Ok Why did you choose the Busa???

I saw it, I liked it, I bought it.:beerchug:
I'm building a drag bike. Been riding the canyons for 31 years, and I am tired of watching squids bust themselves up because they learned how to ride from a friend one weekend and decided to buy a gsxr 1000 and tear up the roads! yeah, that rarely works out well.

HOOYAH!!!
Dan

_MG_9910bd34.jpg

_MG_9911bd34.jpg

Why I bought a busa? well for starters you just bolt a turbo on and you have 400 hp and I can drag a knee on it just fine and I only weigh 170lbs. For anyone that talks smack on a busa I will run you any day of the week. Busa is king of the road!:laugh:

sold my 03 focus and bought me a cheap hooptie with no regrets, that was after hunting for a Gen1 that is on the verge of extinction where im at. A month into my search, I recieved a call from my friends who saw an advertisement for one, we go see the bike and as soon as the bike cover is off i lost my breath for a moment,It was clean. Another schocker was seeing the mileage when we turned it on. a bit under 4k miles on a 05...lovely. purchased it in april 2010.

I've always liked the looks of the busa, I even prefer the looks of the Gen1 to the Gen2, the physical size of the bike fits my 184cm, 230lbs,with the torque it makes one need not downshift! and it makes cruising at 130mph as easy as 60, rock solid at speeds over 170mph.

love it, dont you?

What put the Busa in your Garage & what if anything was your second choice?
What do you dislike most about the Busa

Also what if anything did you sell to buy it??

I'll start Honestly an impulse buy. My registation was due on my VFR800 & I figured I would get a new bike.
Problem I am 41 5'11 & 225 lbs so a GSXR is not what I want to ride for more then 30 min. (although they look sweet).
So off to the Motorcycle superstore I went. Options
New - VFR1200 God it's ugly & expensive so that was out.
ZX14 - can be ugly but if a solid color It looks good & about as comfortable as my VFR.
Hayabusa - rommy a little lower bars then the 14 or the VFR but good legroom. So I went hunting for a ZX14 1st & a Busa as a backup.
A nice clean 03 Busa popped up on Craigslist about a week later & after a 5 min test ride I was hooked.

IMG_4855.jpg

the reason I picked my 03 in order
1) Comfort
2) Motor & torque love the torque
3) price/insurance I priced the Insurance for an 08 leftover ZX14 & it was
almost 700 a year the 03 Busa costs me 293 (I have muti bike discount)
& cash for the 03 so no loan.

Think I like the least on the Busa
1) The tail end. Looks very round & dated to me
2) Bike is a little Buzzy but does not bother me as much as when I got it.

Here was the VFR

014-4.jpg
Honestly I picked up my 04LE red busa because of the legendary hype I'd heard over the years. I'm also a tall guy and wanted something fast as all get out, that handled well, but was still comfy enough to ride all day with my wife. Also the pearl metallic red LE in person is one of the best looking bikes I think I've ever seen.......the solid color scheme with the blacked out frame and gold/silver/chrome highlights really fits the busa's body shape well :thumbsup: Gorgeous bike :bowdown:

I love the tight, stable, predictable handling and instant torque of the busa...power from the basement on up.

On the downside, I do ride at about 4500 to 5000ft up, which prolly has a big effect, but I was pretty disappointed with the acceleration of my busa stock. I was expecting a lot more after reading all the hype over the years. And I did have it down to sea level a time or two. After a bunch of mods and gearing its pretty darn quick now, and I'm happy, but I still think the first gens were overhyped in the acceleration department stock. Thats actually the reason I bought my 06 14 :laugh: ( I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying this, but this old boy can take the heat :beerchug: ) The 14 was actually as fast as I expected :thumbsup:

I still plan on keeping my busa for a long long time, just like my other bikes. When I get something set up the way I like it, I tend to keep it for quite a while :p:

Been riding for about 35 years. Have owned about every style of bike out there from HD's to on/off road. Always wanted a Busa from 99 when I first saw one. Bought a M109 to try and get the wife on the back. She'll ride with once in a while but not for her. Saw an ad on Craigslist of a guy that wanted to trade his 2000 with an 06 motor and since I had 3 sleds I bit. Glad I did. Love the way it pulls and the riding position is perfect for this 52 year old back. Now .......Let the mods begin.

I have wanted one as long as i could remember, you dont see em alot but everyone seems to know what it is, the look of the headlight and rear end is "iconic" Had my chance to pick one up about 6 years ago, sold my gsxr 750 to buy it, rode it until stupidity got the best of me and wrecked it severly damaging myself in the process. Thought it be sad that i wasnt even 21 and wouldnt ever get on a bike again. Few years of recovery and thousands in med bills later i picked up my CBR from my brother when he went out and bought a 1kRR, it was fun and got me back in the saddle, but a carbed 900RR just wasnt a busa. And being 6'5" with torn up knees it just was unpleasant to ride over 30 miles. So the pro street camaro went up on ebay and didnt sell when i was contacted by a guy looking to trade for a car since he didnt ride the bike, and i had a car i didnt drive and the rest is history. People have called me nuts for getting rid of the camaro but to be honest i have not lost any sleep over the deal, the camaro was cool but the busa is epic and had work done that i would have done and dirty low miles. It was a no brainer!!

Funny thing is back when the zx-14 came out i was sitting at a dealer getting ready to sign paperwork and got a call that the landlord had let my townhouse go into foreclosure and i had to get out....Didnt buy the ZX-14

Back in 08 i bought a v-rod night rod special with a turbo. Fell in love with it, it wasnt superbike status but it was cool comfy and respectable, took it back after 4 weeks of owning it after it spent 3 weeks of in and out at harley... Got fed up with the problems and just said no more.

This was the car i worked out a trade deal for the busa
71710003.jpg

And the last time i saw her, on the trailer heading for texas... spent 6 years making that car what i wanted
hayabusa002.jpg

big girls need love too :laugh: she is heavy though compared to the rest, but i think she makes up for it

agreed, she'll do things to you the skinny ones would only dream about. honestly it was between a busa and an 1100xx, and the passenger seat sold my wife on the busa.:thumbsup:

Always wanted one but never thought I could afford one. Was shopping for a liter bike and found the Busa in the same price range. Couldnt paass up on the deal. 2007 with 4,000 miles, stretched, lowered, custom paint, other mods, and all maintenence records for $5,500!!

The good: Torque in all gears, High speed stability, Aftermarket parts availability, Street cred, Comfort both solo and 2 up, Styling, Stacked headlights (I hate bikes that have the hi/low beam next to each other)

The bad: I don't know if there are any....

I didn't choose the Busa .
I WAS CHOSEN to be one of the worldwide lucky BusaDrivers. It was a holy gift that drew me to it like a moth to a lightbulb. Only a certain blessed few can see it and have seen and been drawn to it. A special few we are chosen by the great Busa god in the sky......
'Come my children......ride me to the netherworld.....'

Really how it happened for me as i went to the dealer to see a Zx14 leftover 08 in that pretty blue they had then .
Walked in , guy says 'oh high I've been waiting for you, the Zx14 you want is right over here.' On the way over we passed a sexy female whom I and my wife :( would soon come to know as Blanca :)
Cost me about $2k more than the Zx14 but it didn't matter as it was love and first sight. She was sitting there fresh out of the crate exuding those new bike pheromones well known to hypnotize even the strongest of willed men !
He's sitting there telling me about the Zx14 and all I could think about was who's that 'other bike?' 'Whats her name ?' 'Is she single?' Usually I'm shy guy but I just couldn't stop myself from asking the salesman I was with if he could possibly introduce her and I ? He was a bit hesitant because he already knew only certain folks are allowed on these special creatures. I approached cautiously and slowly as i did not want to startle this wild creature. Awesome her wild powerful beauty she was. I was shaking and sweating by now as sexy women sometimes do to me. I slowly mounted this silent steed and whispered to her my name. Expecting to get bucked she allowed me to stay and grab her reins. I leaned over again on top of her and my bare rippled chest touched her smooth cool tank backside .
I shimmered , she shimmered and from that moment on we were one never to be apart again.
The rest is history as we have been 'happily ever after' since we first met :laugh:

This cheap love story has been brouht to you by Blanca Busa and Joan Wilder

I tell all my friends looking into getting on bikes the same thing...

Only two things matter when looking for a bike, Style and Comfort. The average rider won't notice the difference in performance from a R6 to 600 RR, or a GSX 1000 to a CBR 1000 on the street. So buy what you wanna see every morning and allows you to put it away ready for tomorrow every night.

Busa for me fits both those standards. Its so damned comfortable and well its sexy.. well i'm not a big fan of the Gen 2. I am not an amazing rider, i have never dragged my knee around a corner don't trick or really go more than 5 over the speed limit, but i do ride all year round ( in colorado) and this bike makes me want to ride all year round.

It took lots of research and i kindof fell into it. Getting my R6 stolen sucked ass but the Busa is one hell of a consolation prize.

Gpmo

I am no 1 Upper but i do like to stay ahead of the curve...Thats why i ride a Turbo Busa...Its very rare that i catch myself saying---"Yeah...You just might beat me on the strip"

I didn't choose the Busa .
I WAS CHOSEN to be one of the worldwide lucky BusaDrivers. It was a holy gift that drew me to it like a moth to a lightbulb. Only a certain blessed few can see it and have seen and been drawn to it. A special few we are chosen by the great Busa god in the sky......
'Come my children......ride me to the netherworld.....'

Really how it happened for me as i went to the dealer to see a Zx14 leftover 08 in that pretty blue they had then .
Walked in , guy says 'oh high I've been waiting for you, the Zx14 you want is right over here.' On the way over we passed a sexy female whom I and my wife :( would soon come to know as Blanca :)
Cost me about $2k more than the Zx14 but it didn't matter as it was love and first sight. She was sitting there fresh out of the crate exuding those new bike pheromones well known to hypnotize even the strongest of willed men !
He's sitting there telling me about the Zx14 and all I could think about was who's that 'other bike?' 'Whats her name ?' 'Is she single?' Usually I'm shy guy but I just couldn't stop myself from asking the salesman I was with if he could possibly introduce her and I ? He was a bit hesitant because he already knew only certain folks are allowed on these special creatures. I approached cautiously and slowly as i did not want to startle this wild creature. Awesome her wild powerful beauty she was. I was shaking and sweating by now as sexy women sometimes do to me. I slowly mounted this silent steed and whispered to her my name. Expecting to get bucked she allowed me to stay and grab her reins. I leaned over again on top of her and my bare rippled chest touched her smooth cool tank backside .
I shimmered , she shimmered and from that moment on we were one never to be apart again.
The rest is history as we have been 'happily ever after' since we first met :laugh:

This cheap love story has been brouht to you by Blanca Busa and Joan Wilder
I almost felt like looking the other way as I was reading that to give you and you're bike a little "privacy" :O :laugh:

I guess ultimately I jumped straight out the window on mine .. I had watched this Busa ride around my world since 2002 when it was bought new, and I always said to myself if I ever buy a bike thats the one I want .. Well after a few years it was sold from one friend to another good friend of mine, and just last year he approached me about buying it ... Being in the middle of a car build at the time I declined it, but after six months or so he asked me once again if I wanted it and without thinking about I said F#&^ it .. Bring it over .. If nothing else it will make a nice driveway ornament .. So after a little research it turns out the bike is the Midnight Falcon LE .. Perfect condition without a scratch on it .. 11,300 on the odometer .. And the rest is history ..

2010-05-13 14.10.37.jpg

Although I do not have it yet as it will be a 2011 busa. I chose the Busa because I saw one years ago parked outside a restaurant and instantly fell in love with the bike!!

Hmmmm, why did I (we) end up with a Busa?????? :thumbsup:

After 15 years of riding, 5 Ducati's, one major head-on collision (first year of riding), we thought it was time to make a change. I didn't think I would ever cross party lines but my brother has had such good luck with his Busa over the years & 30k mikes I couldn't resist.

So in my absense my awesome wife tracked down a left over white 09'. As soon as it delivers to the house and she gets me some pictures I'll post them. The mods will soon follow as parts are already being sourced as I type this.

Back