i am just tired of it.. some are just rude..

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
folks this subject is nothing new but i am just tired of mostly spanish/ mexican people or middle eastern and asian have no respect to come in this country and talk their language in front of people who do not understand it, i think it is just very rude and disrepectful.. now i understand if you are in private at home or where ever in your group but not at work or other places that people around you can not understand.. this happens at work everyday..

i am in auto business and these folks they start talking in their language that we don't understand and that really pisses me off:banghead:
and everyone of these folks speak frequent english.. i think that just totally sucks.
i am an immigrant here 38 years ago and i speak two different languages and i learned that you are in america and the language is english and not everyone knows arabic, spanish or vietnames, chinese etc..etc..
....and i bet most of the time they do that because they don't want you to know what they are saying..:moon:

I don't like understand like teenagers like these days like they are so out of like touch with like the world and like stuff and like things (insert fish lips photo from facebook on any teen gals site)

:rofl:

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Omar's Dad came from Cuba, and Omar's always told me his Dad will not speak Spanish in public...he embraced his new surroundings and country and learned the language. I always assume when I hear Spanish being spoken around me, they're talking about me :laugh:

I wish I cud speak spanish......??? it doesnt really bother me when ppl speak another spanish around me. I usually cud care less what they are saying in English so when its in Spanish its even better cause I cant understand anything their saying....:laugh:

I wish I cud speak spanish......??? it doesnt really bother me when ppl speak another spanish around me. I usually cud care less what they are saying in English so when its in Spanish its even better cause I cant understand anything their saying....:laugh:

I was hoping having Omar around would help, but I think he pretends to not understand...goes back to the whole "I think they're talking about me" thing I have going on :laugh:

:laugh:
or.. they start the conversation in english and then right in the middle goes to spanish... hmmm.. i wonder why??

This is just one of the numerous symtoms of our decaying society. No one seems to have respect for another person... it's all about self. I agree it is rude to intentionally speak a foriegn language in front of someone else at work if they can in fact speak english.

I immigrated to the US from the Netherlands and eventually became a naturalized citizen. We always spoke english, so much so that I can barely remember how to speak my native language. But now, with so much uncontrolled immegration, even ATM machines offer a foreign language as the First option and English as the second. We have all but lost our identity, in my opinion.

P.S., I just overheard a coversation in another language here in the office and yes, they were talking about you VaBusa!

P.S., I just overheard a coversation in another language here in the office and yes, they were talking about you VaBusa!

I JUST KNEW IT! :lol:

In all honesty, it doesn't bother me...but, I don't have to deal with it like the OP does for work...I'm sure it can be very frustrating, kind of like me calling tech support for my job, and getting "Bob from India" on the line :laugh:

My grandfather Immigrated to the US from Spain, i only new the man a short time before he passed but he never spoke spanish out in public, only around the house, and very little if then.

I don't understand why it matters??? If they are not talking to you in another language how or why should it affect you? It just comes down to you being nosy and wanting to hear their conversation. I've got better things to do and worry about than somebody elses conversation that doesn't pertain to me. If it really bothers you that much go buy a rosetta stone. A lot of my friends and co-workers spoke spanish and I didn't get mad I got jealous because I only spoke and understood 1 language and they knew 2! So that motivated me to learn spanish for myself and not only did they encourage and help me I gained A lot more respect from them and for them because its not easy to learn a 2nd language.

I unfortunately only know English, but wish I was smart enough to learn Spanish, French, German, Spanglish lol, etc. I would go from one to the other just to frustrate all the paranoid schizo's out there...

I don't understand why it matters??? If they are not talking to you in another language how or why should it affect you? It just comes down to you being nosy and wanting to hear their conversation. I've got better things to do and worry about than somebody elses conversation that doesn't pertain to me. If it really bothers you that much go buy a rosetta stone. A lot of my friends and co-workers spoke spanish and I didn't get mad I got jealous because I only spoke and understood 1 language and they knew 2! So that motivated me to learn spanish for myself and not only did they encourage and help me I gained A lot more respect from them and for them because its not easy to learn a 2nd language.

let me give you a good example: these people are sitting in finance office and everything is english with finance manager then suddenly speaking their language with each other why you are in the middle of the conversation, tell me the reason for that??? what if they only knew english... how would you handle that?? whisper or excuse yourself to get out of the room?? that is just one example of many..

I understand your frustation! I also immigrated here 45 years ago, and I still speak my native language as I need to. I use it still as I always will, for reasons including, work related issues, language barriers with oldest members of my family (in my home) and because I can. I learned it abroad as a child, and I refuse to loose it. I also taught my children before I taught them english for the first four years of their lives, to give them opportunities for employment options in their future... I use it when I have to, as respectfuly as possible, because it is not my objective to piss anyone off, I travel alot with my wife and kids and many conversations have been held in front of me in a ton of different languages, Doesn't bother me one bit... The misconception is, if you think people are talking about you because you do not understand them, I look at it this way, if you are deserving of it! I wouldn't worry about it...

let me give you a good example: these people are sitting in finance office and everything is english with finance manager then suddenly speaking their language with each other why you are in the middle of the conversation, tell me the reason for that??? what if they only knew english... how would you handle that?? whisper or excuse yourself to get out of the room?? that is just one example of many..

Don't make me start a thread about car dealers .. :laugh: :poke:

Whenever we deal with car dealers, I'll take the old lady out of the office if I want to discuss something away front of the pushy sales or finance people. If I knew another language, then I see no problem doing that. I would at least say excuse us though.

Bravo!!!:beerchug:

i once did that to them and spoke a different language with someone and the same people over heard me and they gave me a dirty look!! i think they got the message!:poke:!

I get what your saying but you must understand that certain phrases or sayings don't translate english to spanish and vice versa. So they may shift to another language to express themselves better or it could be to say something that wasn't meant 4 your ears. For example the english saying "costs an arm and a leg" doesn't translate in spanish. You can say those words in spanish but it wouldn't corralate to them. The spanish saying for that is "ojo de la cara" which translates to english " eye from the face"........... See what I mean? Bottom line is if you are cool and repectful why would they be talking bad about U in the 1st place

If they not talking to you what does it matter?

You want to know what they saying get rosetta stone, Your constitution allows freedom of speech regardless the language, do you want your freedom to bear arms taken away, when you around people who don't like guns? NO.....If not let them speak as they may.. If you can't beat them join them..
Forstår du ordene som kommer ut av munnen min

I just look and smile :rofl:

folks this subject is nothing new but i am just tired of mostly spanish/ mexican people or middle eastern and asian have no respect to come in this country and talk their language in front of people who do not understand it, i think it is just very rude and disrepectful.. now i understand if you are in private at home or where ever in your group but not at work or other places that people around you can not understand.. this happens at work everyday..

i am in auto business and these folks they start talking in their language that we don't understand and that really pisses me off:banghead:
and everyone of these folks speak frequent english.. i think that just totally sucks.
i am an immigrant here 38 years ago and i speak two different languages and i learned that you are in america and the language is english and not everyone knows arabic, spanish or vietnames, chinese etc..etc..
....and i bet most of the time they do that because they don't want you to know what they are saying..:moon:

I speak another language around automotive people myself and know english perfectly well. I speak I'm not paying this mofo what he wants. Only bad part is most car guys know that language if they been around awhile :rofl:

All Joking aside do yourself and family a favor.

Learn their language but never speak it and just learn to listen. You as a car guy will be miles ahead of your coworkers, cause you can figure out their strategy for buying a vehicle with the language you learned... You sometimes in life miss a lesson cause, you were looking at the obvious, not the billboard that was flashing behind them....

Back