Why is it........

These bikes are just SO cool. Last year I rode through a fair bit of Romania (no sign of Dracula). I can clearly remember riding into Sibiu. There were a couple of teenage guys walking along the side of the road. I was in a slow moving traffic jam. One guy must have really liked bikes. When he saw me, his jaw literally dropped open and he just stood looking at the bike in a trance. His friends were rolling around the place pointing at him and laughing at him. I guess he had not seen one before. Another couple of guys on a horse and cart offerred me all the local money they had, as well as the horse and cart in exchange for the bike :) This year I was riding with a friend near Hannover. We swopped bikes. Me on his BMW. Same story, came across a couple of kids on side of road. One kid is amazed by Busa. My friend could not figure out what the attention was for. I suppose no one ever bothers looking at his BMW. Only yesterday I was at a petrol station, and outside I could see the bike attracted a small crowd !!! There are not so many Busa's around here. I can only imagine the kind of attention it must cause in India !! Fantastic Bike.

You flatlanders romping around with smaller bikes will get an eye opening experience if you venture out to Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana etc. where the back roads rarely accomodade the fat chick. You'll get your arse spanked by many of those smaller more agile scooters!

Most flatlanders come up here and they ride with white knuckles through Lolo Pass!

I actually witnessed a group of four harley's passing sportbikes on this stretch of road!

Aug 2010 199.jpg

You flatlanders romping around with smaller bikes will get an eye opening experience if you venture out to Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana etc. where the back roads rarely accomodade the fat chick. You'll get your arse spanked by many of those smaller more agile scooters!

Most flatlanders come up here and they ride with white knuckles through Lolo Pass!

I actually witnessed a group of four harley's passing sportbikes on this stretch of road!

What, the Busa can handle the turns just as good as a 600, or a 1K....it's all on the rider. Only the ones that can't do it say it's the bike !! :laugh: How many times have people snapped at me on here for saying that I (myself) can go much faster in the twisty's on a 600 than on my Busa.

What, the Busa can handle the turns just as good as a 600, or a 1K....it's all on the rider. Only the ones that can't do it say it's the bike !! :laugh: How many times have people snapped at me on here for saying that I (myself) can go much faster in the twisty's on a 600 than on my Busa.

so true

I hate to admit it, (Cuz I've said it too:laugh:) but you can go faster on a 1000, or even a 600 if you're good enough. The Busa doesn't have the lean angle of the smaller bikes, and the shorter wheelbase on them helps too. If you go into the turns at equal speed, Busa vs. 600, the 600 with a skilled rider will hang, or can creep away. (Remember the 600 will be doing all it can do, and even though the Busa has instant power and acceleration, you can only use so much of that with your knee down)
I learned it the hard way too:laugh: Riding roads with my friends and I on 1000s, I just can't go as fast on the Busa for the above mentioned reasons .The Busa wasn't designed to do what those bikes do either, and vice versa. But the Busa WILL do so much more than most will ever belive or actually ever do.

Back