Ok Why did you choose the Busa???

71olds

Registered
What put the Busa in your Garage & what if anything was your second choice?
What do you dislike most about the Busa

Also what if anything did you sell to buy it??

I'll start Honestly an impulse buy. My registation was due on my VFR800 & I figured I would get a new bike.
Problem I am 41 5'11 & 225 lbs so a GSXR is not what I want to ride for more then 30 min. (although they look sweet).
So off to the Motorcycle superstore I went. Options
New - VFR1200 God it's ugly & expensive so that was out.
ZX14 - can be ugly but if a solid color It looks good & about as comfortable as my VFR.
Hayabusa - rommy a little lower bars then the 14 or the VFR but good legroom. So I went hunting for a ZX14 1st & a Busa as a backup.
A nice clean 03 Busa popped up on Craigslist about a week later & after a 5 min test ride I was hooked.

IMG_4855.jpg

the reason I picked my 03 in order
1) Comfort
2) Motor & torque love the torque
3) price/insurance I priced the Insurance for an 08 leftover ZX14 & it was
almost 700 a year the 03 Busa costs me 293 (I have muti bike discount)
& cash for the 03 so no loan.

Think I like the least on the Busa
1) The tail end. Looks very round & dated to me
2) Bike is a little Buzzy but does not bother me as much as when I got it.

Here was the VFR

014-4.jpg

Wanted a sport touring bike with reliability, HP, and alure.
Posted via Mobile Device

I bought it as a second bike for long rides. Its not really my style to start out with, I like "Repli Racer" bikes like CBRs,GSXRs & ZXs. I like the comfort of riding it, what I don't like about it is its weight.

I bought it as a second bike for long rides. Its not really my style to start out with, I like "Repli Racer" bikes like CBRs,GSXRs & ZXs. I like the comfort of riding it, what I don't like about it is its weight.

big girls need love too :laugh: she is heavy though compared to the rest, but i think she makes up for it

Comfortable, yet sporting riding position (I agree that the GSX-R is not a bike for a 40+ lower back). Torque. Torque. TORQUE! Styling (distinct). Street cred.

Great all-around bike as-is but would love ABS as an option. :thumbsup:

Knew I wanted to go sport from the 85' Magna but with something designed for long hauls. In 07' I seriously considered the ZX-14 and a 06' Limited Edition Hayabusa but heard 'rumors' of a new and improved 'Busa for 08' so I decided to wait and man, it was love at first sight.

Didn't care about street cred or the cc size, it was the styling that made me' yearn for her.

I admit The 08' tail was a little more radical but I got over that real fast... Besides, everyone else had to look at it more then me! ;-)

Dislikes? For a bike of that caliber I think a proper cruise control would've been just...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive been riding 11 months. During that time I have now owned 6 different bikes. searching, always searching for my soul mate.

seems like there is really only ONE choice if you want all 3 criteria (comfort, power and style) and I've wanted one from the very beginning.

I sold my gsxr 750 (power and style but no comfort) AND my vstar 1100 cruiser (comfort but no power or style)

and now I have my busa. Second choice MIGHT have been a zx14, but they're not as comfortable as the busa, not by a long shot.

I was given the Busa by my husband when he got the LE Busa he really wanted. I love the power and reliability. The weight is an issue with me... cuz once it's down.. it aint coming back up without help.

I also ride an R6 which is lots of fun in the twisties but a Bi&%# to ride in hot weather, slow traffic, and straight roads.

Of course I will ride just about anything anyone lets me... My latest passion are Dual Sports/ Motards... :banana:

Had 2 Gsxr1000s. Wanted something more comfy. Bought an M109R. When I bought it, I was torn between it and the 'Busa. Had it for 3 years, was happy for 2. For the last year, I craved the 'Busa (wanted to corner again) Did it about a month or so ago. Lovin it. Only thing I would change would be that I honestly think it needs more oomph... I know I'm gonna get yelled at for that, but my '05 Gsxr1000 would spank this thing, and I've been spanked by an '06 1000, so I'd like to have a little more pep in the step, and a little less 200 mph (who uses all this top end power anyway) give me some more midrange...
I know the weight is most likely the culprit, but its hard talking shiz about your 'Busa, when you just got spanked by a liter bike.

Had 2 Gsxr1000s. Wanted something more comfy. Bought an M109R. When I bought it, I was torn between it and the 'Busa. Had it for 3 years, was happy for 2. For the last year, I craved the 'Busa (wanted to corner again) Did it about a month or so ago. Lovin it. Only thing I would change would be that I honestly think it needs more oomph... I know I'm gonna get yelled at for that, but my '05 Gsxr1000 would spank this thing, and I've been spanked by an '06 1000, so I'd like to have a little more pep in the step, and a little less 200 mph (who uses all this top end power anyway) give me some more midrange...
I know the weight is most likely the culprit, but its hard talking shiz about your 'Busa, when you just got spanked by a liter bike.

lower the gearing.

aside from the obvious (FAST) ,the busa is a well rounded bike. i was hooked in 99' and bought my first busa in 02' and for me, nothing out there was/is that exceptional for me to steer into a different direction.

I was riding a harley and it killed my back. A friend of mine let me ride his busa and I was sold on it. I bought my new 08 and have never wanted anything else. I love to power also. I use to have a few fast cars and the busa feels my need for speed at a 1/4 of the cost. GO HAYABUSA:cheerleader:

DSC_0038.jpg

Because Im one of those guys that always wants something faster, I figured this way there was no where else to go.

1) Researched on how easy it would be to lower it to my needs. At 5' 1" it is the main thing you have to think about at to get on 2 wheels. :laugh:

I needed a bike with some power to move me, I am very heavy too :down:

2 nd choice was to try and find a Honda Blackbird which wasn't going to be easy didn't like the nose or gills on the ZX14.

3) Got rid of my 96 F3 Honda bike was outstanding

img275.jpg

img275.jpg

Past bikes I have owned: 1994 cbr 600 f2, 2001 cbr 929rr, 2002 GSXR 1000, and now a 2004 Hayabusa.

Always wanted a Busa. I heard all of the horror stories of people saying they are to big and heavy, you wont be able to ride the twisties. You know I ride it like every other bike I have owned, and each bike was a little diff and that was good and bad depending on what I was doing with that bike. Hands down the hayabusa is the best bike I have ever ridden. I think people say those things about the busa because they are afraid to ride them, they have never ridden one so they obviously dont have a clue, they dont want others to do something they cant or wont do themselves.

Always owned big bikes, Yamaha Venture, FJ1200 when that was the hot bike, then the ZX-11D came out & that was the biggest, then when the Busa came to town, sold.

But more than that, I think it's visually one of the visually beautiful bikes ever sculpted. (after a few mods of course :laugh:)

displayimage.php

Had a Duc a few years ago, but it was too restrictive for my body. I got my '09 thinking it would be the same except more comfy. That was not the case, this bike is heavy. Have been thinking about selling it and getting a few older bikes that are fun to ride. I haven't ridden mine that much lately.........

Back