Why is it........

Wish I had your luck!

See 'em in my mirrors all the time trying to catch up. Once they realize just what it is they 'caught' most are intimidated and don't even want to BS at the next lights let alone fool around.

As for cagers I've raced (and kicked) them all. From tuned-out ricers to Z06's to Vipers. That was during the first two seasons. Now I don't pay them any attention. Right after a few shrugs and shakes of the helmet they're off and on to the next willing throttle jockey.

I get the same thing out here, i think people spot the fat tire and chrome and decide oohhhh lets go play with that, till they come up and go ah crap its one of those :banghead:

when I go out I look for the people to whack:laugh: usually after I whack them, they slow down and start driving a lot more safe..I consider it a public service:rofl:

Most of the people I get will fly up behind me, pull up alongside, see what it is, then nod and back off...:laugh:

Well, I guess in a way you're lucky. I've had my big girl since late April and I've probably only seen a dozen sport bikes in total since then. It's mostly Harley baggers out here in corn country.
I think the kids just wanna be friends and horse around. You're probably handling it right, just don't let em get under your skin.!! :-)

I like it when folks pull up next to me a gesture for me to wheelie, yeah, cause a stretched out fat tire Busa is just the perfect wheelie machine:laugh:

Some kid flew by me doing wheelies with his girl friend hanging on for dear life. I don't race, don't want to be liable.

What's with all the ZO6's thinkin' they're all that? I've schooled 3 of 'em the last 2 years-can't wait to meet up with a ZR1 :moon:

most likely because they want to see what the big girl can do. i wouldn't sweat it and just give em' the nod. there going to tell there friends they smoked you either way. :thumbsup:

You guys get alot more challenges than I do by far. I'm not big on street racing anyhow. Most people just wanted to see you run it hard for a minute, they are awesome bikes. And others just want to see a typical "crotch rocket guy" act a fool which is unfortunately what a lot of them do. Heck, when sportbikes pull up next to me while I'm in my truck or something I'll mess with them from time to time just to get a reaction. :rofl: The old "Do a wheelie!!!" thing is pretty comical.

I never get any action :whistle: Guys in the fast cars and other sport bikes just give me the thumbs up and cruise by :beerchug: I guess one of you other guys already schooled them :laugh:

I guess guys are just smarter in my area......they see the stretched swingarm, the Shinko, the shifter and they don't want any.

I think that most just want to see what the big girl can really do. Example:

When I was a kid my Mom was driving my Dad's Porsche 911 (1972 911T), and a VW Beetle pulled up and started to rev!!! My Mom cool as can be downshifted to second, punched it for around two seconds and let off then gave the kids a thumbs up when they caught up. The kids' eyes were big and so were their smiles...they just wanted to see it in action, not a true challenge or anything.

Consider it a badge of honor that people are so concerned about what you are riding that they either want to see what it can do, or think that if they beat your bike (however misguided!) they will have something to brag about.

Exactly! Everyone wants a piece of the king!

Hmmmm Ive had cars pull up at stop lights to pass me on the right before their lane ends and when they see what I'm riding thy always wave me on. Had a few bikes rev the engine at me but no race antagonists… mist be intimidated by the backrest. :laugh:

just accelerate next to em, until about 45, then pin it and pick up the wheel. they figure out by 60 they can't hang, then they go away. best part, you didn't break the speed limit, lol.

Back