Why did you choose a busa?

Because Honda just pussyed out on the hyper-bike market... they stopped importing the Blackbird here in the USA after 2003, and stopped world-wide production in 2007. And even at that, they never really had a serious update to the platform after the '99 model.

Rode the Gen I Busa when it first came out in 1999. Loved it, but I guess I was still a Honda fanboy back in those days, and went with the Blackbird. Had quite the affair with the CBR1100XX for the next 8 years.

But when I saw my charcoal black K8 being wheeled into the showroom floor in early November, 2007, I bought it before they even parked the thing. :beerchug:

I had a dream my future ex-wife rides a black busa to my work to bring me lunch. In the dream I was so happy to see my baby roll up. She was so nice, she brought me lunch and....whoever that woman riding on her was. :laugh:

Marty McFly told me the world would e destroyed if I didn't buy one.

He later turned out to be the salesman.

It's the only thing I couldn't beat with my 919 so it was obvious. Never going back hopefully I can afford a brand new one one day (probably a gen lll)
Posted via Mobile Device

I chose a Busa for a few reasons. They are the sexiest looking bikes in my honest opinion, the raw power that they produce, and the comfort it provides. It doesnt have the comfort a cruiser has, but it sure is alot better then my GSXR 750.

You mean that there are other companys that produce Super Sports Bikes other that suzuki......???.....:rofl:

I do not believe that and will be doing some investigating...but that has to be the funniest thing I have heard all year !!!! :rofl:

The busa is decendant from the Gixer sport bike family. That is to me what distingiushes it from any other hyperbike. It still rides like a sportbike and you can get aggressive on it. Yet with all that it is touring comfortable and the engine is a peach.

Funny how everyone knowcks the Busa for it not turning. But they are comparing it to a GSXR1000 which obviously it can't corner with. But the ZX14's (old one that is), K1300's, can't even come close to the busas handling.

This is a zombie thread, but I'll contribute anyway.

The Hayabusa has become an icon... a legend in it's own time. For some reason, it's become the bar by which others are judged. How many times have you heard the term "busa-killer"? Everyone wants to be better than the Hayabusa. It doesn't matter anymore... the Hayabusa is the standard, regardless of claimed top speed. It's a 14 year old design that has stood the test of time.

If you are a guitarist, and if you want to play an icon, then you need a Fender Strat or Tele. If you want that classic rock tone from an icon guitar, then you need a Gibson Les Paul. If you want to ride the American cruiser legend icon, then it needs to be a Harley Davidson. For big sport bikes, the choice is Hayabusa.

I chose a Hayabusa because I wanted the real deal. I wanted to ride the legend. I would not be happy riding something else, while trying to convince others (and myself) that it was better than a Hayabusa. It's not about what is better. There are other bikes that are better. It's about the legend. It's about the icon. It's what makes me happy.

I went to buy this

zx 14.jpg

When the first came out I fell in love with the body lines and loved the fact it was the fastest production bike out there.I finally waited long enough and bought one.

Back