Thinking about adding another bike !

NINJA KILLER

JUST CRUISN '
Donating Member
Registered
I went over to Advantage Powersports in Gladstone, Mo & got to test ride this 2012 Concours 14 . Any Thoughts about the Concours ?
Leaning towards picking it up to go with my 2012 Street Glide . The bike was really responsive for a sport tourer and handles real good . Got a chance to buy out the door @ $13,500 . It is loaded up with all that Kawi offers with the Concours :thumbsup:

15.jpg

Does it have power connections for your GPS, RADAR ??? Other than that not coming as standard equip, it's a GREAT BIKE ! I just HATE having to rewire electrical systems :banghead:

I recently purchased that very same bike. I wanted something to take long trips on this season so I sold my harley and purchased the black concours. All I can say is "If it had tits (ti-ts) I'd marry it"! The handling for a touring bike is remarkable. The only thing I noticed is the suspension is a bit stiff for a tourer. Great for cornering but it doesn't absorb the bumps like a Goldwing. I'm leaving next Friday for an annual five day trip with friends. This year it will be on the concours and the busa will remain garaged.

I think the Concours is the best bang for the buck cruiser on the market!

I recently purchased that very same bike. I wanted something to take long trips on this season so I sold my harley and purchased the black concours. All I can say is "If it had tits (ti-ts) I'd marry it"! The handling for a touring bike is remarkable. The only thing I noticed is the suspension is a bit stiff for a tourer. Great for cornering but it doesn't absorb the bumps like a Goldwing. I'm leaving next Friday for an annual five day trip with friends. This year it will be on the concours and the busa will remain garaged.

I think the Concours is the best bang for the buck cruiser on the market!
Thanks Tuf :thumbsup:

Does it have power connections for your GPS, RADAR ??? Other than that not coming as standard equip, it's a GREAT BIKE ! I just HATE having to rewire electrical systems :banghead:

It has a power outlet in the fairing , I think !

I want one BAD! I just looked at another one today :down:

I want the "rootbeer" colored 2012. The black looks good too, but I can't own another black bike. I hate scratches, and those saddlebags are gonna get scuffed like CRAZY with your boots. Look at them already they probably have marks just from the dealership.

GOOD LUCK, and let us know what you do, I'll have one soon.. :beerchug:

I want one BAD! I just looked at another one today :down:

I want the "rootbeer" colored 2012. The black looks good too, but I can't own another black bike. I hate scratches, and those saddlebags are gonna get scuffed like CRAZY with your boots. Look at them already they probably have marks just from the dealership.

GOOD LUCK, and let us know what you do, I'll have one soon.. :beerchug:

Something tells me if I get it then I will probably end up selling my Street Glide :laugh:

I rode one last year and it was a really nice bike. But if I go to a sport tour bike it will be a Yamaha FJR 1300.

i have heard the fjr's are bad ass. I use to work at a dealership and everyone asked about them but they were always sold before they ever come out of the factory. never got the chance to ride one so my opinion is worthless but being sold out that fast , they must be nice.

A friend of mine has a fjr, he loves it. Says it has tons of power and good handling. Not as good as his track only RVT, but it's the only street legal bike he has. I have never kicked the tires on either though.

One of my friends has both a Concours and FJR and he says he has a hard time choosing between the two. He says the concours has more grunt but the FJR has a more plush ride. He mounted ZX-14 forks and a Penski shock on his councours and now says he prefers the Concours.

I rode both of his and they both were great rides. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with either. The one thing both could use is Cruise Control. I bet the next upgrade will find a cruise control available for both.

kool.. thats what i thought that you said that a busa might not work ... but hey i like them concours too never riden one but like the thought of those over the fjr

Man if I purchase a tour bike I may never get back on my Busa. I dont know much about either bikes....and its probably a good thing. I can say that concours looks sweeeeeet! and very comfortable from the looks if it.

Maybe Tuf can weigh in on this but I have talked with a couple Connie owners and they said the seat sux?? 1st mod is a good touring seat. Both of them have Rick Mayers seats.

Both also said there is a ton of extra power easily unleashed with minor mods:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Back