Choosing the Busa over....

Sako

Registered
What were the other bikes of consideration when finally choosing the Busa as your ride? Were you looking for a sport touring bike (FJR/Concours/VFR) or a true sport bike (any of the liter bikes)?

I'm putting it up against the FJR and Concours for my picks. Why? I figure I can do a few things to it to make it more comfy and have a little more emphasis on the "sport". However, the other bikes I'm considering are not to shabby on the sport and already have the comfort built in - I'm confused and don't want to have any buyers remorse - HELP!

I think that no matter how good the bike you buy is, there's always the wonder of "What if". I've always liked the Ducati Monster S4RS and sometimes think of how it would be with one.

Depends what kind of riding that you are going to do.Dont forget the st1300,bmw$,and for the king of confort Goldwing. I have done some long hauls on the busa and Have no complaints but I have also wander what it would belike on some think else.Remeber you can take the busa from the drag strip to the track and then go on a road trip.

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing like a 'Busa, and I mean that in a very positive way. I considered owning one since '99, and since pulling the trigger last year, there's NO turning back.

I also have a Kawasaki Concours-14. The C-14 is an amazing machine, but you can't compare it to a 'Busa because they don't belong in the same category. Each machine does what it was meant to do perfectly, and without equal.

You really need to evaluate the type of riding you will be doing, and what you really want, need, and ultimately expect from a motorcycle. Once you get over that decision making hurdle, the rest is all fun!

i've been in the same delima for the last couple of years, i road a 600 but wanted something more comfortable but still more on the sportbike side of things, i looked at the busa, the zx14, and bmw k1200s. busa was by far the best deal of the bunch. i picked up a used one off this board at a good price. not quite as comfy as the bmw but kicks its but in power and handling and is half the price almost. the 14 just didn't really appeal to me. i still have my 600 and love it. i wanted a bigger bike (physically not engine size) that i could take on the longer trips my 600 was beating me up on, i have both and ride both and love both.

a happy dugas i am
laugh.gif

I'd rode standards for years and always wanted a sport bike. Was actually looking at liter bikes (GSXR1000 in particular) when I went over and sat on a Busa. Man, it was sooo comfortable. I'm 50 yrs old and my back made the final decision, after 9 months and 5000 miles, I have no regrets.
ThumbsUp.gif

I was all into the FJR, but after a test ride, I was somewhat disappointed.
5 speed, still had heat issues at the time. It does have more travel options out there for it, but the Busa just does it all so well.
The Busa lets you be as civil as you want but still has more devil
firedevil.gif
in it than you can imagine. As stated above, from the drag to the track to the tour, the busa has it all.

Mine is set up with corbin hard bags, autocom, heated outlets, tank bag/bra and fully loaded it still sales down the drag strip
bowdown.gif

I love the naked bikes but i always wanted a Busa. I am so glad I made the move. I love my Busa. When I go to bike shows I still spend more time looking at the naked bikes.
cool.gif

What were the other bikes of consideration when finally choosing the Busa as your ride?  Were you looking for a sport touring bike (FJR/Concours/VFR) or a true sport bike (any of the liter bikes)?

I'm putting it up against the FJR and Concours for my picks.
The Busa has the reputation of an overgrown sportbike. it makes a great tourer but was not designed for it. The fjr and the C-14 are designed to be, and look like tourers. My neighbour has the fjr and it is a great bike. Riding wise they are similar 90% of the time. Lookwise, there is a big difference.

My pic, for sport or daytrips pick the busa, for long trips the fjr and c-14 are more comfortable setups.

What were the other bikes of consideration when finally choosing the Busa as your ride?  Were you looking for a sport touring bike (FJR/Concours/VFR) or a true sport bike (any of the liter bikes)?

The Busa has the reputation of an overgrown sportbike. it makes a great tourer but was not designed for it. The fjr and the C-14 are designed to be, and look like tourers. My neighbour has the fjr and it is a great bike. Riding wise they are similar 90% of the time. Lookwise, there is a big difference.

My pic, for sport or daytrips pick the busa, for long trips the fjr and c-14 are more comfortable setups.

Ummmm....errrr.....uhhhhh....... "There were other choices
rock.gif
?".......
super.gif

I bet you one of those bikes you're looking at makes you smile a little more when you look at it. Then you think about the other bikes and then try to evaluate their positive marks. I say go with the bike that always brings a smile to you everytime you look at it. That is the bike for you. FJR, Concours, Busa, not a slouch in the bunch.

The Busa was my Dream Bike. There was nothing else that I was seriously considering.

That said, there is not one perfect bike that does everything. The Busa doesn't go around a track like a GSX-R 1k and it doesn't tour like a Concourse. I looks like a wind-honed speed machine and has gobs of torque.

Back