Maybe I am just to picky.....

KvHotDog4

Registered
I finally found what I thought looked like a great Ebay item, Chrome emblems I have wanted them forever and now I have finally found them! Ok, so they come in, all excited I get to work take off all of my plastics because I am a little picky about the big girl and I want to get everything right, so I know it would be easier to work with the plastic laid out on a table. While I am comparing the new emblems everything is matching perfectly until I get to the left side Kanji I just can't seem to get it to line up so I try positioning it in different ways then think well maybe there is a left and a right so I get the other Kanji emblem still doesn't fit. Then I compare everything and I found out the factory emblems have a left and right and I was sent two right side emblems. Its a little set back but I am a understanding person its a simple human error I was just sent two right instead of a left and a right, no problem just contact the company its a simple fix, I was willing to pay for the shipping to send the correct side.
So I send them this e-mail:

To: jenwalwood616@hotmail.com
Subject: Hayabusa chrome emblems Ebay
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:03:28 -0600

I recently purchased a set of Hayabusa chrome emblems on Ebay from you (item number 320227540933). After receiving and comparing to my bike I have noticed you have sent me two right side Kanji emblems instead of a right and a left. They are not interchangeable due to the position of Hayabusa in the middle of the Kanji and the angle of the bottom slash, if the right is put on the left the H would be about 1/2 inch from the front of the bike the factory is about 2 inches from the front. The comparison is in the last two pictures. I have the chrome taped to match the top portion of the emblem all angles on the top portion are correct, my thumb is on the edge of the front of the bike to show the difference in distance. I have attached more pictures showing the difference. The right side and all other emblem sent match perfect. Thank you in advance for resolving this issue.
Thank you,
Kevin

All is good right? Nothing negative and completely understanding for a simple mistake.

This is the reply e-mail:

To: kev.reed86@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Hayabusa chrome emblems Ebay
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:57:55 -0500

Hello,

This is how we sell them . The word hayabusa works on both sides. We do not offer a left and a right. We do not sell factory decals. We have an after market graphic that we manufacture ourselves, and we list them exactly as we sell them. I have sold nearly a thousand sets this way and the graphics fit on the bike just fine on either side.

If you do not want the graphics you are welcome to return them and we will give you a full refund including your original shipping. That is all I can do I guess.

Feel free to contact me with further questions.

Thank You
Randy
M.P.G.
616-638-1757

Maybe I am too picky but I think this is bad business so this is my reply to that:

This is how you sell them!!! Can you not see in the pictures where they do not line up, and how different they are. If you manufacture them yourself then is should be very simple to just make a left and a right. It is bad and lazy business to sell the wrong part and say it will work, just put it on. I guess I just take to pride in my work and what I do because I would never purposely sell someone the wrong part and just hope they didn't notice. You will be getting a negative feedback like you have never had, also I have NEVER had to give a negative on Ebay. I know you offered a refund and thank you for that, but the negative is to try and keep someone else from buying your product that you falsely say is going to fit in hopes they just won't notice.

This has been my first and only bad Ebay experience. It is businesses like yours that give Ebay a bad reputation.

Maybe I am picky but I paid to much for my bike to put something on it that will make it look sloppy and thrown together. Here are the pictures I sent them so they would know what I am talking about without questions.

IMGP2606.jpg

IMGP2607.jpg

IMGP2608.jpg

IMGP2611.jpg

IMGP2612.jpg

IMGP2613.jpg

IMGP2614.jpg

Get your refund from them and go with Tapeworks.com. They have plenty of different colors and should be able to get you whatever you want. It's better to call them and let them know exactly what you are wanting though.

You are very picky, no doubt there:whistle:
If they were selling these as OE replica, you are correct, the didnt send you a quality item. I never noticed that large differense before now. Lookin sloppy? I dont think so, but its your bike, your choice.:rulez:

Reason why tapeworks is still around, is the time they take to make them right. Get what you pay for. Ebay has basically been ruined for me for some years because of all the bad experiences.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is what I get for being cheap, I guess sometimes its better to go ahead and pay more and get the better product rather than hoping and counting on what someone says to be true.:poke:

The Graphics fit fine on either side of the Busa. We do not advertise them any other way than the way we sell them. The Ebay listing shows the pictures of the item with all of the graphics included. The Graphics fit fine on either side with this set. With hundreds of sets sold for the first generation, only one person has made a complaint, .........Mr Reed.....

I also am a Busa owner, 2 tone silver 2002. I understand that's a dinosaur by today's standards, but the point is that I understand how someone can be particular. I tried to stay professional with Mr. Reed and offer him a full refund including shipping, but he rather keep the item and try to slander our name and reputation all over the net. Not necessary, and not too cool.......

We will stand behind our products 100%. We accept custom jobs and offer the highest quality films available anywhere on the planet, Anywhere !

Our second generation 08-10 Busa sets do offer the off set "hayabusa" on the kanji to distinguish a left and a right. Our 99-07 set are the same on both sides. We will look into changing that if it will please our customers, but I have only had one complaint.!! ......... In the meantime let it be known, that we offered Mr Reed his money back including shipping on an AWESOME set of graphics that would look good on any Busa For $39.00.....Crazy...........$39.00........Best films available ANYWHERE, and professional service with a money back guarantee !! I honestly do not know what more I can do. If you have a suggestions for me the will be welcomed.

Thanks
Randy
M.P.G.
616-638-1757

SHOULD HAVE HIRED KML TO MAKE A YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR YOU !
:rofl:

But yes the old saying is true and you probably did not pay same for those as tapeworks kit. Get what you pay for unfortunately . Be honest but not happy in feedback .

You can send them to Ken/KML and let him make a nice video for you and then he can mail them back afterward. You will probably receive a new Hayabusa in the mail after it posts on Youtube !

Your bike , your money , no such thing as picky when creating masterpieces !
Sorry it did not work out. Your right no biggie though . Don't see really any slander just an unhappy customer . People have a right to disagree and not be happy and others have a right to stand behind their product . Just part ways and move on . Won't hurt either of the parties to do so .

Last edited:
The Graphics fit fine on either side of the Busa. We do not advertise them any other way than the way we sell them. The Ebay listing shows the pictures of the item with all of the graphics included. The Graphics fit fine on either side with this set. With hundreds of sets sold for the first generation, only one person has made a complaint, .........Mr Reed.....

I also am a Busa owner, 2 tone silver 2002. I understand that's a dinosaur by today's standards, but the point is that I understand how someone can be particular. I tried to stay professional with Mr. Reed and offer him a full refund including shipping, but he rather keep the item and try to slander our name and reputation all over the net. Not necessary, and not too cool.......

We will stand behind our products 100%. We accept custom jobs and offer the highest quality films available anywhere on the planet, Anywhere !

Our second generation 08-10 Busa sets do offer the off set "hayabusa" on the kanji to distinguish a left and a right. Our 99-07 set are the same on both sides. We will look into changing that if it will please our customers, but I have only had one complaint.!! ......... In the meantime let it be known, that we offered Mr Reed his money back including shipping on an AWESOME set of graphics that would look good on any Busa For $39.00.....Crazy...........$39.00........Best films available ANYWHERE, and professional service with a money back guarantee !! I honestly do not know what more I can do. If you have a suggestions for me the will be welcomed.

Thanks
Randy
M.P.G.
616-638-1757

As you can see in the e-mail that I posted above I thanked him for the refund and when I was posting the feedback on Ebay I gave 5 stars on the shipping and communication from this company. I made it clear to him the reason for the Negative was to make people aware of the the difference of left and right that is on the bike and what they are buying is not taking that into consideration and just hoping you will not notice. You can keep saying they will fit either side but all anyone will have to do is scroll up and look at the pictures. Yes they will fit but you will have to cut the bottom slash and just deal with the Hayabusa being in the wrong spot. If his aution would have stated he only sells right side and not left then we would not have this problem and it would be my fault, however, that is not the case. The listing said: "Hayabusa Graphic Set,Full Fairing KANJI, Chrome w/ red" now I don't know about you or anyone else but when I read hayabusa graphic SET I would assume that included the left side. Like I stated before I should not have opted for the cheaper price and went ahead paid more for a better product. Also, you say hundreds of these sets sold well thanks to the new Ebay you can see the history of how many of an item that has been sold the correct number 21 thats not even close to hundreds as you stated, however, a false ad should bring upon a false claim to have sold so many

Last edited:
SHOULD HAVE HIRED KML TO MAKE A YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR YOU !
:rofl:

But yes the old saying is true and you probably did not pay same for those as tapeworks kit. Get what you pay for unfortunately . Be honest but not happy in feedback .

You can send them to Ken/KML and let him make a nice video for you and then he can mail them back afterward. You will probably receive a new Hayabusa in the mail after it posts on Youtube !

Your bike , your money , no such thing as picky when creating masterpieces !
Sorry it did not work out. Your right no biggie though . Don't see really any slander just an unhappy customer . People have a right to disagree and not be happy and others have a right to stand behind their product . Just part ways and move on . Won't hurt either of the parties to do so .

I also am a member of youtube and I am working on the video :laugh: I just hate lazy people and when a company is run on laziness it just irritates me :banghead::banghead::banghead: To bad stupidity doesn't hurt

Just be honest and careful in the video should you decide to do one.
Lawyers will get involved in anything these days !

Just be honest and careful in the video should you decide to do one.
Lawyers will get involved in anything these days !

That is true, also I am to nice, the video will probably never make it to youtube. My complaints will start and end here just venting, and making my fellow orgster aware of this difference and is something that should be looked at before making a purchase

Being a fellow Vol I know we can sometimes get a little heated.
This time next week will be you know what.....?
A diff week ! Don't sweat it

Black Sheep your killing us mobile surfers with that chart !
Makes all else microscopic on the page !!!!!!
Thanks Buddy !
:thumbsup:

Hey, Look , I dont want any trouble. How about if I try to offset the graphic for you and send that side ? Will that work? because I really dont want any trouble.
Give me a call or email and I will work on the piece for you,,,Ok?

Thanks
Randy
M.P.G.
616-638-1757

Seems to me Randy is doing all he can to make it right. Why don't you two bury the hatchett and get it done......and then be done! ???

Hey, Look , I dont want any trouble. How about if I try to offset the graphic for you and send that side ? Will that work? because I really dont want any trouble.
Give me a call or email and I will work on the piece for you,,,Ok?

Thanks
Randy
M.P.G.
616-638-1757

That will be perfect, This thread will be deleted (If I am able) and the Thread on Busa Nation will be deleted and I will post a new one just saying the difference in the emblems so my friends will know what to look for when purchasing some for there bikes, also, I have seen before where we can both agree to drop the negative feedback. Thank you, Please let me know when the new one is on its way, I will ship the extra right side back to you when I have recieved the left.

I re-did my Kanji on my 2005 with Tapeworks graphics. I know the difference from the left side and the right side. Made the mistake my first time.

I believe the issue is Motor Psycho Grafix did NOT claim their product would OVERLAY the OEM kanji graphics. If their product is used on a blank fairing, either side will work and you would not know the difference. I know this from my first mistake of putting the wrong side to overlay the OEM on my bike. All was going perfect until trying to overlay the word Hayabusa. It hits the long tail of the kanji at a difference spot in the word, BUT either graphic as a whole if NOT OVERLAYED will fit either side and look just fine.

So i see it as two things going wrong here. I went and looked at Motor Psycho Grafix Ebay offering. The seller does not make reference to the fact that his Kanji Set will not OVERLAY the OEM graphics either due to him NOT knowing this or as a deliberate oversite. He also didn't say that it would. I did not see anywhere that you asked the seller if their graphic set Would indeed overlay the OEM. Wrong number 2 is the buyer assumed it would.

I hope both seller and buyer take note and adjust accordingly.

Back