Who’s Riding Today? ME!!!

I rode from Poughkeepsie ny to Syracuse, ny…. around 250 miles.... in March one year.... I left Poughkeepsie around 3 or 4 pm around 55-60 degrees..... I got caught in a major traffic jam... when I got to Syracuse it was 8:45 pm ….. by this time it was 20 degrees and started to snow.... I almost soiled myself...… anyhow.. I stopped at a rest area and I couldn't stop shaking..... went inside to pee.... and then i started to freak out because I couldn't find my helmet..... I started yelling at random strangers DEMANDING my helmet be returned.... WHERE THE HELL WAS MY HELMET! come to find out the helmet was propped up on top of my head the entire time.... I guess I lost feeling even in my face...…
Classic Ali story man. Lol!

Did ya enjoy the ride today ? :thumbsup:
Only saw 1 cop today and he was on a bike at Akkas.
Hey! I never saw you, you obviously saw me though, never saw one cop today, we only went as far as Little River and back to Tai Tapu.
Man it was strong wind gusts and constant 80kmh Nor Easter blowin' from Tai Tapu to Ellesmere, and bloody cold too!
Were you in a group? I saw a few groups of bikes out there. :bowdown:

Hey! I never saw you, you obviously saw me though, never saw one cop today, we only went as far as Little River and back to Tai Tapu.
Man it was strong wind gusts and constant 80kmh Nor Easter blowin' from Tai Tapu to Ellesmere, and bloody cold too!
Were you in a group? I saw a few groups of bikes out there. :bowdown:

Just 2 of us when i saw ya, we were on the last straight b4 Tai Tapu on way back.

Had to get out of the house this morning. Just took a lap around the island. So smokey still, makes for some cool looking sunrises though. Somewhere in the background is Mt. Baker.

MVIMG_20180819_113251.jpg

Went for an early(ish) ride and came across a Mitsubishi Evolution in front of me and a wide open road ahead of us. He must have decided to show a bike what's what and took off in a cloud of black smoke. I decided to follow and he did well-got up to around 200 kms/hr.

The sad thing is I could have passed him at any time but decided to not bother as the road was running out. I don't know what gear I was even in, I think 3rd or maybe 4th.

I took 38 mile ride today. This is around where I live. There is a dead deer (right side) part way on the road. It is that time of year where you don't want to ride at night or early morning if you can avoid it. There are a lot of woods and country roads and deer around here. It was between 55 and 60 degrees nice and sunny!

I was on my ZX and the camera is on my left mirror. I have to get another mount for the Busa and figure out where to put it.

23Oct-1.jpg

There are days when you just feel the need for speed. Road yesterday and could not keep it under 100, decided to go home while I still had a license.
Exactly! It was the same for me yesterday, we went to Akaroa, pics below,
1552162665999.png
it's 120 miles return trip and I touched 160mph (255kph) once :eek: . . . long straight . . . NO traffic . . . NO cops.
Partners in crime:
BMW 1200K
GSXR1100K
What a day! :D:thumbsup:

IMG_2736.JPG

IMG_2737.JPG

IMG_2738.JPG

Last edited:
Back