Why is it my opinion of speed is so different.....

busabrother

Registered
than my buddies. I ride with a club that boasts two busas, a zx 10, a r1 two gix 750's. I feel that when we go out riding that we usually go slow and only have a few good speed bursts. During a club conversation the other day. One of the members stopped me after i made a comment. (which was very ironic)

I said i didnt think anythin under 140mph was speeding.

I think the Busa has made me go insane. Becasue on my gsxr 1100. 140-150 felt like warp 9. On the busa its like just starting the damn bike up. What do you guys think?

thats the thing matey,coz the busa is bigger,and it feels like ur sat init instead of onit could be why it feels like that.:D
the busa has lots to offer but coz of the way the law is going at the minute,we cant offer the bike to much
sad.gif

I feel you on that one BusaBro. I don't belong to a club, but I've ridden with a small group occasionally and each and every time they have complained that I ride too fast or I (riding trail) complain they are riding too slow. Seriously though, I know that I need to slow my crazy azz down and I'm sure that first speeding ticket or warning
smile.gif
... will do it for me. I did ride with an 03' LE Busa on I-270 north bound in the evening a few months ago and if that rider is on here, big ups to you for riding fast and crazy!! Dang I've got to slow down
sad.gif
... maybe today I'll stay under triple digits all day ... NOT!!

I agree with you Busa bro.

My problem is for example. All my life I have been used to a certain passing routine.

Every vehicle I have ever owned, when I pass someone I pretty much floor it. I always want to get around the vehicle as fast as possible.

On the Busa, every time I go to pass someone, I nail it, pass them and pull back into the lane, and I always check the Speedo out to make sure I am not speeding too much, and almost every time I look I am like doing 130 - 140

And every time I get blown away, I think to myself, how in the F' can I be going that fast from just going around a car.

That was the same problem I had when I got pulled over a few weeks ago and the Police officer cut me major slack. I was trying to get out of the way of my wife who was in a van and some other vehicles, and next thing I know I am starting to decelerate through 110, this time however the CHP was sitting, parked facing me and was right on top of me.

So yeah Busabro, I agree with you, 140, 150 does not seem that fast. and on my Busa I have the double bubble, so when I am tucked behind it (my normal riding position for anything over 100) I don't feel ANY wind effects.

It is difficult for me not to twist the wrist. 42 years old and the Busa makes me feel young dumb and full of cum.

Like opdsgt mentioned, place and time.. all about place and time.

I am with you too. I have a serious problem. I do what Thasher does... Whatever current car power is, I use it. That is why I sold my S4 a couple of years ago... I used to go 140MPH EVERYWHERE.

I keep telling myslef (like Sage) that this time out I won't break the law... Then, I come back a couple of hours later going, "oh yeah... I was supposed to stay legit. Dammit!"

I dunno what the solution is, but I gotta believe that the busa wants to go VERY fast. And, I am its friend... How can I say, "no" to a friend.

-Rip

I'm with the majority on this one too. My previous bike was a 929 erion edition Honda it too would do 150 plus with no problems but and I say BUT it felt like you were going a whole lot faster than you were. As with the Busa 100 plus speeds just don't feel as fast do to the rock solid stability of the king of motorcyles..Just cruzin at 100 plus speeds, CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DAWGS, STAY ON THE PORCH..

Same problem here.......if I don't hit at least 250 a couple times when I ride, it doesn't even feel like I rode......of course.....I do this with no other traffic around at all!!

The Busa handles so well at high speeds that you just don't notice the issues the same as on other bikes...I however have come to the realization that speeding is not a good thing...I get in the throttle a couple of times each ride but for the most part you will see me in the slow lane...
evil.gif

Yeah Stunnah - I am with you.. Actually not only have I not sped since I got pulled over a few weeks ago on the Busa, I havent even taken it out since then.

But I havent been speeding in my cars either.

I wish there was someway to let that CHP officer know I took his warning to heart..

Anyway, havent riddent the Busa because I just havent had time, no other reason, but wen I do get a chance to ride I think I will be in the slow lane myself.
wink.gif

I'm just like the majority................this bike just wants to run. I call it testosterone on two wheels. Every time I let the big dog eat, I end up feeling bad about going so fast, but the smile that is stamped on my face makes me forget about feeling bad!!!!! It's like a sickness. I haven't had a run in with the popo yet, but my time is coming, I'm sure. I do find that the longer I own it, the more I can be satisfied staying at least "close" to the speed limit. I have yet to ride it and not hit triple digits each time!!!!! A sickness....................
AAAssjani.gif

It is difficult for me not to twist the wrist. 42 years old and the Busa makes me feel young dumb and full of cum.
Same here, you'd think that 42 years of age would allow you some control of that right wrist.....................................................................................
..........................................................................................
..........................................................................................
.......................................................................nope.

busabro,
You're a speed junkie! There's no denying all the signs you exhibit.

I think it's time for an intervention!

Maybe you can elect a Pres that will pass a bill allowing Busas to have their own autobaun???

I also am in the same mode........Always have been. I build custom bikes. My shop is called " Clint's Need For Speed Shop".

It is just in the blood.........Either you know how to ride fast,and can handle it. Or you don't...........

Just a quick question...........Who makes a good pad for the hump??? When I twist the right hard! My lower back bangs into the hump. Need something there.

By the way.............Nice to see you still here Thrasher.

Thanks Saberknight..

Yeah, lots of good people here. Kind of stupid to bale just because I am not in control of my own emotions lol

As far as the hump issue, I think maybe it is my riding style, and even my wife commented on how I sit, but I always sit with my groin pressed against the tank for the most part. When my wife has ridden on the back she has commented as to why I sit so far foreword.

I think however my riding style is why I have never had a problem with the front end raising on me on accident. I have nailed it pretty good and cut lose the back tire in first, and also have fishtailed in second But I think with my 225 pounds laying on the tank most of the time, that is what keeps me down.

Also another technique I learned on the Busa, And I learned this because when I was getting used to it, when I would accelerate I would slide back and when I slid back my wrist twisted more causing more acceleration. Have to admit, scared the crap out of me the first couple of time this had happened.

(new riders, did you read that? a veteran rider got a wake up call the first couple of times I nailed it on the Busa)

Anyway, what I do now is when I am in my normal riding position (nuts on tank) I have this technique where is I accelerate, my upper part of my body starts to lower towards the tank and at the same time I slide my rear towards the hump. I have it down now where I am sync so that now matter what speed I accelerate, my body position changes as required.

Ever since I have perfected this I have never had a problem with being slammed into the hump and grabbing more throttle than intended.

It took me a while of practice to get it down, but that is what works for me. Hope that might offer some thought as to something you might be able to try.

Back