Choosing the Busa over....

I went to the dealership to check out an M109. They had the busa on special basically giving them away. I realized that I still had the speed itch(other bike was a 88-zx-10.)
Glad I got the busa. A friend of mine got an M109 last year and let me ride his, I really made the right decision that day 2 years ago.

I got a busa because it was the best touring sport bike at $7000K. I didnt want a connie, and the new one was brand new last year. It will be a while before its in my price point. I also looked at the Futura, VFR, XX, Triumph ST. The busa was the bike that had the larger aftermarket support and was the easier one to sell if I didnt like it.

I didnt want the king of the hill bike. I dont ride this thing as it was designed. I dont even remember when I last went over 100 mph on it. BUT, at 70 mph, this thing disappears below me. The RPMs are at 3500-4000, no vibes and it quiet and comfy. Exactly what I wanted in a touring bike.

If I get bored of it, I can strech it, pimp it, drag it, or what ever else everone on this site does with it. Or, I can just sell it to the next squid that will do what ever people do with a busa.

take the plunge!

Was considering a kawasaki Z 1000. What I was looking for something with a rider friendly seating geometry. Fast, a little nimble, I am not Rossi so didn't need to nimble. Crossed out the street fighter class didn't like naked look to much. Left only 3 -- Blackbird, ZX-14 and Busa. Went to the dealer that sold and had all 3 and was out there in less than 20 minutes on a Busa.

IN 06 I wanted a Gixxer 1K, but no dealer around had any, and I wanted one NOW !!! So I went in, and looked at the ZX 10, and a CBR 1000 RR, I decided to go with the CBR. When I was in the office getting ready to do the paper work, salesman poked his head in, and said, "I can give you a BUSA LE (06) for the same price" ? Uhhhhhh okay !!!

It don't matter what bike you get, you're always going to want them all !!!

What were the other bikes of consideration when finally choosing the Busa as your ride?  Were you looking for a sport touring bike (FJR/Concours/VFR) or a true sport bike (any of the liter bikes)?

I'm putting it up against the FJR and Concours for my picks.  Why?  I figure I can do a few things to it to make it more comfy and have a little more emphasis on the "sport".  However, the other bikes I'm considering are not to shabby on the sport and already have the comfort built in - I'm confused and don't want to have any buyers remorse - HELP!
When I bought my busa my choices were pretty simple....I'm a tall guy and wanted a bike I could comfortably ride for more than an hour or 2....handled good, had room for a passenger, and needed to be faster than hell
laugh.gif
So my choices were a busa or ZX-12.
The busa isn't the most comfy for long rides...but its better than a liter. And it handles wayyyyy better than any sport-tourer you're gonna find. If you want ridiculously brutal acceleration, with huge low end, its a busa or 14. The busa handles a little better, but the 14's more comfy. Both of them will make an FJR or Concours feel slow in comparison.

If you're looking for big power and great handling with some comfort the busa or 14 is the ticket. If you want big comfort with decent power and handling get the FJR or Concours
winkold.gif

Back