Why is it........

I don't get much of that down here. I know most of the riders in my area for one.. I've had a few cars pull next to me on the interstate at night though.

One was new BMW sedan - a dad driving 3 teenage boys somewhere. They just wanted to see what it had. I let them haul ass by me then passed them like they were sitting still.. I'd hit the brakes and let them fly by again.. after 2 or 3 times they were all grins ear to ear waving at me with thumbs up..

The 2nd was a mini cooper turbo.. I was supprised at the speed it had, but still slow to the busa.. other than that people just wave me on to hit the throttle and pass them so they can see/hear it.

Last edited:
Ok so as hypocritical as it sounds, I was on my way home last night and I had a 600cc pull up to me on the highway and it looked like he had some stuff done so i did decide to have a little fun. I let him pull me at 1/4 throttle till he was about 6 bike lengths ahead of me then spanked that:moon:. Maybe next time he will think twice haha.

I seem to always have cars on my ass for some reason and they are just regular ol' cars too. I usually don't have any problems with other bikers though.

Anybody ever run with a ZO6 through the curves? I love my 'Busa, but a Z is pretty quick thru the curves.
actually did back in 2008 and he got us all in the twists...about 9 of us zx10'r1's busa etc.. but when the road straighten'd out I passed him with one hand on the bars and the other waving at him..my all time favorite thing to do is pass someone doing about 40 mph faster then they are with the bike turned off as i glide by and me waving the ignition key at them to show them im merly coasting:laugh:

my all time favorite thing to do is pass someone doing about 40 mph faster then they are with the bike turned off as i glide by and me waving the ignition key at them to show them im merly coasting:laugh:

:laugh: Good stuff!

I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of this in a few months. Living in India, there are huge numbers of bikes, but 99% of them are less than 250cc (and most under 180cc). Some models are starting to show pretensions of power (slightly wider rear tire, flashy paint and bodywork, etc), but the peak HP on those bikes is still under 30hp. Plus, there are a lot of college kids in my particular area. As noted on another thread, riding through town on a 'Busa is the equivalent of encountering a Veyron or a Murcielago back in the US. I just know that I'm going to get hassled constantly at stoplights by guys who have absolutely no chance against me, but want to see the big bike run.

I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of this in a few months. Living in India, there are huge numbers of bikes, but 99% of them are less than 250cc (and most under 180cc). Some models are starting to show pretensions of power (slightly wider rear tire, flashy paint and bodywork, etc), but the peak HP on those bikes is still under 30hp. Plus, there are a lot of college kids in my particular area. As noted on another thread, riding through town on a 'Busa is the equivalent of encountering a Veyron or a Murcielago back in the US. I just know that I'm going to get hassled constantly at stoplights by guys who have absolutely no chance against me, but want to see the big bike run.

Your 100% correct. They just want to see the big bike run. If it is safe and you don't get into legal trouble, let them see some power. Everyone likes to see a high powered vehicle run. Lots of curiosity!

lol...Airavata, you have no idea what kinda of attention you are gonna get :D...being a foreigner I bet already you get plenty...and a Busa in that area (not even a metropolitan city), man...but also just bcoz of that make sure you have a good garage and keep ur bike secured at night.

Oh one more tip about riding in India...dont be shy to honk and/or flash the light...it's all about making ur presence known on the road...though your bike should do most of the head turning job anyway ;)

Last edited:
Wait!! don't you guys get this at the gas station.....I pull up, start to fuel and inevitably some guy will wander over to check out the bike and tell me he has one" back home in the garage" . I can't tell you how many times I have heard that.

Or on the hwy,the guys who put me in danger cause they got to show off their JDM ricer whatever. I let em pass me and then give em a burst to show them that MOM can still keep those kids in line!

Or if I am feeling *****y, I see them coming up fast and I will let them get to my rear wheel, then punch it and wait for them to catch up and do it again...THEN I let them go.

Or my absolute favorite, when a guy/guys are all over "the chick on the busa" I will turn around,point to the car and pat my rear seat. That will either get a big laugh,or a infuriated look from the male/males in question.

I think it just hurts more when these guys get spanked by a..GIRL!!:cheerleader:

Wait!! don't you guys get this at the gas station.....I pull up, start to fuel and inevitably some guy will wander over to check out the bike and tell me he has one" back home in the garage" . I can't tell you how many times I have heard that.

Or on the hwy,the guys who put me in danger cause they got to show off their JDM ricer whatever. I let em pass me and then give em a burst to show them that MOM can still keep those kids in line!

Or if I am feeling *****y, I see them coming up fast and I will let them get to my rear wheel, then punch it and wait for them to catch up and do it again...THEN I let them go.

Or my absolute favorite, when a guy/guys are all over "the chick on the busa" I will turn around,point to the car and pat my rear seat. That will either get a big laugh,or a infuriated look from the male/males in question.

I think it just hurts more when these guys get spanked by a..GIRL!!:cheerleader:

Haha i bet that is hilarious!!!!

I had a couple of 5 point slows convoy down where i am a while back reving theyre engines. I played with them a bit and when they pulled up next to me at the light they asked, "What kinda bike is that?, A Hayabusa? Oh. Is that fast?"

People need to be educated

The C6 Z06 (Even C5 Z06) Are absolutely nasty in the curves, only an extremely skilled busa rider that is fine with touching the asphalt with his knee has a chance. But yeah straightline is a different story... unless the Z has blower pushing 700+HP. then its game on :laugh:

I think that most just want to see what the big girl can really do. Example:

When I was a kid my Mom was driving my Dad's Porsche 911 (1972 911T), and a VW Beetle pulled up and started to rev!!! My Mom cool as can be downshifted to second, punched it for around two seconds and let off then gave the kids a thumbs up when they caught up. The kids' eyes were big and so were their smiles...they just wanted to see it in action, not a true challenge or anything.

Consider it a badge of honor that people are so concerned about what you are riding that they either want to see what it can do, or think that if they beat your bike (however misguided!) they will have something to brag about.

Agreed
I have done it myself.
I tried to get this guy in a ferrai to hit one day and he wouldn't

That's what I ALWAYS get !! Or how about this one "I have/use to have a (insert bike name hear) that would .........(ready, all together now) EAT A BUSA FOR LUNCH". :banghead:

I have never had a Japanese Sportbike challenge me but have had a number of HD vrods do so. Generally we chat at the next light and they only wanted to see if there vrods were fast in comparison.

I have never had a Japanese Sportbike challenge me but have had a number of HD vrods do so. Generally we chat at the next light and they only wanted to see if there vrods were fast in comparison.

Haha i love it when a harley pulls up next to me at a light, even vrods. Out here in arizona most guys with harleys are A**es and think they are the baddest on the road. Nothing like giving them a 5 second lead from a light then just casually blowing past them like its nothing!!!

Back