FJR 1300 modded??

Silent Shogun

Registered
So i was cruising craigslist (its an addiction) and i came across a Yamaha FJR 1300 a guy was selling. He listed it has 145 HP and 10.9 1/4 mile. Stock.

Anyways. i was wondering if anyone has ever seen a modded FJR with aftermarket pipes, maybe a PCIII, Airfilter combo at the least? Seems with just those mods you should be able to get up to 160 HP? I was curious has to how it would compare to the stock busa after that. I know the ergo's are completely different but how would it run?

FJR does get up and go but is no match for a busa. The FJR is much heavier at around 700 lbs wet. I had a 04 FJR with a leo vince pipes with a PC. One thing that was off is that it is only a 5 speed.

Last edited:
I had a FJ1200 Before my busa with every bolt on mod you could get. F'in thing was fast ! Great running bikes too. Never gave me a problem. I recomend it. :thumbsup:

I'm slowly turning my Busa into an FJR instead. Corbin bags are nowhere as big and practical as those on the FJR, but with bar risers, Buell footpegs, and a touring windscreen, the Busa is gonna make one heck of a sport tourer / commuter for me. :colgate:

Last edited:
Back