Why do you ride the busa?

wizeguy

Registered
I was out riding and I met up with a guy on an 06 red and black busa.  We chatted it up for a few before he started saying that he was pissed off.  He told me he spent 10k on a bike only to have a faster bike (zx14) come out a month later and said he felt like he wasted his money.

Do any of you feel like that.  I mean, does your love for the busa diminish because supposedly something bigger and badder is out there?

I have no intentions of trading my busa anytime soon, even for the new one.  The bike works for me...period.  The day it no longer does is the day I get rid of it, not because of its status in the "biker" community.

<!--EDIT|wizeguy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150903965 -->

I always liked the design. The top speed thing was also a major draw, but realizing the REALITY of how NOT often I would get to do that, it was not a top priority in my choice. I wanted the best of the best of the best and after examining the 12R and Ducati's over priced, under powered offerings, Busa was it. I suspect a good many people get Busa's for bragging rights - same with the new liters and ZX14 - but that is no way to truly satisfy yourself... you bought it to impress OTHERS... others that probably really don't matter in your life. Man, am I DEEP today!

If you only want to please others, you will NEVER achive that, and also you will never be happy

I bought the busa because of the looks. I didn't even know what the speed rating was until I'd ridden it to the MSF course and the instructor told me it's the "fastest production motorcycle in the world."

--Wag--

Yeah you're on a roll WWJD
smile.gif

....I second Gunny's statement. My Gixxer750 was cool and I would have upped to a 1k but the Busa was calling me in my sleep taunting me w/ its comfort and stability. I'm not too heavy for you it said. Just love me long time she would say as I contemplated the purchase in the showroom. Sold!!
laugh.gif

I bought it because I loved the looks of the Busa and I continue to ride it because it's just damn fun...pretty simple
biggrin.gif

I bought it because I wanted the big gun. After sitting on it (I'm 6'4" 255) and knowing about the guaranteed performance I just went for it. I'm lucky that I get to flog it regularly without chance of prosecution so I am happy. As soon as I got it I got comments from the local riders here in Sarajevo about how the ZX-12 was equal to it or better but I just laugh at their ignorance.

Bought it cause I always wanted one.... haven't been beaten by a 14 yet.... but havent raced or seen one on the road either

Bought the Busa because Suzuki makes the best damm motors out there. In my opinion. Thats why I ride Cats in the winter time. With out a motor that runs you have nothing but a bike. Always went with the Suzuki no matter what. Most power for the buck. But this is just my opinion!!!!!

I ride it for many reasons. One I am a bigger guy so the size of this bike just fits me like a glove. Another being the is one of the most powerfull bikes out there but it sacrifices nothing in the area of comfort. 8 hours of ride on a Busa and your alright but try that on a CBR or something and see how you feel? Another being the versatility of this bike. You can set it up as a drag bike/ moderate all around race bike/ tourer.....whatever you want and it can be done. Looks wise nothing else appeals to me like this bike does. Thanks to this bike I always look at other bikes and think "How do I like the looks of this compared to my busa". Its always the standard for comparison to me now. Lastly the Busa is a rock solid platform. Take care of this bike and it loves you right back. It doesn't have a bunch of mechanical problem reputations. You add all that up and to me it means regardless of the 14 being faster I still like my bike just as much as I did when I bought it. Actually you know I think I like it more and more.

Fit, comfort on long rides, and the looks is why I have a Busa.
Being the fastest was a perk that came with it.

I bought it because of the looks, comfort and performance. The fact that it is a living legend didn't hurt, and I don't care what kawasuki comes out with, it will never be the legend any run of the mill busa is...period. zx-14 faster in the quarter? I could care less. Around these parts, the homeland of the Wal-Mart, Tyson, Georges, JB Hunt, (the list goes on) so called "big dogs", the fact that I can smoke these boys in their Porches, Vettes and Vipers gives me great satifaction, especially when the trophy is in the passenger's seat. They never quit trying. I heard through the grapevine that an old boy with a stock GT40 was bragging about shutting down a sportbike, most likely a 600....I'm looking for him. Been wanting to do a roll on with one of those.

it  has the  BEST AS IT  TAKES ON THE  TAR[/QUOTE]

What he^ said!  
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150907410 -->

Back