Whos got what genI or genII

newman

Registered
Being a new member of a month there seems to be a lot more genI owners compared to genII owners why is this, have you bought the genI from new and don't want a genII because you just love your genI or brought a used genI busa because of the cost of a genII new or used or spent a lot of money modding your genI and again love it. And I think I read that the 2010 busa is not being sold in America !!! why is this ?. I want a orange one but here in England they've only got white black or blue I don't know why they do different colours for different countrys. Thanks Dave.

Well I'm sure the gen I out numbers the gen II because the gen II has only been out for 2 years. I'm also a big fan of the orange and black once I saw it I knew it would be mine...

bus.jpg

Last edited:
First Gen and lovin' it. Gen2 wasn't out yet when I was shopping around and can't wait to have one. Sorry, I can't help it.:laugh: Here she is. Almost 2 years and 8 months old.
4520721519_0381767fc8_b.jpg

4520723629_5ac1264468_b.jpg

4520730485_8fa7b0eb8b_b.jpg

Older pic. Almost 65,000 miles as of today.
4520716925_9b75c5060e_b.jpg

Last edited:
like mentioned above, the gen1 has been around a while whereas the gen2 just a few years. no 2010's available to the states due to overstock from what i have read with the exception of hawaii. i had a gen1 and loved the bike but the gen 2 orange/black starting growing on me until it became a Must Have!

20090818_12.jpg

I have a 05 Gen 1 That I have Kept for the following reasons
A: It is Paid For
busa.jpg

B: I have made a few Modifications
turbo2.jpg

plenum.jpg

Oh and I have added its Ugly Younger Cousin to keep it company
012.jpg

Oh worth repeating for me (So I don't go buy something else)
They are paid for!

I have owned quite a few bikes. But this is my first Busa. I have ridden many Gen I busa's. The Gen II is far superior.

BUSA10-2.jpg

Last edited:
bought her new, she's paid for, modded her to make her like i want her (still working on that :laugh:), hate the Gen II tails! :beerchug:

IMG_4844 (Large).jpg

Gen II here, prefered the cleaner lines and love the new tail!

h2.jpg

Last edited:
I think it comes down to exactly what you said. The board has been around since the start of the Gen1 era. Gen 1 have been around much longer and people on a budget may look at a used Gen1 over the costs of a new Gen2. Either way it's one BIG Busa family. :cheerleader:

To my eyes the Gen I is a classic. The Gen II may be more advanced but the styling is diluted to my eyes. But a busa is a great bike, regardless of year.

i have owned a Gen 1 and loved the hell out it. After that got stolen i picked up and Gen 11. Yes it is a enhanced ride in almost every aspect, but the Gen 1 is still a classic and superior bike to most that are out there. Either way you go Gen 1 or 11 you will not be dissapointed. :thumbsup:

Gen 1 because I have loved it since it hit the showroom floors in 1999. Can't bring myself to love the tail section on the Gen 2 so if they change that on the Gen 3 (and make it 200+ hp) maybe I'll buy one of those to replace my 05 black/grey. It's the best toy I have ever had!:thumbsup:

I got the Gen 1 because it was cheaper an the tail section looked nicer :poke: :laugh:

If they change the tail section i would like a new one :thumbsup:

Back