Why did you choose a busa?

i was browsing ebay a few years back and came across the busas. i couldnt believe the bang for your bike these bikes provided. add to that the last bike i owned was an 87 gsxr11, and the decision to buy when i could was made.

in 2008 i finally had a little cash put together. bought off ebay. my bike arrived more beautiful than the pictures.

incredibly fast. incredibly stable.

a bike that will sustain me!

i had an 2006 750 which is a beast of a motorcycle, but i started getting too comfortable and wanting to "pop wheelies" and wifey wasn't so happy..so when i saw the 08 busa model coming in the next few months i sold the 750 and sat down for 2 months and bought the beast that tamed me in oct 2007...i'm still somewhat tame..:laugh:

At first it was the only bike that was comfy 2 up. Now after a year with the bike its the feeling of fun, freedom and stability. The stupid look on my face when I get off, the same one my dogs have tongue out, jowls back and ears waving. It also doesn't hurt that no matter what rolls up next to me, I know I'm faster. Its the constant smile and sense of alive.

I remember the first time I saw one in 99, which was the first year I started riding. As we drove past, I remember craning my neck so hard it hurt trying to figure out what this golden missile of a motorcycle was. In the fleeting few seconds that I saw it, I still remember thinking "That bike is totally molded to that rider..." Then a couple of weeks later I saw it on TV, some kind of motorcycle show... and then I realized how fast it was.... HOLY S#!T

I had loved it ever since, but knew that it was well out of my price (and experience) range. Over the years I saw plenty of them, read lots about them and finally was able to get one to call my own in Sep 2008. It was a big risk purchasing it as I had never ridden one before, I didn't know if it was comfy, I didn't know if I could handle the power...

Here I am 3 years later after adding 30,000 kms to the odometer and I am loving every minute of it. Is there anything this bike CAN'T do? I love it's straightline, cheekpulling, acceleration and speed, I love it for riding 2 up and going on long trips, I love rocking it through the twisties. I love having drinks with friends and just staring at it in the garage, I love how the smooth fairing feels against my... Whoops, almost went a bit too far there :smileyexhibit:

Plain and simple, this bike is the S#@! and I can't wait to put another 30,000 kms on it...:cheerleader::laugh: After the winter maintenance (new clutch, new fork springs, new chain/sprockets), all I'll have to do is gas her up and change the oil....

Because my friend Rubb kept bugging me. Oh wait, that was why I bought my latest 'Busa. :moon:

I bought my first one because my friend Karl kept bugging me.... to ride his. So I did. And I liked it. Liked it a lot. Three 'Busas and two B-Kings later, I still like it. :bowdown:

Hey, this is kinda an old thread. How'd I beat RedBull to it? :poke:

Back