More Gold on the Blue/Black?

danath 34

Registered
I have a blue/black model, and like the gold Kanji and rims. However, there isnt all that much gold other than those two. I have been thinking of gold plating misc things such as all the levers, the foot pegs, passenger foot pegs and brackets, gas cap, etc. Anyone do something like this? Any pics? Any estimate of cost for gold plating?

I have a blue/black model, and like the gold Kanji and rims. However, there isnt all that much gold other than those two. I have been thinking of gold plating misc things such as all the levers, the foot pegs, passenger foot pegs and brackets, gas cap, etc. Anyone do something like this? Any pics? Any estimate of cost for gold plating?
???

I assume your not talking about real gold right?? Anodizing might be a good alternative or maybe a gold paint or check powder coating. Out of all of those I would guess that anodizing would cost the most, but it could be the cheapest i have never had it done to anything.

Check these out...pictures DO NOT do these screens justice! They are an almost perfect color match to the gold factory Kanji. This guy does any color powder coating but put a mix together to create a color match for the gold. He also listed other items he would powdercoat (grab bar, triple tree, rearset, passenger pegs, etc...) Hit up Vic_E55_2001 for more info and see the thread below:

Upgrade system login | XenForo

DSC04719.JPG

DSC04716.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, that thread is actually where I got the idea in the first place, but forgot where I saw it lol! I will send him a pm.

They look really good...but I did spend a little more time fine tuning the bends. In Vic's defense tho...these things are a pain to bend (and that after he's done the hard part!)...he should charge more for doing the prebend in the first place. I give him credit for the effort he must be putting in to get them as close as he does. If I had to do over...I would do again. :thumbsup:

Back