2000 VFR vs 2005 Busa

BusaSamurai

There Can Be Only One INSTIGATOR * * * *
Donating Member
Registered
Thinking about trading my 2000 vfr for the 2005 Limited Busa. Have had the vfr since dec 99 awesome bike .Getting traders butterflies just hoping that I will be happy with the busa . Never had a bike that rode as good as the VFR. And cant find anyone with a Busa to test ride .Feels pretty close to VFr at the dealer and love the looks . Do alot of distance riding and 2up .Any opions will be hepful thnx in advance.

I ride 2up with my wife I would say 40% of the time or better. As you know a lot of this depends on the passenger but I can honestly say I forget she is even there at times. The Busa has the power to overcome the additional weight and loses none of it's stability with the passenger. I can also say that we have done 450 mile days on the Busa and both been perfectly comfy at the end of the day. There are a lot of things you can do to the Busa as well to make it fit you the way you really want. Heli bar risers, buel pegs, tobin seats all will make it the bike of your dreams. Honestly, I can't even imagine another bike I would like to ride anymore...I have been Hayabusaized
smile.gif
And welcome to the board BTW.

Busa will not be as comfortable as the VFR (which is an excellent bike) but not far behind. You will NOT be disappointed and as for 2-up your busa won't even know she's there. I'm 280lb and I've ridden ladies as heavy as 150-160lb (In know closely exceeding the max wt), but no lie there was absolutely no difference in accelaration with the passenger. Once you ride one, you'll be sold. I still remember when I bought mine and the first ride I was a little nervous since I jumped from a 600. The busa handled better and smoother than my 600
tounge.gif
You will not be dissappointed and that 05' LE is my fav color by the way next to the 02' LE. Happy shopping.

Thanks for the reply just getting the trade in jetters the vfr has been a good bike and not seen many of them where i live in yellow so you kind of stand out. But the busa has been my dream for awhile now . Gonna make the trade this weekand. Just got that sentimental feeling but sure it will go away as soon as i put that New 478 pounds a pure excitment under me .

I've ridden both, and you're right, the ergos are very similar. I agree, the VFR is a dream to ride, but the Busa is right there with it in terms of overall comfort IMO. I think given that fact, you will love the increased torque and HP going from 800 to 1300cc. You might miss the unique V-twin power delivery and sound, but overall the pros outweigh the cons. I say do it!

Well seing how i got this started might as well ask I have to call this week and have pipes put on Getting them as a bonus as far as wife knows 8^) . Have the two bros on the viffer like the rumble . Any suggestions 2 pipes or 1 pipe?
rock.gif

Also talked to the dealer and He said that the honda reps have rumored that honda is cdoming out with a 1400 to replace the xx and try to compete with the busa but will more like the cbr 1000.

Akrapovic Evolution is the only choice
biggrin.gif
They have a very deep rumble....Sprecken Zie SEXY?
laugh.gif
If your just looking for sound go bolt ons 4-1 you are going to have to do a Power Comander as well. It is worth it though
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118629460 -->

DSCF1855_a.jpg

biggrin.gif

Can honestly say that the only thing I dont like about the busa is the rear turn signals there going to have to go.Will miss single sided swing arm . But other then that not the power. Have tried everything Power commander dropping teeth on sprocket the vfr your just not going to get but so much out of it . And always have been honda guy But vfr has a bad design as far as cooling fans and radiators go .If your in stop and go traffic in the summer dont sit for to long or your going to the boiling point.

You can chop the stock turn signals and mud flap and I would recomend you do that mod first.
smile.gif
There are several threads on the board showing how to do it. If you got the money I say go 4-1 right off the bat...you will probably decide to do it in time anyway. The stock exhaust weights 30 pounds and my Evolution weights 8.5 pounds.

I came off of a 99 VFR to a busa I loved my viffer thought about a black bird but didn't like the looks the busa's just what worked out great do a few mods and the egros will be about the same dead on like the bar risers and a seat and some pegs and a wind screen. granted i will say if honda did ever come out with a 1200 or bigger VFR i may just switch back or add it to the collection i don;t think you will be dissapointed at all

Yes the hardest thing is getting rid of my viffer.Has been a good bike its always ready to go , never talks back, and has yet to give me any problems . Except for the ocasional overheat. Kept hearing on the vfr web site that a 1000 was coming out . But Got tired of waiting and really cant see the blackbird over the busa If your gonna jump to the next level might as well go all the way to the top. Just dont understand why all these squids think that a cbr1000 or gsxr 1000 is better than the busa . When the keep arguing I challange them for a ride . I say lets ride from augusta georgia to daytona florida then when we get there lets see who can walk upright and in no pain. I guess they are the ones who trailer there bikes everywhere and then get on to ride 25 miles and call thereselves motorcycle riders. Nothing like a bike that you can ride comfortable all day long and still outrun everyone.

Back