Gold Tank Emblems?

danath 34

Registered
So I was planning on having my levers and pegs (and other misc items) powdercoated gold to match my 08's rims, and would really like to do the tank emblems to match. however, I kinda doubt one could powder coat the tank emblem, as it is plastic, isnt it? So would anyone know if theres any place one could find suzuki tank emblems in gold to match?

Also where do you guys get the GSXR1340 stickers? Might stick those on too.

I know, sometimes hard to find the gel raised suzuki S's in certain colors. I just go with a 2" vinyl S, red bike I think is a 2 1/2" and it goes good as a replacement. And you can get any color you want then. Or some even do the whole word Suzuki, but i only thought it looked right on the theme style bikes like the "Corona" and I though it would have made the tank look sorta empty with just a single S. And the last pics is a Red Gel S on a GSXR750 I got from someone in NC I believe off e-bay and it fit as a direct overlay over the original, but I can't remember all the colors he had. But anyhow that's just my .02
Good Luck

DSCN6254.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN9467.jpg

DSCN5661 (2).jpg

DSCN5298.jpg

Ooh thanks for the link. So it is a raised up S, not just a flat sticker? That sounds pretty good. I think I'll send him an email to see if he can do gold ones. Thanks!

Anyone else know about the 1340 stickers, maybe?

The only one of those that is a gel domed is the red one on the blue tank, the rest are just flat regular vinyl.

As for the 1340 decals there are a couple different people if you look around e-bay. Here's a link for 1 that has a few different colors I believe. I don't see any gold though. But you can ask , also as far as mine I could only find them with black 1340 and all the R's were red. So I had to end up cutting my own R in black because the red just blended right in on the orange tail since it is no longer black.

1340 OR 1300 R Decals Pair Hayabusa GSXR Silver Red | eBay

DSCN6292.jpg

DSCN6211.jpg

awesome thanks for the link again.

I contacted the seller of the tank emblems, and he said that he can do gold! :beerchug: :thumbsup:

So as soon as I get these in and installed, I'll post up pics.

Back