charging problem

al1213

Registered
i have a 2002 hayabusa and my battery keeps going dead after I ride the bike on a long ride. My rectifier was burned by the connectors, so i put a new plug and rectifier on the bike, then I just replaced the stator today and the battery still want stay charged after i ride for about an hour or two. The battery is brand new and after i charge it the bike starts for maybe the first hor, then when i go to try and start it, the battery goes dead. Can anybody please help me figure this out.

Are you sure its the battery? Have you checked current to the starter? I had similar battles and found my start button had a bad ground in the loop so it was a pain but go fixed. What are the symptoms?

when the battery is charged the bike starts with no problem, then it gradually starts to start slow, then it eventually won't start at all and the battery goes dead.

how old is the battery? try getting it load-tested to make sure it is still healthy.

Drain Test Time NOT A MECHANIC. You can find it in the manual. After reading your post it sounds like something is pulling your battery down. Sorry you didn't do a little testing before replacing all those items.

i have a 2002 hayabusa and my battery keeps going dead after I ride the bike on a long ride. My rectifier was burned by the connectors, so i put a new plug and rectifier on the bike, then I just replaced the stator today and the battery still want stay charged after i ride for about an hour or two. The battery is brand new and after i charge it the bike starts for maybe the first hor, then when i go to try and start it, the battery goes dead. Can anybody please help me figure this out.

having had a bad rectifier it could have damaged the battery, take it into an auto parts store or batteries plus and they can test it to see if it has a bad cell... if its new then its under warranty and will be replaced

The battery is new and I had it checked. Something is draining my battery and I cant figure out what it is.

Back