Why did you choose the busa over other bikes?

Fit. Im a little guy so I needed a little bike.
No, No, seriously Gunny tell us the truth
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

In the spring of 2003 at the age of 56, I was buying a new R6 for my son and decided I wanted to get a bike after not riding for 20 years. After a month or so of shopping, I decided on a Yamaha FJR1300 and went into the local dealership on May 5th to order one only to learn that I had missed the ordering window by five days. Calls to Yamaha were fruitless, so I resumed shopping. I revisited the local Suzuki dealership asking about sport-touring bikes, found they offered none but was told the closest thing would be the Hayabusa. I told them I thought that was kind of like the ultimate crotch rocket but the owner told me that while they don't sell many and had none in stock, they had sold their first one in 1999 to a 70 year-old retired surgeon who put 15,000 miles on it the first year and came back in 2000 to buy one for his wife!

I spent some time researching the Busa, found this site along with others and found that a lot of Busa owners are older and many use them as sport-tourers. On top of that, I liked the name better than a bunch of letters and numbers, so I went Busa shopping.

I had sent an email to every Yamaha dealer within 300 miles in search of FJRs that were ordered under phony buyer names. One of the respondents was a Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha dealer in suburban Pittsburgh, so I asked if he had a 40th Anniversary model and the black R6 my son wanted to buy. He had both.

My wife drove us out on a Friday evening and we rode the new bikes home on Saturday. I'm here to tell you that 56 year-olds with arthritis have absolutely NO business riding a sportbike 206 miles in one shot after not riding for 20 years. Especially when their last bike was a Gold Wing Interstate! I felt like my earlobes were resting on my kneecaps and my knuckles were going to scrape the pavement on every turn. And as hard as I looked, I could not find the cruise control switches! But we made it and numerous mods favoring sport-touring later, I love the bike.

I'd still like to have an FJR but that has to wait until I can afford to buy it while keeping the Busa. I like it that much!

Ed

die hard kawi guy didn't like the looks of the 14 at the cycle show or the pics, but it's starting to grow on me after I saw the numbers and the after market jews you could add. saw the le-06 like the color bought it after seeing it in person , so to answer question went with I liked first.:)

I love the power, looks, and size of the Busa. Not to mention that a Busa is the Lamborghini, Porsche, and Ferrari of motorcycles. Just like a woman staring at a diamond, once I laid my eyes on a Busa for the first time, I had to have one.

Two words "I'm Big", 6'4" 275 # I came off a 97' gsxr 750, then 00' TL, now my 01' busa. I love it!!!! comfertable and super fast. Looks are great and most of all I just feel at home on it. props to suzuki for making the best bike out there
cool.gif

I bought my 06 busa cause the cranberry/black version really grabbed me,AND i love telling people its "Its the fastest bike on the planet!"
I only have 39 km's on her and i'm just waiting for the frekin snow to melt.I'm 48 yrs old and this is my 8th bike.
Oh and , i love the seating position on this bike and the way the gauges are laid out,mmmmm sweet!!!!
C,mon spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slider1.gif

In 99, my bro-in-law and I shared an office. I had a 94 Honda Magna (surprisingly quick and agile) and he was looking to upgrade his recent model Honda 750 standard.

He ended up buying a Honda Blackbird. Nice bike, but I was fixated on the "new" Hayabusa that I saw among the bike literature that he was gathering at the time. That bike just looked really nice. The best "sporty" I had ever seen. I wanted one.

Fast forward a few years. Kids are older, finances are better. I bought a Yamaha Road Star Warrior. Pretty quick and nimble for a big V-twin sport-cruiser, but it only took a year or so of riding that bike to make me realize that what I really wanted was the Busa.

I started looking for the fastest Busa (blue & silver, of course) in August of 04 and found my baby the next month. I'll never forget the day I drove 60 miles out of my way to get the color I wanted. No help wit picking the bike up, so I had to pull a trailer to the dealer in order to bring the bike back home.

I had never ridden a sportbike of any kind, but here I was at the dealer taking my new Busa out for a test ride. Honestly, I was afraid after all the hype that I had overheard regarding this bike. Test ride was tentative, but went well.

Almost two years later, I have to say that the Busa does so many things so well that I couldn't think of a better replacement if I tried. I was thinking of getting an FJR for some loaded up touring, but after riding one last month, I just couldn't do that. Among all of the things that the Busa does well, it would sure beat out the FJR. I'd be very willing to give up a more upright seating position for the Busa's many possibilities. i.e: you might see a Busa on the road with a Tour-Pak, but you're not likely to see an FJR tearing it up at the drag strip!

So that's it. My Busa is the "Swiss Army Knife" of road bikes.

I was looking for a "sporty" sport touring bike: power, stability, able to ride for hours and occasionally carry a passenger.

Tried several bikes, tried a ‘Busa, and there was nothing else like it

Fit like a glove (for me, Suzuki’s ergos are nearly perfect – the ‘Busa’s ARE perfect, stock)

Goes where I want it to go, all I have to do is THINK the line and it goes there – and it gets there RIGHT NOW!

Looks great, and it turns more heads than a big-boob blond on the beach (occasionally turns the heads of big-boob blonds – what could be better – redheads?)

I have ridden just about every type of bike out there and nothing compares to a busa,this is my second one and i love them,just ordered a ghetto turbo kit for this one!!!
race.gif

I chose to purchase the Hayabusa over "other bikes" because....

#1. It came with a level of torque and power I'll never outgrow (as far as a street going bikes goes) and..

#2. It yeilds "All Day ST Comfort" yet still looks sporty as he11 and...

#3. It's a modern day living legend which has already made and left it's indelible mark in the history of speed.

That about covers it....anybody think I made a bad purchase?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
tounge.gif

ONLY BECAUSE I DESERVE THE BEST<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'></span><span style='color:red'></span><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span>

<!--EDIT|sproket
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140229832 -->

Lol i have a feeling i wont have anyone here saying i made a mistake and got screwed out of my 11 grand that i paid for my new busa.Suzuki i want my money back.Lol guess everyone is happy with their purchase (including me).

I decided to get back into street bikes after moving to cali (10 years off the street- always had at least 1 dirt bike) Wanted a busa but bought a warrior as I was leary of the busa's power. Fast forward 2 years - still really dug the RSW but found it to hurt my back after an hours riding (feet forward position set off sciatia) and started shopping.
I needed something comfy and capable of playing on the twisties here (without scraping expensive bits). I am a horsepower junkie and over 200# so I knew it had to be a literbike or better. So, that narrowed it to the fz-1, fjr, or Busa. Fjr was to hard to find and the fz-1 doesn't have the "grunt" I was accustomed to on the Warrior (still a hella fun bike tho) so the busa it was.

Why did you choose the busa over other bikes?[/QUOTE]
Because I wanted a big fugging fast bike! I'm kinda tall @ six five and a half and geared up I'm 230lbs easy.
Am I going to ride a thumper? No.
Ride a 600 and have both my knees drag at the same time? No.
Pay for a bike that costs wayyyyy more and does not have the same or even close to equal performance? No.
Step down from riding a fast bike to something slower? No.
Smile from ear to ear EVERY time I get on it? Hell yes! It's like the first time you're with a woman and she lifts her butt up so you can take off her panties.
The other bikes out there just didnt have the umpf in the way I wanted and got from the Hayabusa.

Because I base my life and desicions on sheer overkill. Just take waaaay more than you will ever need. Also because it feels demonic at full throttle.

Was coming out of a cruiser. Wanted to be able to ride with my son's without being left behind. But even for an old guy, insurance was a consideration. After comparing rates, I almost decided to go with a 750 Katana, as the rates through progressive on the Hayabusa were almost double the Katana! That was before I was turned on to this site, and you guys educated me about state farm! For that I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

i BOUGHT THE BUSA BECAUSE i LOVE THIS BIKE!
biggrin.gif

Back