Home Built Chopper

wizeguy

Registered
I was working tonight and I met this guy at one of our gas stations.  He built this bike out of a crate harley engine, exercise machine parts, and an axe head (to name a few pieces.) He welded, assembled and wired the entire thing himself.  I am not one for choppers most of the time, but I was very impressed by this bike.  This gentleman had made it his...and there are no others like it...anywhere.  Thought you all might enjoy it.

<!--EDIT|wizeguy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122409506 -->

chopper.jpg

Some of these guys' taste in bikes is horrid...I don't know how anyone can really like those things...as a show piece, MAYBE, but to ride it
rock.gif

On the other hand, you have to give the guy credit...that is pure engineering genius...

Not my taste... but you sure do have to give the guy credit for his work and effort
smile.gif

I am not one for show choppers and that thing is right up my alley!! Only thing it's missing is a springer front end and it would be perfect.There is something about building a bike and riding it that yout cannot explain....thanks for the pics

don't knock it until you have tried it. When I used to ride my cruiser a lot and then jump onto my buddy's bike with hangers it felt so much more comfortable. If they are the right height it can really relax your arms.

Several chopper guys use my shop on occasion to make small parts for their bikes. I CANNOT understand why someone would spend so much on a bike that does so little. I can see the passion and the work that goes into them but I like to enjoy the ride and the peformance of my BUSA!! A ten minute ride on a hardtail is more than enough for me. Riding a hardtail with a foot clutch and suicide shift with a big motor and no front brake is downright crazy.

and there are no others like it...anywhere. [/QUOTE]
You mean nobody has ever made a chopper with a harley type v-twin? or is it that no one has used exercise equipment in fashioning one of those crude devices?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone who can build a rideable motocycle.....has my attention.......Changing gears a bit- I once lived next to this guy in N.Carolina who built every single piece of furniture in his home from his own woodshop. Over the period of about 22 yrs. Now that was impressive. His house was georgeous.

I admire anyone who goes through the process of building a bike for himself. It may not be what I would ride, but it's personalized and definitely a one of kind ride.

Back