Power coating Can this be done?

mr8ball

Registered
Powder coating Can this be done?

I went to the place and talked with them about doing some powder coating for me on my bike. I want to get my levers and rear sets done. The levers I want in gold but the rear sets I wanted them blue with some gold strips in them. They said they could not do that. Anyone know if it can be done? If so where can I send them? Below is a pic if anyone has photoshop and would like to plat around with the colors I was talking about. Thanks in advance

IMG00243-20110622-1509.jpg

at least you got the fastest color:thumbsup: i plan on getting mine done too, plus the wheels powder coated black this winter. that exhaust looks good brother.

Thanks, I like my wheels. I have seen some with the black and its just not for me. Pretty soon all the gold wheels will be gone and I will have the last ones :laugh: I think If I change my wheels I would just buy some that way I can always go back. That exhaust has been on my bike since late 07 and still looks great. If you ever get down this way give me a shout and we can ride some if you like.

Travis at TM powdercoating is a sponsor here. He can do it and get it back to you quick and perfect.
Click the sponsor link above and send him a pm.

His color matches so good it looks factory. Couldn't be happier with it..
PC1.JPG

I just sent him a PM and I hope to here something soon. Thanks for all the quick reply's

he's been working just about around the clock lately...let me know if he doesn't get back to you within a couple days as i'll see him next week and can show him this thread :beerchug:

Powder coating is usually done as a solid color, if you want the gold strips put on the rear sets I'd suggest a high quality paint..maybe go see a pinstriper for that.

Powder coating is usually done as a solid color, if you want the gold strips put on the rear sets I'd suggest a high quality paint..maybe go see a pinstriper for that.

Powder coating can be done in multi colors but its very time consuming and a pain in the ass. The stripe work is usually done using high temp masking.
Yes, it can be done I have done multis with powder.

yeah i go riding all the time around the state. we'll have to make a planned ride before the riding season is over. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I like my wheels. I have seen some with the black and its just not for me. Pretty soon all the gold wheels will be gone and I will have the last ones :laugh: I think If I change my wheels I would just buy some that way I can always go back. That exhaust has been on my bike since late 07 and still looks great. If you ever get down this way give me a shout and we can ride some if you like.

I got the PM from him and I am sure he can do this for me. Now I do not have photo shop on my Macbook so can someone help me out on this? I am not hard to plaese. I would like to have the rear sets blue to match the bike with some striping to match the Hayabusa emblem on the front. There is a pic of my bike in this thread but I cam send more if needed I just need an email to send them to. Thanks again for all the help

Back