Why did you choose the busa over other bikes?

I saw one at the track, guy rode 180 miles down from seattle ran 9.10's all day long and rode back to seattle.needless to say i was impressed as hell
bowdown.gif

I got out of street riding for a number of years (house, kids, wife, dog, work, etc.) - lots of *reasons*.  Got back into dirt riding first.  Soon felt the need to get back on the street.  My 17 year old son mentioned the Hayabusa (yes, my son is wise beyond his years
biggrin.gif
 ) so I started researching the 'Busa.  I found this site (best on the 'Net).  Since I had a number of Suzuki street bikes over the years I appreciated the power characteristics of their larger bikes (strong, reliable, linear, controllable power).  The 'Busa seemed to keep with my impression of the Suzuki characteristics (except, maybe it *added* to all of the categories).

I wanted a bike that I could take on a reasonably long cruise yet could still make my butt pucker when I twisted the throttle hard.  The 'Busa filled the bill.

Of course, the Hayabusa reputation didn't hurt either  .
smile.gif

I was trying to decide between an 07 and an 06.  Since I decided that waiting to see what the 07 would be like was not an option, I went with the 06 LE.  

I only have 329 miles on my new 06 LE (It isn't easy putting on *safe* miles during winter in New England).  
sad.gif

But, the more I ride the bike the more I like it.  Smooth, powerful (I am still breaking it in but it might have slightly drifted over the 4k rpm recommended break-in limit on occasion
wink.gif
 ) and it handles well (though, again, cold tires in cold weather on dirty roads with a new bike has kept me from anything resembling scraping the pegs).

I know I made the right decision.  It is a great bike.  (Plus the white LE matches the color of everything else I own (cars, dirt bike, house...)  
smile.gif

smile.gif

FOR ME IT WAS PERSONAL COMFORT. I WENT TO CYCLEWORLD SHOW IN LONG-BEACH ITS ONE STOP SHOPPING, I COULD CHECK OUT ALL THE BIKES AT ONE SPOT. THE BUSA JUST FIT ME BETTER IM 5.6 FEET THE ZX12 TOO TALL, BLACK-BIRD REACH TO THE BARS TOO LONG THE BUSA JUST FELT RIGHT. I DID TWO DAYS OF RECON THEN MADE MY DESISION ON THE BUSA WITH NO REGRETS. MY WIFE AND I TAKE THREE OR FOUR TRIPS A YEAR TOGETHER THE HELI-BARS AND ZERO GRAVITY ST WIND SCREEN MAKE THE BIKE PERFECT FOR US. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR NEW TOY!

Wanted a Honda Vfr 1000 but they would never make one so I bit the bullet and bought the fastest...

The best looking bike on the market , and i'm 100 percent agree about , if she had a 600cc engine inside i still would have gotten her but also being the fastest production bike made an extra motivation for me to get the bike .

ImageShack Links Do Not Work my baby
riding.gif

... btw , this board is one of the best bike forum on the planet and i'm sure many people got the bike when they see the friendship here .

Lots of things just fell into place that had me buy a Busa.

1) I look at the engineering in things and the form truely followed the function. It is like Indy Car or F1 technology for the masses.

2) Lust. It is just a sexy looking ride.

3) I am a big guy and the Busa fits!

4) I got such a great deal on mine. $9,800.00 !! I could finally afford it.

5) There was so much great information and parts support for this bike.

<!--EDIT|CPU Hacker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140657583 -->

Besides everything else has said (I can't add anything new), I bought my '06 because my wide said "I can't believe you're gonna buy THAT!!!" Of course she thought my Yamaha FZ1 was a "wrong" bike too. Now I just can't wait for good weather to ride my new baby and wave GOODBYE to the Mrs!!!!!

Back