So What Is The Reality of a 100+ MPH Speeding Ticket?

goblinsix

Registered
I saw the post above about the speeding ticket and got to thinking...so what is the true reality of say of a 100 to 120 MPH speeding ticket on an Interstate? Is it pretty certain in that situation that your going to get arrested and have your bike towed away?

I saw the post above about the speeding ticket and got to thinking...so what is the true reality of say of a 100 to 120 MPH speeding ticket on an Interstate? Is it pretty certain in that situation that your going to get arrested and have your bike towed away?

Depends ENTIRELY on the officer. Some will cut you a break for simply stopping instead of trying to lose them.

yup 99% of the time you'll be wearing matching bracelets for one of those. But yea depends on the state and officer a little.

Depends ENTIRELY on the officer. Some will cut you a break for simply stopping instead of trying to lose them.

+1

But here in Fl you get the extra bonus certificate if you 50 over any post speed limits. $1000.00 extra on the ticket an the 3 rd time you do it you get to loose your license for 10 years. Jail would be cheaper here.:laugh:

two of my friend have been ticketed at about 110ish in oklahoma, neither spent a night in the pokey, but both had some fines and one got a reckless on top of it. that was about 5-6 years ago though, im sure things have changed some.

In California...OMG!!! Your fat wallet is emptied. I would hazard to say that you got over a 1000 dollars in fines for being stupid. You would be lucky to still have an insurance agent who would write you. I am not sure if it is one of the tickets that you can take a safety course for to keep it off of the DMV record...

in MOE 5X 100+ no other traffic perfectly safe vehicle or bike no matching bracelets just huge fines mandatory court appearances. Just be smart if you do the crime don't make it worse by running. Be cooperative, polite. etc... But then you still have a 50/50 chance he could have had a bad day.

You get stopped 100+ and you might as well figure on being locked up. But as stated before the best thing you could do is stop, and pray for a officer that's in a good mood.

In Hawaii where I live anything 15 over is automatic reckless driving, lock up, and It's something like the highest class of misdemeanor. Then They most likely won't tow your bike just leave it there and well It wont last long. Seen that happen numerous times.

In California...OMG!!! Your fat wallet is emptied. I would hazard to say that you got over a 1000 dollars in fines for being stupid. You would be lucky to still have an insurance agent who would write you. I am not sure if it is one of the tickets that you can take a safety course for to keep it off of the DMV record...

more specifically in ca yes most likely you will have the bike impounded, with a lawyer your looking at about $2200.00 or so in fines (not counting the impound release and storage) and still for a decent lawyer around $1150.00 so more or less about $3500.00 Depending on the cop.

"Speeding over 100 mph in California is considered a reckless speed, even on the highways, and has different consequences than other speeding violations. First of all, it adds 2 points to your California driving record, and there is a 30 day suspension of your driver's license. Also, there is a fine for up to $500 for the first time. If another California high speed violation occurs within three years, the limit for the fine is $750 and the suspension of driver's license will be for 6 months. For further offenses within 5 years from the previous ones, the limit of fine rises to $1000 and the suspension is for one year. The other difference is that you cannot attend traffic school to eliminate the points on your DMV record. 4 points in 12 months, 6 in 24 months and 8 in 36 months will also result in suspension of driver's license. A California high speed violation has a great effect on your insurance rates as well, for at least three years, and there is even the possibility of cancellation of your insurance policy. This makes California high speed violations quite costly. California high speed violations are usually considered infraction, unless you are cited for reckless driving as well."

Last ticket I got for over 100 the officer cut me a break and wrote me up for 95. I hired a traffic attorney and then the cop didn't show up for court....lucky me!

got to love the autobaun... crusing at 130 the other day in the charger... cant get the damn bike to pass inspection but soon

I know a guy that got hit for 105 in a 70 zone. No arrest but the fine was in the neighborhood of $1200+. That was before the Superspeeder days, now it's an extra $200 the first time.

Here in Cali it's really kinda screwy. I recently got a speeding ticket in my truck on the interstate for 65 in a 55, the fine was $464 actually referred to as bail not a fine. As I understand it if I would have been doing 165 the fine would have still been $464, seems just a bit unbalanced to me. A group of us on the bikes got stopped recently, we wre crusin about 85-90 and were told "just keep it under 80 and all is good", just a warning no tickets. Really depends on the county and the individual officer I believe.

I have been pulled over a couple of times doing a 100+. I have gotten a couple of driving awards for doing this, but I have never gotten arrested for going this fast. All of the cops that I have ran into while doing this have been pretty cool. Most of them made the comment that they were glad that I decided to pull over and not run.

The sad thing is that in most cars, you really have to work to get up over a 100 mph, whereas on the big Busa it's just a simple turn of the wrist in top gear and a second or two and you're past a 100. Just a moment's indiscretion and......

Not that I would have any personal experience with doing that. :laugh:

Back