Anyone switch from a fjr to a busa?

TangorFJR

Registered
Greets all,
Just found this board and have enjoyed the posts. Was curious if anyone had moved from a FJR to a Busa or have gone the other way
smile.gif

I have an '05 FJR with 24K on it and love it but one of the few bikes that still make me drool is the Busa. I know the performance difference is night and day between the two but was wondering how much different are the ergro's with risers? I'm pretty sure I'll be on a Busa one of these days and was curious how good they are for sport touring?

Thanks!

I have both an '87 FJ1200 and a busa with a riser. I don't know how the '87 compares to the '05, but I'll give my impressions.

The ergos are night and day. The FJ has a much more relaxed riding position. The busa puts more weight on the hands and the legroom is shorter. I swapped in TLR pegs on the busa to get a litte more room. I've had the busa since last Sept. and recently started commuting again on the FJ. It feels like a cruiser, and quite slow.

The busa is so much faster, it's quite dramatic. The busa now spends more time at the dragstrip where it's most happy.

Back