Do they really make that big of a difference?

MoNoXiDe

Registered
I have been back and forth on buying Corbin seats for my Busa. I would like to hear from the org on why I should or shouldn't buy them. Also any suggestions on a different brand?

Thanks in advance!!

I have had the OEM seal, gel seat and the Corbin. On the OEM and Gel seats, I start to get monkey butt after about 3 hours. Basically I have to get off the bike at fuel stops and walk around a bit. With the Corbin, I sit on the seat all day even while fueling (I know, not safe to fuel the bike while sitting on it). It is a very big difference. I can't say that other seats won't perform as well, but I will recommend the Corbin any day, The build quality is amazing - the seat itself weighs 3 times what the OEM seat weighs.

I had a Corbin on my 600rr and was good to go for 8 hour rides. I am going to get one for the Busa as soon as I can afford it.

With the Corbin, I sit on the seat all day even while fueling (I know, not safe to fuel the bike while sitting on it). perform as well, but I will recommend the Corbin any day, The build

Why do you smoke when filling up? :laugh:
By sitting on the bike I can balance it and make the tank more level so I can really fill it up. I can
rock it side to side to get some air bubbles out too.

To the OP it has been said before but I will repeat it. It takes time to break in a seat.
My Corbin took me about 500 miles before it really "clicked" and felt better then stock.

Also asking for opinions is OK but in the end you just have to make the decision to JUMP in and order a seat. They take 4-8 weeks to get. Just so you know.
If you put 1000 miles on it and don't like it you can sell it here or on Ebay etc. But there is no way us telling you
we either love it or hate it, is going to tell you if it will work for you. Everybody is different and what works for one
might not work for another.

...asking for opinions is OK but in the end you just have to make the decision to JUMP in and order a seat...Everybody is different and what works for one might not work for another.

I agree with this, however, my Corbin is the best seat I've had on any bike. Having said that, I've had Corbins on other bikes that I did not like at all.

Also, while it's true that it takes several weeks to get new seats, I bought mine used for $100. It's by far the best one hundred touring dollars I've ever spent.

Beach.jpg

Loving my corbin seats and the back rest for the wifey saved the day too...definitely go that route. I have now had the New Image seat with riders pad, the stock seat and now the corbin...I wont be going back to any other seat...

I have a corbin seat and I loath it. The curve of the seat prevents you from leaning off it. The shape cuts into my leg and I have a foot down.

I have a tech gel seat, and that thing is really great.

We have put thousands of miles on our corbins, and the wife loves the back rest. Break it in and ride all day.

I've always sat on what the factory sent. I felt like the Gen I pilot seat was better the the Gen II, but it works for me. I think my longest ride so far was 13 hrs.

i have a corbin, i think it is. I dont remember. it was a long time ago. At first I thought it was great but not so much now. This is why. You sit lower in the seat because its cut out. THats good for more butt coverage but it just causes more knee cramp issues for me. The other thing I did not like is that when I go to the dragon it really gets in the way of a good lean and knee dragging. For me at least. So I just decided to stay with stock.

YES! It is a huge difference, the foam is supportive and the leather breathes to keep you cool. Plus the shape is better than stock.

I've never heard anyone say they hated a Corbin seat...I'm running a cut stock seat and don't have too many issues riding all day, but I'm sure as I get *cough* older, I'd likely wish I had something a bit more comfy.

Not sure if you can buy 'em for the Gen 1 still though, not new anyway.

By sitting on the bike I can balance it and make the tank more level so I can really fill it up. I can
rock it side to side to get some air bubbles out too.
I used to that until I saw a video of a guys bike burst into flame at the pump. Hot engine, overspill. poof!

I really like my Saddlemen TechStyle on my 14. It is a little less sloped forward and the foam top looks really cool. The rounded edges on the seat make it a little more comfortable than the OEM seat. I'm not sure it's worth the $400 I paid for the comfort factor but it improves looks and is not terribly heavier than the stock seat. I think the busa TechStyle is even better looking. There is a TechStyle passenger seat available too. I think the shape of the stock busa seat is just fine and it looks like Saddlemen stuck with it pretty much. It will be more breathable and the memory foam will mold to your ass. Saddlemen Gel-Channel Tech Seat Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R 2008-2013 - RevZilla

Well, it looks like everyone loves these seats and I cant wait to purchase one. I would definitely want one for my wife too along with the back rest.

I used to that until I saw a video of a guys bike burst into flame at the pump. Hot engine, overspill. poof!

Well if you are sloppy and not paying attention I think that could happen especially if the motor is exposed. The Busa's motor is pretty
well covered - and I'm pretty careful when filling up as I don't want gas on my tank or tank bra etc.

But thanks for posting that as I will be even more careful from here on out as I don't want to go "up in smoke" ( isn't that a movie title :laugh:)

OP - now your taking some $$$ for a front and rear seat with a backrest. But I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy it so it's probably worth it. Let us know.

And if your wife loves it. we need pictures of her smiling while sitting on it. :whistle:

Well, it looks like everyone loves these seats and I cant wait to purchase one. I would definitely want one for my wife too along with the back rest.

I've had Corbin seats on a few bikes, including an 08 Busa.
I really like them, but I also tried 4 other seats and a couple custom jobs on my gen2.
Seats are 100% a personal preference, what I think is great, you may hate.
If at all possible, try to meet up with someone and try a Corbin. Maybe they would even switch seats with you for a ride(I was able to switch a couple seats to try with some org members).
Corbins are great seats, and are easy to sell. But again, they may not be right for YOU. It sucks to spend a lot of money on something that you don't really like.
The only other thing about Corbin seats is that they can take 1 or 2 thousand miles to break in(mine took around 1500 miles). They'll soften up some, and stay conformed to your shape.
As mentioned above, they aren't the best knee dragging aggressive riding seat, as they are flatter and wider than stock.
You also cannot take the advice of people who own gen1 Corbins. They can attest to Corbins great fit and quality; but the gen1 and 2 Corbin seats are different. They do not feel the same. The trim piping on the gen1's shape also cuts into some people's legs. They can be ordered without piping, but I haven't felt or heard of piping problems on gen2's.
As for the passenger seat, I've never heard any complaints, as most chicks like a bigger, wider seat with a back rest(obviously more comfortable and feel safer with the backrest, they also don't slope forward as much).
Good luck with it.

Back