i am just tired of it.. some are just rude..

My view on Diversity is you can bring all the good stuff (food) from whatever shthole you came from, but leave all the bad stuff behind, especially the stuff that made your heritage homeland a shthole in the first place. Remember, there is a reason you or your forefathers came here, the place they came from sucked so bad they had to escape. Some cultures pick up English in half a generation sometimes it takes a full generation, but all eventually become just like a native within one full generation, rare exception is small ghetto communities where it might take two. We integrate (indoctrinate) people from all over the world better than anywhere else, by far. The people that hang onto their language without learning English pay for it economically, this is the best motivator to get with the program, when organizations and governments encourage groups to not learn the common language they are hurting the people they are trying to "help". To those that get pissed try helping the foreigners speakeda englaise, you might learn something about a different culture and appreciate our culture more.

Do you really think everyone else coming to this country left their country because they lived in a shthole? and "leave the bad stuff behind"?? Last I heard, America is a mix of many countries, and when did being bilingual become "bad stuff"? Many of the most successful people in our country are diverse, and many are bi/multilingual.

When I go oversees, or to South America, I speak whatever language I want to speak and no one (not some local prejudice, paranoid, crybaby) is going to tell me otherwise. My guess is when most of our Org members go to other countries, regardless if they are multilingual, they are going to speak whichever language works best for them at that particular time (negotiating a deal, talking to family members/friends, etc.).

Yes I know that to be the case, I spend most of my life outside the US and have done so since 17 years old, the demographic of the immigrants we have at any given time in our history was because the sending countries were shtholes, corruption, starvation, genocide, war etc etc. Americans are Americans, the UN is a mix of many countries, see how that works don't ya. If you read my post you will see I agree you can speak what ever language you want, I don't think anyone here is saying different. Diversity is just a fact it is not a goal to be achieved, the market will impose diversity.

I do same with language while overseas, however, 99.9 percent of the business I do is conducted in English. I can manage in German and Spanish if need be but not really good enough when it comes to legal documents.

Do you really think everyone else coming to this country left their country because they lived in a shthole? and "leave the bad stuff behind"?? Last I heard, America is a mix of many countries, and when did being bilingual become "bad stuff"? Many of the most successful people in our country are diverse, and many are bi/multilingual.

When I go oversees, or to South America, I speak whatever language I want to speak and no one (not some local prejudice, paranoid, crybaby) is going to tell me otherwise. My guess is when most of our Org members go to other countries, regardless if they are multilingual, they are going to speak whichever language works best for them at that particular time (negotiating a deal, talking to family members/friends, etc.).

All Joking aside do yourself and family a favor.

Learn their language but never speak it and just learn to listen. You as a car guy will be miles ahead of your coworkers, cause you can figure out their strategy for buying a vehicle with the language you learned... You sometimes in life miss a lesson cause, you were looking at the obvious, not the billboard that was flashing behind them....[/QUOTE
Your post abit back was too funny... Forstar du vad som kommer ur mitt mun. Swedish. Sometimes when in the restroom at work i hear them talking a different... language. I say in Swedish, Jag forstar inte ett ord ni sayer for nangonting. I don't understand a word you are saying. I get a funny look but doesn't matter to me....this is not going away anytime soon. :rofl:

Penso che sono solo di essere eccessivamente sensibile e ficcanaso. come altri hanno detto che se non parlano a voi che differenza fa che stanno parlando di lingua?

Le persone che parlano due lingue dovrebbe essere elogiata!

Wow... My friend I think that's some kind of racist comment... If they're talking in another language right in the middle of their conversation, what's the matter? it's their conversation anyway... Don't get me wrong, I know it can be frustrating at some point to not understand what others are saying but do not assume immediately that is about you, that's just paranoid. I speak Spanish, English, German and Nahuatl (main language of the Aztec culture or "mexicas" as properly named) and sometimes, when you are used to hear/speak in other languages you can get lost in the middle of the thing you are doing and don't care what you are speaking. I don't care about hearing Japanese, Chinese, or other language I don't understand so, try to chill out a little, let them be. Peace.

Wow... My friend I think that's some kind of racist comment... If they're talking in another language right in the middle of their conversation, what's the matter? it's their conversation anyway... Don't get me wrong, I know it can be frustrating at some point to not understand what others are saying but do not assume immediately that is about you, that's just paranoid. I speak Spanish, English, German and Nahuatl (main language of the Aztec culture or "mexicas" as properly named) and sometimes, when you are used to hear/speak in other languages you can get lost in the middle of the thing you are doing and don't care what you are speaking. I don't care about hearing Japanese, Chinese, or other language I don't understand so, try to chill out a little, let them be. Peace.

has nothing to do with racist.. so take that garbage somewhere else..
has nothing to do about they are talking bad about me...
it is about respect for others not knowing what they are saying and you are in the middle of it.. maybe they don't realize it but when i talk in different language in front of same people they don't like it and tell me to speak in english... do you get the point??
the other day i am getting a hair cut and here we go again she is talking to me in english and then suddenly right in middle of conversation she and her co-worker start talking in vietnamese .. too me that is just rude...

@ shawnski - You are getting unnecessarily worked up mate. Them talking in vitenamese among themselves is hardly a matter of concern for you. It would have been different if they were interacting with you in their native language. But if you want to make an issue out of it which you are it can get pretty annoying for you which i assume it has. I completely understand your annoyance about the immigrants speaking in their native language in public places. Hell i live in a country where we speak over 18 recognized languages. What that means is , somebody living 100 miles away from me could be talking in a language that would be greek to me. And yes it gets pretty annoying when they converse in a language i dont understand. but i cant go on cussing every one. so i try to avoid / ignore them. and this is just one country, my country and my people. You however live in a country which is on the radar of almost half of the world interms of immigration/ settlement. The mix is not always good and i know seeing other ethnic groups in ones country can be quite disturbing but truth be told , they are there to stay and your acceptance or not is not going to stop them. So i guess you should work on the art of selective hearing.

A**holes are everywhere I suppose. The language thing doesn't bother me so much as general rudeness and disrespect for another persons country. Case in point, we get a lot of Canadian travelers in Maine. To all my Canadian Busa brothers, this is not an attack on you, but just an example. In one occasion I was at Subway and the kid asked the guy if he would like American cheese on his sub. Dude flipped going off saying how f*cking ignorant Americans are, insulting him, stating that our cheese is better than Canadian cheese.

C'mon, really. If you dislike Americans that much stay the f*ck in your own country and ***** about Americans there. I used to go to St. Leonard, and St. Quentin New Brunswick quite often to watch hockey games. When there, I would to the best of my ability speak what little bit of French I could. They new right away I was a foreigner, but I tried to be respectful. Never demanded that they speak English in my presence.

Oh well.

I am over obnoxious Kentucky Basket Ball fans. When we are at Buffalo Wild Wings, what gives them the right to yell and cheer for their ***** Cats? They need to respect the fact that there are other fans watching the game too. Not to mention, we are sitting in the local Tennessee Buffalo Wild Wings, 70 miles outside of Kentucky... I just don't get it :banghead: Get out of my State

When I hear other people speaking another language I hear KACHING!!!:laugh:

I hate hearing Ebonics though, nam' sayin.:dunno:

Back