Maybe I am just to picky.....

I think deleteing this thread is NOT a good idea. There is a couple of issues here that people should be aware of.
1- Motor Psycho Grafix is offering to make this right.
2- Motor Psycho Grafix Hayabusa Kanji set will NOT OVERLAY OEM graphics.

I re-did my Kanji on my 2005 with Tapeworks graphics. I know the difference from the left side and the right side. Made the mistake my first time.

I believe the issue is Motor Psycho Grafix did NOT claim their product would OVERLAY the OEM kanji graphics. If their product is used on a blank fairing, either side will work and you would not know the difference. I know this from my first mistake of putting the wrong side to overlay the OEM on my bike. All was going perfect until trying to overlay the word Hayabusa. It hits the long tail of the kanji at a difference spot in the word, BUT either graphic as a whole if NOT OVERLAYED will fit either side and look just fine.

So i see it as two things going wrong here. I went and looked at Motor Psycho Grafix Ebay offering. The seller does not make reference to the fact that his Kanji Set will not OVERLAY the OEM graphics either due to him NOT knowing this or as a deliberate oversite. He also didn't say that it would. I did not see anywhere that you asked the seller if their graphic set Would indeed overlay the OEM. Wrong number 2 is the buyer assumed it would.

I hope both seller and buyer take note and adjust accordingly.

You are right I did not ask because I also didn't notice the difference which is also why I understood how easily it could be overlooked when shipping this item. The problem came with the reply which made me assume they knew about it when they stated this is how they are made we do not offer a left and a right.
Deleting is not a good idea yet because they are offering to make it right and I am not trying to put them out of business or hurt the business, and proof of them making it right is great for the business. Also, I was planning on posting a walk through including pics of the process of changing the emblems to chrome before this, and I still plan on doing that if I get the left side. Which is another thing that could possible give him business :thumbsup:
All the other emblems do overlay the factory its just the left side Kanji which he has said he would try and fix.

Last edited:
still say Motor Psycho Grafix needs to make clear in their description that their Hayabusa Graphics for 99-07 WILL NOT OVERLAY the OEM kanji. Or fix their product.

Go to you local vinyl sign shop, they can print out anything you want with numerous options, and they don'y cost an arm and a leg.

yes agreed you should leave thread here and up.

1. Maker has offered to correct it and it should be noted further down if he did.
2. Maker should have op to post he has made if he decides to changes to stickers so they are right by all.
3. Kv needs to be able to finish the job and let us and others know for future use if things work out WITH PICS.

JMO

Hello,

I have totally redesigned the graphic. You will require both sides. I have attached a jpeg. They will ship on Tuesday, today there is no Postal service.

Please note: that these graphics still are not intended to be placed over the top of an existing stock graphic. The stock graphics will remove easily with low heat from a hand held hair dryer, and clean up with isopropyl alcohol.

I will send a feed back revision request for the negative on Ebay. Once you have received the new Graphics please revise if you will. I would appreciate it .

Your new graphics will ship in the Morning.

Thank You
Randy
M.P.G.
616-638-1757

work.jpg

On the first generation kanji there is no reason to overlay a new graphic on top of the stock graphic, when the stock graphic can be easily removed. If you were going to purchase a new stock OEM graphic for your bike on a 99-07 you wouldn't overlay the new stock graphic over the top of the old one would you ??? That doesnt make any sense to me, unless I suppose it was a limited, but that is not the case here. I guess I just never considered laying a new custom graphic over the top of an old stock one ???? Makes no sense to me.

I have done my best to resolve the issue and am sending new graphics. We are working on clarifying our listings to state that the new custom graphics do not go on top of the old stock ones.

Thank you very much for resolving this issue. As soon as I recieve them I will put in a request to have this thread deleted and I will post up the whole process of removing my emblems and putting yours on while giving reference to your company, but I will tell them to specify for the left and right side. I will send you a picture of my bike when finished if you would like to have a final picture to post with your auction so people will know how it looks finished before they buy. Thank you again:beerchug:

On the first generation kanji there is no reason to overlay a new graphic on top of the stock graphic, when the stock graphic can be easily removed. If you were going to purchase a new stock OEM graphic for your bike on a 99-07 you wouldn't overlay the new stock graphic over the top of the old one would you ??? That doesnt make any sense to me, unless I suppose it was a limited, but that is not the case here. I guess I just never considered laying a new custom graphic over the top of an old stock one ???? Makes no sense to me.

I have done my best to resolve the issue and am sending new graphics. We are working on clarifying our listings to state that the new custom graphics do not go on top of the old stock ones.

I was not planning on using them as an overlay, before I started taking my emblems off I compared to make sure they were all going to be the same. Thats when I notice the difference

Nothing wrong with being picky on the way things look when they are on your bike. Having a good looking bike in my eyes shows that you have pride in the way your things look. :thumbsup:

One last word. Not intended to be placed on top of existing stock graphic..yes..... But, sloppy or not a great looking custom graphic ??? I dont think so ............

purple.jpg

diamond plate red.jpg

s twilite red.jpg

kanji 08 carbon.jpg

kanji 08 standard chrome red.jpg

One last word. Not intended to be placed on top of existing stock graphic..yes..... But, sloppy or not a great looking custom graphic ??? I dont think so ............

I never meant the emblems were sloppy or of low quality. I meant if I were to put them on my bike with out taking into consideration how Suzuki made a left and right so everything would flow evenly from side to side I would be doing a sloppy job on my bike. I have yet to fail when it comes to quality of my workman ship on my motorcycle and I was not going to start by putting a right side emblem on the left side. Sorry for that misunderstanding, the emblems look great and the chrome is a spot on perfect match with the wheels and engine. Thats why I was going to go through the trouble of making a thread showing the process and give you a little more business by recommending your company, but when you said, "thats how they are made they will work" it irritated me to get something that looked so good but wouldn't be the whole kit

I understand HotDog...but I wasn't referring to only your comments.
Your graphics just shipped, they may be there tomorrow, if not on Thursday. I sent a complete set, not just the new kanji.
Thanks
Randy
M.P.G.
616-638-1757

Ok, thank you and I will send the 1st set back as soon as it arrives. Not to seem more annoying but do you happen to have a tracking number, my puppy likes to chew up packages that come in the mail and it would suck after all of this to have a dog chew them up

I understand HotDog...but I wasn't referring to only your comments.
Your graphics just shipped, they may be there tomorrow, if not on Thursday. I sent a complete set, not just the new kanji.
Thanks
Randy
M.P.G.
616-638-1757
Glad you took the time to sign up and post, and you cleared this matter up. You are to be commended in my book.:beerchug:

You guys got me thinking so I took some pics.
Factory 2009 right and left side.....

Hayabusa doesnt match up or start in same places...
So..........:whistle: where does that leave us.....???

kanjis 001.JPG

kanjis 004.JPG

You guys got me thinking so I took some pics.
Factory 2009 right and left side.....

Hayabusa doesnt match up or start in same places...
So..........:whistle: where does that leave us.....???

The carbon and chrome in the pics above match up with your left side I am sure he is able to make the right side match too :beerchug:

My point was there is no reason to overlay a 1st generation graphic. The way we offered it worked well on all 1st generation. We have adjusted the word hayabusa on the 1st gen , but it's still not intended to overlay...why ?? ...when the stock graphic can be easily removed....

Hot Dog your tracking :

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1288 8230 0017 7920 27
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmationâ„¢

We also include "1340" and "1300" in our sets along with several colored helmet kanji samples, for $39.90...............unbeatable price and quality

left.jpg

right.jpg

left and right.jpg

Back