Why do riders who don't ride BUSAS

Sorry the 600 is just a race bike so no street riding with it. Please don't take what I said as some sort of High School challenge. I was just offering a chance for us to get together and ride. I will be racing on the East Coast the second half of the year mostly in Florida. Come on down that way if you get a chance and I will be happy to host your visit.
biggrin.gif

I think it is something in the busa's exhaust fumes! After they inhale enough of it, they get loopy, LOL!

It is funny that I am here defending the little bikes and the things they do well and I defend the busa on the other boards. Guess that is what I get for liking two bikes!!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait for it to get a lil warmer to clown these fools on 1000's. They think they can compete with the Busa.   1000's -->
bluegrab.gif
<---BUSA
Its funny how you have to deal with this too. I work with guy that has a 03' 1k (piped) and swears his bike is faster than mine, and my only reason for getting motor work is just to keep up with him. Oh here's the best part: It's his first bike and he has about 2500mi of riding expirence..........<table style=filter:glow(color=green)>MASTER SQUID </table>

Now that I agree with!! The liter bike crowd is usually a young man or woman and not a ton of miles under there belts. The busa crowd is usually older with nothing to prove. So at the lights the little bikes take off and you guys just ease away. Off they go to tell there buddies how they dusted a busa today!

My only disagreement with some of you is that if you really think the busa is the best track platform you might want to rethink that!
laugh.gif

howlin hope your year is fast!! and grabntwist your friend is gonna be in big trouble on that 03 real soon.cause its a unforgiving machine made for howlin and the track.

Sorry the 600 is just a race bike so no street riding with it.  Please don't take what I said as some sort of High School challenge.  I was just offering a chance for us to get together and ride.  I will be racing on the East Coast the second half of the year mostly in Florida.  Come on down that way if you get a chance and I will be happy to host your visit.  
biggrin.gif
hey i would get to gether and ride with you anytime.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

howlin im not the one your referring to am ? cause i dont remember talking track.i would be on a honda doing that!

Now that I agree with!!  The liter bike crowd is usually a young man or woman and not a ton of miles under there belts.  The busa crowd is usually older with nothing to prove.  So at the lights the little bikes take off and you guys just ease away.  Off they go to tell there buddies how they dusted a busa today!  

My only disagreement with some of you is that if you really think the busa is the best track platform you might want to rethink that!
laugh.gif
HM I'm completly with you on your disagreement. The only track the Busa should be on is a 1/4 mile long. But your argument goes both ways. A hardcore true track bike is not very well off on the street either. Atleast where I'm from (east coast) there are many bumpy/crappy roads.

Now that I agree with!!  The liter bike crowd is usually a young man or woman and not a ton of miles under there belts.  The busa crowd is usually older with nothing to prove.  So at the lights the little bikes take off and you guys just ease away.  Off they go to tell there buddies how they dusted a busa today!  

laugh.gif
I must be an exception then... I'm one of the youngest busa owners on the board and I feel like I have nothing to prove... I just love the look of the busa and the power scares me... thats all I need to have fun.

howlin hope your year is fast!! and grabntwist your friend is gonna be in big trouble on that 03 real soon.cause its a unforgiving machine made for howlin and the track.
I try telling him all the time. He was into cars alot before the bike and thought he could just flip through Sport Rider and pick the fastest thing out there. He soon realized riding a cycle isn't just mashing the pedal and runnin' through gears. He also fails to understand that the fact Sport Rider posts a 9 second 1/4mi time for the 1k that his bike is a 9sec bike. He doesn't realize that the rider on the bike is responsible for achieving that time. He thinks what ever the mag's post is whats true.

laugh.gif
HM I'm completly with you on your disagreement. The only track the Busa should be on is a 1/4 mile long. But your argument goes both ways. A hardcore true track bike is not very well off on the street either. Atleast where I'm from (east coast) there are many bumpy/crappy roads.
No way would I choose a 600 for a street bike for many reasons! So I am in total agreement with you!

I will say it again. You have to find the right bike for the manner in which you want to ride.

Please don't think I am bashing the busa. She is a great platform!

I love it when I get together with a group.. I usually just hang back. I like to play Poser.
biggrin.gif
The reason I hang back is because I get tired of running up on the backsides of other bikes. Up back up back. I learned in Florida however not a good thing to do if you don't know where you are headed. So I now move back to the front and leave only one bike to lead me.. I also learned to change my Florida tires back to my Connecticut tires and back again for Florida. Different strokes different roads. Or I tend to ride with few bikes that are running at extremely high speeds when we want to. Not much room for error or someone trying to prove they can out ride you.

hey rob t..............can  I give a wee bit of advise?  howlin' is a VERY respected member here.  don't dis him.  He can ride big time.......both on the track with the right tool (600) and in the straights (Busa).  I wouldn't bash someone till you knew who they were.   Marc is the kid of guy that will provide lots of good info.  I'd be happy to follow him on the track any day and learn some stuff!

i try to respect every one.im gonna tell you the way i see things and thats not dissing is it ?he s talking about something i happen to know somethings about.ive been riding street bike for 22 years and show respect when its shown.bye riding hard or having legit arguements.and a 600 track bike and my busa are worlds apart.he says he knows that and,is a track rider. but the orginal question is getting lost. i ride fast on the street for alot of years with many different guys.and have my own point of view.if thats dissing him to others than take this board and shove it lol.

Don't sweat it Rob.  No body took it personal.
Different point of views ais what Hayabusa.org is all about.

Goes both ways on point of views.
Now back to the original question.  
biggrin.gif

<marquee><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:indigo'>"Why do riders who don't ride BUSAS, think they are just as fast??!!"</span></span></marquee>

thanks for kind reply mr ninja .i dont intend to dis anyone .but i really have had 600 bike with riders in fullgear on me in parking lot talking junk. and when we launch after waiting for them several times they dont seem so much enthused anymore!and as for track bikes not what im into so no need to go there.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
This past Jan. , in South Florida, I had a nasty Green zx12 tell me that Busas are slow and I had no right to Dis them by putting Ninja Eater on my tank. Hey each to their own. He said let's go NOW!! I said look at what you are going against first, it really will eat you for breakfeast. Last time I seen that guy after he pulled up along side of me was in the rear view as a small small spec. Only Green running fast that day was the Green Dragon.

biggrin.gif

wlel maybe the guys on the 600's think they are fast because they upgraded from a ninja250 and think "WOW this is SOOOOO fast" but havent ran into someone that knows how to race a larger bike. ill admit i dont know how to really race the busa. im worried ill loop it if i open it wide open in a 2nd gear roll on or a 1st gear take off. i know the busa can take most if not all bikes on speed and accel but until u can really harness/ control it other bikes very well can take u. wrong shift points, wrong gear whatever it may be. BUT thats the great thing about a busa most logical people wont even attempt to race a busa, they will give u a nod hello and thats it. and dont forget the kids in the rice rocket cars that think they are faster than a busa to.. now they are smoking crack. i would imagine they would blow their motor up with nitrous trying to beat ya.

I can start off in 4th gear and beat the late 90's cavaliers with the big ass wings & the bus mufflers.

Back