Why is it........

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
That everytime i go out for a casual ride on my 08 busa, every s**thead kid with a 600 or a honda try to screw with me? Kids nowadays....... no common sense.:banghead:

lol...i know what you mean man...they wanna instigate to do wheelies and all kinda stunts...i just smile at them and carry on :)

Like this dumba** last night on this 600 rides up along side me and starts revving like he wants to race or something. It just gets annoying i guess.

lol...do what I do....just rev and accelerate a bit and brake....let them take off...good riddance :laugh:

Better yet i just turn left. Dont get me wrong every once in awhile something pulls up next to you that might be fun and worth the gas.

:) i agree...its hard to resist the temptation to race...i'm just tired of stupid tickets i keep gettin on my car and bike..too much unnecessary hassle

but yeah, be safe even if u race...the other driver might b stupid and take u down with his stupid moves.

I will judge it thoroughly before i do it. Honda with a fart can....no. Dodge viper.......yeah ok id race it:laugh:

Guy pulls up beside yesterday on a 750 zuk reving like crazy just gave him a nod and never broke stride but gotta remember i was young and stupid once myself:laugh:

Well I did have a srt-10 dodge pull up next to me and I couldn't resist but it was like 2 in the morning on a empty highway......why not

Did a roll on against a skyline the other day, he caught me on the twisties but I murdered him in the straights.:laugh: I was rather proud of that considering it was my first and so far only racing experience.

I think that most just want to see what the big girl can really do. Example:

When I was a kid my Mom was driving my Dad's Porsche 911 (1972 911T), and a VW Beetle pulled up and started to rev!!! My Mom cool as can be downshifted to second, punched it for around two seconds and let off then gave the kids a thumbs up when they caught up. The kids' eyes were big and so were their smiles...they just wanted to see it in action, not a true challenge or anything.

Consider it a badge of honor that people are so concerned about what you are riding that they either want to see what it can do, or think that if they beat your bike (however misguided!) they will have something to brag about.

I think that most just want to see what the big girl can really do. Example:

When I was a kid my Mom was driving my Dad's Porsche 911 (1972 911T), and a VW Beetle pulled up and started to rev!!! My Mom cool as can be downshifted to second, punched it for around two seconds and let off then gave the kids a thumbs up when they caught up. The kids' eyes were big and so were their smiles...they just wanted to see it in action, not a true challenge or anything.

Consider it a badge of honor that people are so concerned about what you are riding that they either want to see what it can do, or think that if they beat your bike (however misguided!) they will have something to brag about.

What he said .
Just jealous curiosity is all .

hasnt happened to me yet...

but i have cagers come up ALL THE TIME... mostly stock rides.. not a single one worth any real effort.. wait... BMW M3 or M5 idk gave it his all.. i let off FAST way to much traffic... but you can hear his motor screaming as he pulled away..

i used to have more fun blowing their doors off with my 500.. :angel: i want it back...
i mean come on.. its a HAYABUSA everyone knows what it "is" :whistle:

Yeah but sometimes i think some cagers think they actually have a chance.

Granted there are some fast cars, but come on stock a busa would smoke anything under 800 horsepower.

I think people either don't know any better than to try a Busa, or they just want to see what our bikes can do. People try to run me pretty often, but it's rarely a smaller bike or a low-end car. My most regular challengers are Harleys (:rofl:) and nicer luxury or sports cars. The most recent two were a Z06 and an Audi A8 W12.

Maybe some people just want to justify their six figure purchase. None of them have been able to do it yet... I think all out racing on the street is crazy, but a quick burst to show them how it is should be okay every now and then.

Wish I had your luck!

See 'em in my mirrors all the time trying to catch up. Once they realize just what it is they 'caught' most are intimidated and don't even want to BS at the next lights let alone fool around.

As for cagers I've raced (and kicked) them all. From tuned-out ricers to Z06's to Vipers. That was during the first two seasons. Now I don't pay them any attention. Right after a few shrugs and shakes of the helmet they're off and on to the next willing throttle jockey.

Back