Why do you ride the busa?

saw it new it was for me If I bought a bike to fit in with the ppl i was riding with I would have had a cruiser but I HAD TO HAVE IT
everything else performance, comfort etc. is just iceing on the cake  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150908099 -->

It fit better than any sport bike I had sat on, I could NOT got down in cc's, and they came out with the Anni Orange, sold.

No regrets, glad I got it while the body can ride it tooo.

Outgrew my Kat 750 and wanted something bigger. Didn't match my eyes even though they aren't pink!
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

I bought mine because the BUSA is the coolest bike out there.

Looks great and rides great. I really like the feeling of being able to outrun 99% of the other machines on the road (some moded bikes and exotic sport cars) even if I never intend to do it. I really like the looks I get when I pull up for gas or at red lights or when someone asks what kind of bike do you ride.

#1) too big for anything else (6'7" i look like the Grape Ape on a Gixxer 1k) wanted a 1k for agility, but none hold my size well.
#2) looks!!! can anyone show me a better lookn bike off the showfloor (for UNDER $20K??) i think NOT!
#3) Rear passenger comfort/touring comfort. Would not pay for a bike my lady can't share with me. If not for the Busa, i may have ended up on a cruiser (ahhhhhh!):O
#4) Massive tuning ability/availability-I raced n modded import cars before the Busa, so I had to get something I could tweak n tune to blow everyone else off the track, n street...kinda wanted more of a "sleeper", but even 60-year retired women look at my bike and say "wow, I bet thing's really fast" so I aint foolin nobody. But o well...
#5) this thing has the coolest name!
biggrin.gif

bought it for the fit.
Same here the looks and speed where just a + . I hate to admit it but I actually went ini the dealer to look at a ZX-12r
but the only one they had was still in the crate . I sat on the Busa and asked the salesman how much OTD . He told me , I left and after a few hours on this site and some research went back with a cashiers check and brought her home.
I could care less how fast the ZX-14 is . Its UGLY. I could care less if Suzuki comes out with something new next year. I don't think I'd part with my bike just because something new came out . And if more speed was an issue then I can always upgrade to a Big Block or a Turbo .
The New Suzuki would have to have Ohlin front and rear shocks stock , Brembo brakes front and rear , Galfer Front and rear rotors and SS brake lines ..Stock . A 1500cc Turbo charged V4 engine or inline 4 making 240 RWHP ...Stock . Marchesini Forged Magnesium Wheels ...Stock and a killer Full Ti 4-2-1 Exhaust all for under 15K . Then it might be time to trade up . But we all know .... Thats just not gonna happen.

I started my sport bike life on a GSXR750 Limited. The next 2 bikes were a 92 GSXR1100 and a 94 GSXR1100. Guinevere was the next logical progression.

Saw it in a T3 magazine sometime in 1998 or 99. Fell in love with the vague, poor resolution image. I was in India at that time...biggest bike was 350cc and no imports allowed.

Kept my eyes on the Busa devouring everything I could from the web.

Now...in 2006...I have one.:D

First off iyour friend didn't do his research or he would have known about the gee-14
I brought the busa after doing much reseach and sitting on many different kind of bikes.

Love the ride love the smoothness, Love the comfort oh yea and loves how slow it goes.

(fits my style , looks very cool , too comfortable in its class , fastest , best bike in its class)

I didn't know about the reputation of the Busa when I bought my first one in '03. I was riding both a '86 Honda V65 and a '02 Honda ST1300. The day before I put down a deposit on a Blackbird, but stopped by the Suzuki shop and it was love at first sight. Got my deposit back from the Honda dealership and I've been a Busa Man ever since:) It is my fountain of youth!!

I went to the dealer to sit on a 12 and did.  Then I walked inside and saw the red/black 05 Busa and thoughts of the 12 went out the window.  The zx14 was just a rumor when I bought the Busa and when it came out I was reassured of my decision.  I love the looks, power, and feel of the Busa, and could never get by the looks of the fugly 14.  I get compliments all the time and so far no one has even asked if I wish I had bought a 14.  I don't plan on trading this one in, just want to save up for a turbo and then go to the salt flats.
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
tounge.gif

BTW that guy must have been living under a rock if he wasn't aware of the 14's coming out if it was just a month after he bought his busa. I heard about the 14's back when I bought the 05' model.

<!--EDIT|Bruiserman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150919416 -->

As soon as I heard it was the fastest production bike in the world I had to have one..... Not really!

No honestly I was going in to buy a gixxer 1K cash in hand. The stealership had none and weren't expecting any until February (It was August) but that had my quiet little busa tucked away between a bunch of Katanas. Now I wasn't about to go 10 months without a bike (can't ride in February) NOOOO sir! I decided to go home and sleep on it. At that point the busa did not have my attention. I told a buddy about the busa and he was like you should get that. So I called the stealership and asked what the price difference was. $100.00 THEN I was hooked. I started researching and I went back to the stealership 3 more times. The dealer each time told me I didn't need what I needed was a gixxer 750. "Nobody needs a busa" he told me. I finally made the decision and every since then I have never looked back. This bike not only turned out to be the powerful bike I wanted but also a comfort queen, a drag racing machine, excellent ergonomics, performance mods out the a$$, and anything else you could ever want in a bike. I think a lot about what I'd be doing if I bought that 750 or the 1K and I realize I'm better off without them, kinda like gettin dumped by your first love, it's sux to be without them but you realize your a better person without them.

Ok it's nothing like that, but my Hayabusa has become a love affair. If it wasn't for this bike I probably wouldn;t ride anywhere near as much as I do now.

The bike is like a beautiful woman, it will make you spend money you don;t have to try and impress your friends. It will drive you to sacrifice to keep it around. It will cause you to neglect the things in life you once loved so much. Dayum this bike for all that it has done to me.
biggrin.gif

I checked with my fan club, turns out my busa DOES make me look phat. I'm not sure how to take this news....

At the time I purchased my first busa, I did not know much about it, I only knew what the salesmen always told me that people were scared of it and that it was fast. Since it was the top of the food chain, I purchased. My first street bike was my first busa. Not scared, and love it. Before it I only had dirt stuff.
Anyways, I like to get me the top of the line on stuff whenever possible. The 14, I do not care much about it, I only miss my first busa '02 LE, I loved that black, my '05LE is just not that one but I love it

The Busa is sexy, comfortable, fast, and handles reasonably well. Since it is mature, the bugs have been worked out and there is a well established aftermarket for it. What more could anyone want?

Back