Ok, I am at a loss, battery help please.

Make sure your battery is charged, have the place you bought the battery from to do a stress test and cell test before anything else.

Last edited:
Gorilla alarms are notorious for eating batteries. Went through two because of the danged alarm. Now my quickest draw down is when I accidentally leave the radar detector on.

Ok, I am getting .01 amp draw on the Gipro, 0.0 on everything else including the alarm and the power sockets. Bad battery?

Did you go through all the tests? 1 mA isn't going to drop your battery

Last edited:
Sounds like a bad battery to me....take it to the dealer, get a replacement and slap that puppy in!! Vrrrrooooom!!

I have the exact same situation. No matter what I do for storing the battery they die over winter storage.

I have exactly the same situation with my 'busa. If it sits for 3 weeks I would have a dead battery when I would be ready to go. Don't know if it was the drain from the alarm, LoJack or PCIII but it would be dead. Solved the problem by keeping it plugged into a Battery Tender when covered and not in use. If you don't already have one they are a great investment, I have one for all three bikes (2-12v and 1-6v). Can't recommend them highly enough, never, never overcharges. :thumbsup:

It does sound like yo have a dead battery to me. I would get it replaced and have a battery tender as a back up. :thumbsup:

come to think of it ...mine draws too if it sits...i only have gipro and pc3usb on the bike...might have to VOM it and check that...once i get the battery back in

Gel cell batteries are known for not taking a charge from a normal charger once they drop below a specific limit. I have had several that I took back to the retailer and then they told me the story. Gel Cells require a very large current curge to "wake them up" once they drop below the cutoff, IE 400 amps for an automotive size. I have a 200 amp charger that still wouldn't do anything. This retailer told me that they usually hit the returned gel cells with the proper charge and then use them for their own vehicles and they last for years with proper maintaining.

Get a proven replacement and do not allow it to become discharged. It will work well for a long time if you use a maintenance (trickle) charger.

Gel cell batteries are known for not taking a charge from a normal charger once they drop below a specific limit. I have had several that I took back to the retailer and then they told me the story. Gel Cells require a very large current curge to "wake them up" once they drop below the cutoff, IE 400 amps for an automotive size. I have a 200 amp charger that still wouldn't do anything. This retailer told me that they usually hit the returned gel cells with the proper charge and then use them for their own vehicles and they last for years with proper maintaining.

Get a proven replacement and do not allow it to become discharged. It will work well for a long time if you use a maintenance (trickle) charger.

Well that is where I am confused. The retailer told me that I should never have to place it on a tender, and it should sit a year in a bike and operate just fine. I had a tender on my previous battery and it failed also. I can keep this one on a tender, but was told I dont need it. :banghead:

If there is any current draw on your system, it will drain any battery. It sounds to me like he is interested in selling you batteries...

I am just passing on my personal experience with Gel Cell batteries which is fully automotive based, not motorcycle. Your mileage may vary...

i recall reading a topic here a few years ago that the GiPro does draw constant power even when the bike is off which could be an issue with the battery over time. :whistle:

The GiPro will do it. I have to keep mine on a tender or it will drain a new battery with in 2 weeks

I had it happen with the Gipro and Scorpio....both will drain as the scorpio has a back up battery

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips guys, it has to be the GiPro, there is nothing else connected unless you count the on board clock. Wonder if anyone has ever installed a battery cut off switch like they put on drag cars. That would be interesting. You can totally isolate the battery from any current draw with the flip of a switch. But where to mount it? :laugh:

Does the GiPro read the GPS signal, or does it compare the speed signal to the tach signal to determine what gear you are in?

Dennis, I would have to look at a wiring diagram to know for sure, but there is a power supply for the display window connected straight to the battery.

Thanks for the tips guys, it has to be the GiPro, there is nothing else connected unless you count the on board clock. Wonder if anyone has ever installed a battery cut off switch like they put on drag cars. That would be interesting. You can totally isolate the battery from any current draw with the flip of a switch. But where to mount it? :laugh:

I have a similiar prob with mine, 09' no add ons at all, was in storage for a while, battery flat, bought a new battery , 2 days later, that went flat (both gel). Had the stator + rectifier checked by the dealer all good (so he said). I have no clue whats causing it, I feel your pain, the problem is peaving me also.
Read on busanation someone said LED's have been known to cause probs, so I disconnected my fender eliminator LED's see how that goes ... I'm a desperate man !!!

Back