Busa emblems

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
As i was looking at some 08' pics on the board and noticing different members in different countries i got to thinking. Why is the wording on all the bikes in english? I mean, if your in germany why isn't Hayabusa spelled in German and so forth? I know it's primarily a cost thing.

my guess would be because the word hayabusa has a meaning in japan for the fastest falcon? (or something like that) and since thats who makes the bikes then i guess the name stays?

Ahhh...the questions of life that we ponder at 2 a.m.
laugh.gif

Most bike names are used worldwide (either in english or not): Hayabusa, Fazer, FireBlade, Tuono, Ninja, Hurricane, Katana, Speed Tripe, Daytona, Raptor, Monster... The list goes on an on.

Sometimes the name is dropped in some countries due to having already been registered by other company, or due to being too aggressive for the company lawyers.

Like it or not, english is now Earth "Lingua Franca" (universal language), and japanese and italian monickers are fashionable.

In spanish we have the advantage that the pronunciation of "Hayabusa" is quite close to the japanese, while in english you need to be told how to pronounce it.
laugh.gif

Back