Dyno'ed my Busa today

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Since she only had 350 miles on her I asked the guy to go to 10k and stop so this was my readings to 10k rpms.

Of the 50 so so Dynos the three Busa's were on top..

One was a 2000 with a full Yosh system and PC3 and tuned..his was the highest @ 153.  I think the other was a mostly stock 2004 and he pull a 151.

Mine pulled a 148.9 for the best of 3 runs to 10K rpms.  The one guy with the modded 00' was impressed , he figured the dyno was off because he has had his Busa dyno'ed @ 165 before.

When I get some more cash I am going to put on a nice full system and add a PC3 and take it back to him for tuning.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113097182 -->

I dynoed my bike today. Just Yoshi slip ons. 162.1 whp.

I think it did well... Received 3rd in a dyno shoot out.

ROYZGSX

rock.gif

Since she only had 350 miles on her I asked the guy to go to 10k and stop so this was my readings to 10k rpms.

Of the 50 so so Dynos the three Busa's were on top..

One was a 2000 with a full Yosh system and PC3 and tuned..his was the highest @ 153.  I think the other was a mostly stock 2004 and he pull a 151.

Mine pulled a 148.9 for the best of 3 runs to 10K rpms.  The one guy with the modded 00' was impressed , he figured the dyno was off because he has had his Busa dyno'ed @ 165 before.

When I get some more cash I am going to put on a nice full system and add a PC3 and take it back to him for tuning.
I'm not shocked..he11...your Busa is no where's near "Broken In" yet...and just as an example???....When motorcyclist Magazine first dyno'ed their long term FZ1 back in '01
rock.gif
...It made 117rwhp.....8,000 miles later under the same weather conditions and same dyno the same bike (with no mods) made 125rwhp....why???...cause the engine had fully loosened up.

New engines that aren't fully broken in register low dyno numbers....it's an engineering term known as...."Static Hystersis"...in laymens terms...Friction within the mechanical system...which will be very high until the piston rings wear a seat & seal by lapping thenslves into the crosshatched surface bores and all the journel bearings take a set through quite a few heat cycles...and watch...go back t9o that same dyno, with that same bike under simular weather conditions 8,000 miles from now and then see what your Busa spins the drum out at.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

What is there to be shocked about, like I said the dyno reads low..the guy with the 2000 with a full Yosh system and PC3 only got 153hp...he has had it measured @ 165 before.

BTW actually both other Busa's had a full Yosh system and PC3 . ..again one was 153, the other was 151 and mine was 148.9 and stock ....so a guy only gains 4 hp with a full Yosh system and PC3 tuned? I dont think so.
Id bet my bike is closer to around 156hp or better.

My 03 put 169 to the ground w/only 350 miles on her..Yosh pipe and pc w/custom map...
wink.gif

Nice but its pretty much irrelavant since you did not use the same Dyno as I did.

And actually the two other Busas had custom mapping and Yosh systems and got 151 and 153 ...so on your Dyno they be up around your number and my bike would be making closer 165hp in that situation.
smile.gif

And actually the two other Busas had custom mapping and Yosh systems and got 151 and 153 ...so on your Dyno they be up around your number and my bike would be making closer 165hp in that situation.
smile.gif
My bike had about a 12 to 14 hp gain after the pipe and pc..Stock Busa are generally about 155 give or take a couple.. also depending on the dyno..

he need to find out why that dyno is reading low, if he doesn't that dyno will have cobwebs on it real quick.
You always do 3 runs, the first is always low and junk.
You didn't even make the 148, if you look that was the blip when he chopped the throttle.
Something that is weird is the absolute pressure it is showing
30.18 .
are you like 50' below sealevel?
or was the barometric air pressure 32.00 that day?
And ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have them hook the tach up so you can get the torque reading.

Well I am not sure...they have had it a year and I am not 100% sure they really know how to use it. We are @ Sea level here. Also these are 4th gear roll-ons so I am not sure it that means anything.

I guess the main thing is 3 Busas were dynoed so at least I have something to compare against...I was within 4hp of the best one and both other Busas were modded and tuned.

something is either bad on their dyno or they have no clue what they are doing.
Just don't that it there for mapping. but where ever you do go there and get your base line with stock pipe and get the torque so you will have a somewhat real curve and numbers

One was a 2000 with a full Yosh system and PC3 and tuned..his was the highest @ 153 [/QUOTE]
rock.gif

... Something does not feel right here. I mean I have always come across that a stock busa will output 150 - 155 HP once it has been run in properly! So how can a busa with a full yosh system, PC3 and a custom map output only 153 RWHP....
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back