Why do you ride the busa?

I was not planning on getting a bike I was only at the dealership to help a friend look for a bike. One place had a Hayabusa and I fell in love with it and looked it up on the internet that night. My first thought was that much power was way more than I wanted or needed but loved what I could do to it with after market parts. Now little over 2000 miles later I am loving the power and thinking hmmm maybe, and she remains the best looking bike out there that I can make even better. What better way to spend time and money!! Of course this is after a month and half of ownership so I should still love the bike.

this sounds crazy to everyone...but, I like to add, when I first look at it? it look like a beast, just sitting at the shadow and just chilling...and when I got em on the back (out of show room floor...) it just give me little sweets and putting my butts in great danger (just like a real beast...) they give you 1 and try to take 10 from you...
biggrin.gif

BTW, to me its like a tiger...and I'm a trainer...I don't know when I'm going to eaten by this tiger, (I hope not...) but until then I'll ride em in the back, and I'll be the master...
cool.gif

I did it cause I felt I must expreiance the luxury of Suz's flagship and, I wasn't gonna pass up one last chance at a throughbred race horse before my reflexes and or my ability no longer warrented it.
I don't care really what comes round the bend next as, it's my bike now and we are as one till it's beyond my realm of capabilites to ride up to it's measure. When that happens, I will adapt and move on to something else.

i bought mine cause no one really had one...i wanted to be different when i seen them come out i knew i would own one..then i was just learning to ride so i had 2 or 3 other bikes to hone the skills and the time was right did my research and found one and now i know why i bought it i have met the greatest people by owning it. everyone on ths board that has one is remarkable
PLUS it is the fastest thing out there (that goerge foreman doesnt make)

So someone that didn't look as dumb as RSD could be seen on one!

Actually, I wanted something that was incredibly fast that didn't need any modification to be that way. After a few years on HDs, and modifying them to death to go as fast as one of those scooters for cripples, I said f**k it, I'm going with any brand that is reliable and within that category, as fast as I can find.

<span style='color:blue'>I got mine so i could join this site!!!!  Now i want to know what is the criteria i have to meet to have one of these avatars</span>
rsd.jpg
<span style='color:blue'>instead of</span> AOL.com Images Not Available  <span style='color:orangered'><u>
Oh and its the best bang for the buck, a feat for all others to TRY and top!
</u></span>

I cant lie.Im a poser and a squid.Soon as i learnt how to ride motorcycles at the msf i needed the baddest one i can get.Thus the busa.So far so good.2000 miles and im still alive baby
smile.gif

Cause it is the "BEST"...
Well it's the best for me at what I do with it ! And as for your friend, have you looked at the fit and finish, let alone ride a 14
rock.gif
? I have (cause one of my buddies just bought one) and it doesn't compare with the Busa. Along with that seat that allows you to slide way tooooo far back on acceleration. Geee, the 14 is a good bike if that's what you want, but for me the Busa beats it in all areas. "OH YEA", my friend and I went out for some fun rolling start up to 3 gear races. On the first race, me on my Busa, him on his 14, HE WAXED ME
wow.gif
!  So when we got to our favorite trunpike Big Mac he wanted to trade bikes, so OK ! Now I'am on the all powerful 14 (Yuck-Yuck-Yuck) and HE WAXes ME AGAIN
wow.gif
, and on MY BIKE !!! Of course he is a pro-racer and races a twin turbo-nitro Kaw. But all I can say is I was just trying to stay in the saddle of the 14 since you can slide from here to WAY back there on acceleration
laugh.gif
I must have looked like a scared monkey trying to keep accelerating and pulling my asp up on that seat  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

wow.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The zx14 is called a FOURTEEN but its actual displacement is only around 1350cc.After all this time if i worked for kawasaki would have tried to give whatever machine we made to beat the busa to outmuscle it by at least 100ccs or more.Not very impressive because the busa is 8 years old so they had adequate time to design something better and more powerful.The katana seat isnt too pretty either

..so I woke up this morning @ 6 am...after gettin home from work @ 3: 30am... I had togo watch ..my sons band play @ a relay for life charity ..I get on the 5.fwy N bound.. off Ball ( Wag knows the onramp ) .. not a soul in site.. cept the ..schmo doing 40 .. in front of me .. so I double check for anything or anyone .. ( no one in site ) .... I crack the throttle in second @ 6k ..the front rise's a tad the next thing I'm in 4th @ 145 .. .. go ahead ask me why I got Busa .. besides the "fit n comfert" of it ..
smile.gif
cool.gif

Here's my 2c's worth, I bought my Busa cause My younger brother bought a 95 GSXR 750 and I was happy because my old 90 CBR 1000 could beat it. I helped him rejet his carbs and got it to where we were about even..No prob. Till I found a 59yr old guy with an 03 CBR 954 with 1k miles on it. He wanted $5500 ..my brother got it..and ran circles around my old CBR...I figured it was time to upgrade..I'd had the old bike since 92.. I sit on all the new 1 liter bikes and the Busa suited me better..and I thought it would beat his wheelie prone 954.. (it did) but being my brother out weighs me by 80lbs.. I kinda got the idea we could swap bikes and I could still beat him..one day on the interstate proved that to be true.. I could out excellerate the big Busa ..bad with him on it.. even in high gear rollons and 3-4-5 gears rollons too.. Up to 155mph (indicated by the bikes speedometer) So he's lost 20lbs since then..and he's been taking me out to eat a lot lately
biggrin.gif

Pete

I had a bike for a while after we were married, a CBR 600. My wife and I had great fun on it, however, trying to finish school, provide for a family and such, I had to sell. Fast forward many years and it was time for another bike. I originally went looking for a cruiser because I am pushing 40, like this week, and felt I must get the cruiser to be mature and responsible. To make a long story a little shorter, the sales person kept asking how I liked sitting on the VTX 1800. My response was never that exciting. I finally expressed that I really did not want a cruiser but felt that was the only bike for an older big man who wants to be able to ride double with wife or children. The sales person then talked about the Honda sportbikes, which the CBR1000RR just did not seem to fit me, especially if I was looking to ride someone on the back. Then the heaven sent question came "have you sat on the Haybusa?" I have had two first time encounters with true love. The first I have been married to for 17 years, and the second is now in my garage. The other good thing about the Busa, is that it reminds my wife she needs to work for my love and affection as there is another woman always waiting to take me away.

The ZX 14 might be faster, the Busa might get a face lift or make over, there might even be a Honda or Yamaha waiting to try and take over as King, but once you have experienced love at first site, there will always be a spot in my heart and garage for my BUSA.

I can reach flat footed comfortably, which doesn't happen on any other 600 or up new sportbike.

I liked the looks, and I am very picky so there were only 2 or 3 that I liked enough to buy, one was discontinued (1100XX) before I was ready to buy.

It's handy but more comfy than any other sportbike on the market.

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151275296 -->

Alohabusa - pretty much the same sentiment I have for the busa...

long story long - I spent about 3 years shopping around. I knew it was going to be a big investment for me. I saw the R1vsBusa video where the R1 is reading 190mph and the Busa flies buy... That created mystique for me. I sat on everything probably every other weekend. (That part was fun - the journey that took me to the busa.)

I sat on the liter bikes - didn't like the layout except for the 1000RR & GSXR1000... hated the Honda seat, thought the Kawi's were tall and painful. Sat on a 12R a dozen times - just wasn't right... Sat on a busa twice. Oh yeah... I took wifey down to the store and said - this is what I want for my birthday... just for fun... little did I realize that she would jump on the back in the dealership and say yep - that's the one I'd buy too. Then we left.

That was her pick as much as mine. The next year - 2004 - I did a repeat of the above... one Saturday in October - with no intention to buy outwardly - I took the kids to the dealer - again. My heart was pounding (like I was about to lose my virginity or something) sat on the Red '04 LE - and right in front of my kids said - how much? I didn't care - I said - get the papers done - before he could finish quoting. My kids mouths dropped on the floor... no more dealer trips - I was driving that thing home in 2 days and we were all jazzed.

I couldn't tell wifey for hours out of sheer fear, shock, terror... I had never ridden a busa. But I couldn't believe it... I couldn't believe the power, the control, the stability, the aerodynamics tucked in, it was better than I ever dreamed. And faster than I ever dreamed. Ba-Bye Katana600.

Top of the world baby...

So now that these other bikes have more horsey's - I wanna just add an extra 20hp - and I'll be fine with that until 200hp is necessary.

What's the easiest way to get to 175hp? That's all I want...

tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|shawn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151277308 -->

Back