said. Balls on the tank. Helped with getting my foot under the shifter.

Then I found out how good the breaks are.
sad.gif
I was going about 180 kpm,and saw a cop car. Only have a second before they get you. I hit the breaks hard,and was down to 110 in about a second
smile.gif
. Talk about crushed jewels lol.

Made me kind of leary of sitting that close to the tank.
Your welcome -

To avoid crushing the family jewels at fast decleration, I sqeeze the tank with my legs.

It helps, doesnt allways completly eliminate that "crushing" feeling but it helps.
biggrin.gif

agree with everyone on this one...
I do keep limits now though, after my last ticket ....
sad.gif
Just can't afford them you know, and I can't imagine with out a bike...

But like said above there is always a time and place to take it to another level....

i do the same .sorta like it up there but dont see it as a problem.its the rest of the slow world thats missing out .

Me and some club members went on a Sunday ride a couple weeks ago. It was the most fun I've had on any ride lately. I rode with 2 ZX9's, and a CBR 600. Well, needless to say these guys ride the hell out of their respective bikes and I do as well. We hit some twisties and had a few 10-mile straights. We constantly run around the 120 mph range which is cruising speed for most of my riding homies. So as far as triple digits go... I just say... "Ride within' YOUR limits cuz I intend to ride this mutha til' the wheels fall off!"

Brian

Call me crazy, but what keeps my speed in check is not at all a fear of cops or traffic, but a habit I've developed to get the best mileage. I keep my display on the miles/gal setting and try to keep it over 50. So far, I've found that cruising at 78 mph is the spot where it stays right at 50. I can get over 65 mpg if I cruise under 60.

OK, I know, I really need to get a car.
tounge.gif

why can't we have some roads with no cops and no cars and no speed limit-maybe on sunday mornings-just sign a disclaimer and your good to go-

I would pay good money for a day once a year where police in a state let motorcyclists ride on a long, huge stretch of straights and twisties all weekend with no tickets no nothing !!!!
laugh.gif

My avg speed keeps creeping higher and higher. I run between 80 and 90mph to work and back for sure. I have been hitting 130-140 several times a day jumping between packs of cars. I usually drop to 4th when I pass someone, hammer it and next thing I know I am 140 and the car is a spot in my mirror. This bike kicks ass! I only hit it hard where I can see clear though. Safe as possible if you call 140 safe?
rock.gif

Dang the speed must be contagious because i bought the bike in 01 saying i wasn't gonna speed. Next thing i know if i was doing triple figures i felt like i might as well be parked. Its one of the reasons i started doing distance riding i just couldn't get the speed i wanted in town. I finally ended up dropping down a tooth in front in hopes of getting that same feel. In the end i had to do 100+ every time i got on it .....

My name is Dez and I'm a busaholic
blush.gif

Back