Why did you choose a busa?

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
bored at work and was surfin' around the org. got to thinking about all the different posts and pics of the different styles of modding(or not) that folks on here do to thier busas.

the busa actually chose me because its the fastest straight line bike in the world. hence the lowering, stretching, missing right front brake and power additions.
i do ride this bike back and forth to work everyday, weather allowing(although i got caught in the rain last week). and its about an 80 mile round trip. anything that gets 38-44 miles per gallons and runs in the 9's in the 1/4 is OK in my book.
just wondering why everyone else chose a busa.

Fell in love with my best friends ZX-14 after riding it, but did not like the look. Decided on the Busa because I really enjoyed my GSX-R and the curves of the Gen II. It was a simple decision once I thought about it. I have since turned it into a cruising rocket. Love the bike, plan to ride it for the rest of my days.

Gen 1 for me for me, easy to Turbo, cos it's practically bulletproof from the factory, add a spacer, studs, a few extras mods and I'm running comfortabley at 250+ ponies as a daily driver on pump gas, Easy to find parts, as well as these great forums that come with owning one :thumbsup: also I look like a gorilla on a scooter on anything else. :rofl:

my Harley wad broke and i need a reliable bike to ride on. i was also looking to reach out to the sport bike crowd. i had always thought the hayabusa was an awesome bike. i did sit on a Z14 but they had not been out as long as the busa. alot of it was reputation. fast reliable fun! :thumbsup: i am glad i did, and i'll never look back!:cheerleader:

comfort and speed beats the hell out of a piece plastic they call a seat on some of these liter bikes

My cousin first bought a `01 ZX12 brand new. I inquired why not a Hayabusa...he kind of felt like the `Busa didn`t have anything on his 12....well he lets me ride his new machine, and I set my sights on a Hayabusa (loved the performance of the ZX but usually I have had a preference for Suzuki machines anyway)..so a few years later I can finally make it happen and get a new `Busa.....his ZX12 was spanked regularly...not by much though!
Even now I think the Hayabusa is a much nicer looking bike than the ZX14
In all fairness I will add that maybe he got the jump on me a time or two and I didn`t have the room to catch him...

ETA- cousin still has that 12, but a newer engine...week crankshaft in the early model years?....he found out at 160mph!

First time I saw a busa was back in 03'. I was on the turnpike on my 98' CBR600F3 doing it's max speed when this blue bike passes me as I wasn't even moving. Then a few seconds later I see another bike silver/copper come right next to me then just takes off I was like ::11 Then at the rest stop I saw both bikes parked, suzuki hayabusa I wondered what the heck is that? Needless to say a month later I got my first busa :thumbsup:

• Haha
Reactions: Zee
I bought mine because I was tired of riding my 600rr. It was too slow on the straights and I got tired of trying to go fast around corners only to find a nasty suprised. So I decided that I would just get the busa for more comfort and good power. I am happy as could be and if I ever do get another bike it will be another busa.

The main question is...why not! :laugh: It's the absolute best of everything I've always wanted in a bike! :cheerleader:

I like to drag race. I 05 gsxr600 with an 8 over arm, and a 60shot was fun, untill I got eaten alive by busas at the track. So I sold the 600.

Bought a 07 busa stock...still wasn't fast enough. a year later I put a turbo on it. 247hp...still wasn't fast enough. So another year later, I upgraded to a stage 2, and have about 300hp. And now this year, it's fast enough.:rofl:

I was driving my VFR into a 40 mph headwind one day, and getting beat up with a need for more power. Case closed. :bowdown:

I was with my wife in the van when this cool looking bike pulled up to the stop light. I told my wife I liked how it looked and then seen the 1300R on the tail. I didn't know who made the bike so I started looking on line. I found it and fell in love, but that was in 01. I could not afford it so I just dreamed. Well in 2010 I found a wrecked one in my price range and know how to fix them. So now I am more in love and own a 07. I think I will start looking for a wrecked 08 or newer :)

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got it because it was the best of all worlds......very very fast, tons of usable torque, handled well, stable as a brick at the high speeds I love, and comfy for me and my wife on long rides. How can you beat that? :laugh:

I did not choose my Busa - my Busa chose me...

But seriously, I was looking at getting another bike (already have a few...) and I wanted something that could easily accommodate my girlfriend as well as be fun for me. I was looking at bikes for sale locally online when I happened to look at Busas. I had never seriously thought about one, dunno why. When I thought about what they give you for your money, they become the most obvious rational choice. More of everything makes sense to me...

The fact that the bike is just ******* amazing also helps! The smiles and adrenal gland spasms are bigger with a Busa too! I'm so glad I happened to see the light...

Back