Just a joy ride .

I did a tip I found on this forum
and that was to remove
the rubber from the foot pegs .

It lower my foot
about 3/4 inch .

I am 6' - 1" .

evil-20swingarm-202-20-2016-20010_zpshmph565s-jpg.jpg

Just back from a short ride, saw lots of nice sights and took my time. Saw a couple great picture opportunities but it wasn't safe to stop and take them...I might have to get one of them fangled cameras the youngsters have on their bikes (GoPro).

Just back from a short ride, saw lots of nice sights and took my time. Saw a couple great picture opportunities but it wasn't safe to stop and take them...I might have to get one of them fangled cameras the youngsters have on their bikes (GoPro).

I have a GoPro and I wear it around my neck. That works fine on my Harley. But it swings around on my Busa. The picture in the above post was from it. I had to use a still because the video will make you dizzy. I need to find a better solution for the Busa...hopefully without buying another GoPro. I guess on a Helmet some how.

I rode earlier before the sweltering heat wave today......mid 80s, lol. I have a helmet mount for my GoPro as well as a mount on the nose of the bike. Tried doing some 4K video today but my laptop is flipping out right now, which makes editing fun. I’ll take some pics of the mount location when I get home 08BusaKY

Oh, btw, had a bee get down my jacket and into my shirt. Got stung 5 times by the time I got home and able to figure out what the hell hurt. Of course this was half way home when it started. The one in my armpit I think is the worst

Oh, btw, had a bee get down my jacket and into my shirt. Got stung 5 times by the time I got home and able to figure out what the hell hurt. Of course this was half way home when it started. The one in my armpit I think is the worst
That is always pleasant......if it makes you feel better, I had a bee splat itself on my visor...I saw it coming, tried to miss it and it hit me almost dead centre...one less...

As bad as this sounds....

....better you than me. I'm highly allergic to bees and flying sugarbritches.

You know, you (can) read and edit before you post.:D In the 70s on tour in Idaho a bee/wasp or whatever stung me in the middle of my back. I thought I’d been shot! Extreme pain instantly. Damn it hurt.:redface: Pulled over, got my gear off and looked in the mirror. Made some mud with my canteen water, applied it as fast as I could and within a few moments, relief!:)

Took some Benadryl and finally it stopped hurting. Little flying bastard. Here’s where I mount my camera at BusaKY

2781CD2C-909D-4922-A2DB-EFAF633E7EA7.jpeg

0BC7BFF9-0014-410A-8934-60A50ACEB1C5.jpeg

Still in the mid 90s here and almost that hot inside Yosemite, even at 5,000’! I may venture into the Park next week and head up a little higher. It just can’t be that hot at 9,500’!:D Damn it’s nice living so close.:thumbsup:

Still in the mid 90s here and almost that hot inside Yosemite, even at 5,000’! I may venture into the Park next week and head up a little higher. It just can’t be that hot at 9,500’!:D Damn it’s nice living so close.:thumbsup:
Lucky you...it is hot and humid here, almost too hot to ride....

Lucky you...it is hot and humid here, almost too hot to ride....

Almost, is right. Today I’m inside under the A/C watching bike and car racing on TV. :cool: 95 outside.:redface: On tour I’ve ridden in triple digits for (too) many miles:confused::) across Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and even southern Montana. The problem there was having no cover, no trees in sight to pull under to take a break for miles and miles. I spotted an oasis one day in Montana far out to my right as I headed north out of Wyoming. Turned out to be an old cemetery on a short dirt road. Man, was I happy to find it.:D It was 104 in the sun. I wear protective gear even in the heat but in really terrible heat on tour I wear an evaporative vest over a thin T shirt and under my armored mesh jacket. Works for 3-4 hours and then I rewet it and continue. The (cool) that comes from the hot air running thru it is soooo nice.:bowdown:. Now, if only I could cool my legs....:confused:

I can only imagine how hot that would be out there in basically the desert..and in full gear. I ride with full gear as well and with the humidity, I have to almost hang it out on the clothesline when I get back.

I spent the day helping a neighbour build shelving in his garage, now I am in the AC watching "Car Week" on the history channel...

Back