Adding gold touches

ta-kid

Registered
With my blue/gold K8 I was thinking of adding some more gold highlites,but since I have pushed my budjet for now,I was thinking of repainting the silver pieces such as the foot peg brackets and passenge ones also.I was even tinking of doing the levers.But my plan was to use EASTWOOD Gold Cadium paint which I have used with great success on my Car restoration projects such as the brake boosters etc...
Anybody tried this before as I am wondering what type of paint is on the passenger footpeg supports.It apears the front peg brackets are just a polished or anodized alloy.The gold Cadium is almost a perfect match to the wheels so I think its worth a shot.I am not cheap,just frugal.

It might wear off on the brake and clutch levers over time.But most parts should be fine with proper prep and light coats applied.I wil post pics once I have done some of the parts.

Well here is some pics before and after.Undecided on the passenger foot peg brackets.Thinking black over the rear brackets versus gold as it might lok too tacky in gold.Any thoughts?

DSCF0380.jpg

DSCF0373.jpg

DSCF0379.jpg

Last edited:
I have a blue/black/gold 08 too. I think all blacked out all of the pegs would look nicer. The gold looks tacky and the silver looks like they got cheap on the bike when they built it. Black for me would be the way to go! Just my opinion!

Well I never was one for the all Black look as I come from an old generation were chrome was in and the Bandit drove a black and gold T/A.Hence my call name and my over 50 age.LOL But I agree that gloss black is proably the way to go on the Passenger set as here is other gloss black to balance out on the bottom of the fairings.Proably only other gold i will add wil be bolt heads and fastners.
I agree powder coating is the better way to go but for now i will go the cheap root and maybe upgrade later to PC if wear and tear becomes an issue.

Oh dont get me wrong ta! I like the black and gold look of even the bandit TA. Even the gold and black zx-12r to me looked good. Just on our 08 blue it is much harder to make it look better then it does with the gold parts!

With my blue/gold K8 I was thinking of adding some more gold highlites,but since I have pushed my budjet for now,I was thinking of repainting the silver pieces such as the foot peg brackets and passenge ones also.I was even tinking of doing the levers.But my plan was to use EASTWOOD Gold Cadium paint which I have used with great success on my Car restoration projects such as the brake boosters etc...
Anybody tried this before as I am wondering what type of paint is on the passenger footpeg supports.It apears the front peg brackets are just a polished or anodized alloy.The gold Cadium is almost a perfect match to the wheels so I think its worth a shot.I am not cheap,just frugal.

This is an interesting post for me. As I have been contemplating what color to order my rear-sets in! You actually brought to light the fact any color you choose for the main pegs/ankle guard will require you to match or powder coat the rears the same color or another muted look (ex. Black). Otherwise to me...with them being so close in proximity...it doesn't look right.
I applaud your effort and hope to see the finished product when you done.

Back