Should I trade ?

Dozerdriver

Registered
Here is my issue.. I have someone who wants me to trade my 08 busa for his 08 gixxer 1k. I have mods and so does he, my mileage is 10k and his is 1k. The only reason I am considering the trade is because my wife has a white 09 Busa that I can ride anytime. The 1k is white also...

A modded 1k with mods and its hardly out of break in? I think we can tell how that bike was broken in. I would be suspect of that bike until I had it really well looked over.

I think it comes down to your type of riding. If you do a lot of long day rides or even overnight trips I would stick with the busa. I don't find the 1k bikes comfortable for longer than a couple hours. However I'm a pretty big guy so you may not have that issue.

If you do only shorter rides or find the 1k comfortable on longer rides then I would consider it. :thumbsup:

If you got your wifes busa, I'd say go for it. I love my liter bike and the ones I've had before. I just keep a busa for doubling and the looks, but as far as hard riding, I prefer the 1K.

i wouldn't unless you have rode and would prefer to ride the 1k and your wife is the same. if you guys ride together and you want the busa but she dont like the 1k you might be in a bind

Here is my issue.. I have someone who wants me to trade my 08 busa for his 08 gixxer 1k. I have mods and so does he, my mileage is 10k and his is 1k. The only reason I am considering the trade is because my wife has a white 09 Busa that I can ride anytime. The 1k is white also...

well if you ever want to ride a 1000 then its a good idea and if not then its a bad idea

The way I discribe the GSXR1K is "EVIL"! It does most everything better than the busa. However, if you are not an adrenaline freak, your busa may be a better ride.

Both are great bikes but if you have access to a busa, I'd say give the Gixxer a shot!

A modded 1k with mods and its hardly out of break in? I think we can tell how that bike was broken in. I would be suspect of that bike until I had it really well looked over.

If it fires right up...idles good, is clean, runs good, trann shifts well...hell just go ride it for 20 miles or so. Nothing in the world wrong with that bike. Do you think suzuki just builds the motors and puts them in the bikes NO. They crank them up and they are tested from the factory. That bike is good as new....they last just as long if you leave the dealer and ring them out to redline as if you putted around at 5000 RPM for the first 1000 miles. Now we all know that the harder you ride a motor the more excessive the wear is but riding one hard in the first 1000 miles doesn't dictate how the motor is going to run the rest of its life...of course all my opinion. I've done both the break in and the all out run the krap out of them when they are new....no difference ever seen

The way I discribe the GSXR1K is "EVIL"! It does most everything better than the busa. However, if you are not an adrenaline freak, your busa may be a better ride.

Both are great bikes but if you have access to a busa, I'd say give the Gixxer a shot!

I would have agreed with you about 3 weeks ago until I went out and rode my turbo busa...change that "EVIL" to "UBER SLOW"....nice bikes though especially the 07 to new

I have ridden a 1k and do like them both alot. Just think it would be nice to have the ability to switch from one to another. The bike is in great shape from what I can tell. We are going to switch up and ride on Sunday to see if it is something we both want. He never rode a Busa but had a lot of 1k's...

I have ridden a 1k and do like them both alot. Just think it would be nice to have the ability to switch from one to another. The bike is in great shape from what I can tell. We are going to switch up and ride on Sunday to see if it is something we both want. He never rode a Busa but had a lot of 1k's...

That's a great idea. gl on your decision...

Both bikes are extremely fast, just the Busa seems much tamer and smoother. The 1k's are more scary to me, due to the hyperness of the power. When I race other friends with the same bike I can pull on them, but when I ride the 1k it feels faster...

If I had a spare busa to trade I would trade it for a 1k.

can't go wrong with havin' the fastest long distance bike next to a like-new canyon carver in the garage.

if your even asking it means your in the mood for something new.

DO IT:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back