Who’s Riding Today? ME!!!

I just came back from a ride with a group of mad b@stards,:race: 180kms we covered and I stayed midway through the pack, average speeds were gettin' up there so I was happy to let the front runners go as radar bait.:cool:
2012 Repsol CBR1000RR (goes like the clappers)
2015 Triumph Speed Triple
2012 Triumph Daytona 675
2005 Honda Blackbird
2009 Honda CBR1000
Yep, she was a manic crew.:poke:

Didn't see any cops thank heavens!
Its the middle of winter here but today was overcast with a 15-20kmh Northerly (warmish) and around 14deg C. Quite pleasant but a lot of damp and greasy spots, a lot of shadow due to the low sun.
Just got home and lit the fire, fed the dogs, put on my slippers and HhhhhHefner smoking jacket, put some chicken and veges in the oven,havin'a whiskey, and yeah..... life is good.
My Busa is soooo consistently powerful and reliable, it's just the greatest thing.
I do have it pretty well set up though, went through the chassis and brakes etc recently and all is well, makes so much difference in the rideability, as for the engine, 19 years old (100,000kms) and at it's best at present.

The Busa engines are just outstanding!!

I just came back from a ride with a group of mad b@stards,:race: 180kms we covered and I stayed midway through the pack, average speeds were gettin' up there so I was happy to let the front runners go as radar bait.:cool:
2012 Triumph Daytona 675
2005 Honda Blackbird
2009 Honda CBR1000

Its the middle of winter here but today was overcast with a 15-20kmh Northerly (warmish) and around 14deg C. Quite pleasant but a lot of damp and greasy spots, a lot of shadow due to the low sun.
Just got home and lit the fire, fed the dogs, put on my slippers and HhhhhHefner smoking jacket, put some chicken and veges in the oven,havin'a whiskey, and yeah..... life is good.
My Busa is soooo consistently powerful and reliable, it's just the greatest thing.
I do have it pretty well set up though, went through the chassis and brakes etc recently and all is well, makes so much difference in the rideability, as for the engine, 19 years old (100,000kms) and at it's best at present.

one of the best motors commercially available... of all time

2012 Triumph Daytona 675
2005 Honda Blackbird
2009 Honda CBR1000

Sounds like an awesome ride Kiwi , keeping all those mad buggers honest in the swervery ! After a really enjoyable ride , nothing beats kicking back to relax and reflect on why you choose to ride the ultimate all round linage streetbike , ever in two wheeled history !!

Went with a mate of mine for ride to Strathalbym today , very blustery , and not looking real nice , but really great at Strath . The bike pictured with mine is a RSV1000 Millie , my mate has been steadily tidying it up , and now looks rather neat . Seems to handle the tight roads well , although lacking big HP , it does turn pretty well , and goes okay .
DSCF1713.JPG

DSCF1703.JPG

Nice pics mate, your bike really looks the business there!

Your mate with the Aprilia must be wanting a Busa badly by now lol.
Have you let him ride the L2? If he did, he would be sold, I guarantee.

I've ridden a RSV Mille of the same vintage and comparing it to the GSXR1000K6 I had just stepped off at the time. . . . nah, felt slow in the steering and the power was a let down. My K6 was good for 155kmh in 1st ffs.
It felt quite cumbersome, but it may have been all in the set up. Tyres etc make a HUGE difference to a bike's feel and handling.

I have never ridden one , but have heard a few negative things about the twin RSV '98-00 , lack of power is certainly mentioned , no Ducati 996/998 is another often read quote . But my mate likes it , and it keeps him out of trouble , and ya can't go busting everyone's bubble , when they think their bikes the very best in the world , cos it's theirs . Maybe I let him have a ride on my next Busa ?

Well, it's after midnight and I've been busy encoding and uploading my latest ride vid to youtube. It's unedited and the audio ain't that great, but I think you'll all enjoy the scenery, and of course the bikes!
It was a magnificent winter's day today, light Northerly (warmish) wind, clear skies and 17degC which is warm for our July.
My mate Mark and I went for a cruise around Banks Peninsula and had no issues whatsoever!
Mark's ol' "slabside" Gixxer 1100 is an awesome bike, goes and handles so well, I know RoadToad will get a kick outta watchin' him with a Busa as a constant threat following lol. Had the BEST day and managed to get some really good footage... Enjoy . . . .

Well, it's after midnight and I've been busy encoding and uploading my latest ride vid to youtube. It's unedited and the audio ain't that great, but I think you'll all enjoy the scenery, and of course the bikes!
It was a magnificent winter's day today, light Northerly (warmish) wind, clear skies and 17degC which is warm for our July.
My mate Mark and I went for a cruise around Banks Peninsula and had no issues whatsoever!
Mark's ol' "slabside" Gixxer 1100 is an awesome bike, goes and handles so well, I know RoadToad will get a kick outta watchin' him with a Busa as a constant threat following lol. Had the BEST day and managed to get some really good footage... Enjoy . . . .

Video unavailable

I very much enjoyed that Kiwi , just a lovely cruise , with some wicking it up in places to spice it up a little . Are there damp or slippery sections in the dark shaded valley roads ? It does look like mild weather , but I bet it is really quite cool . I reckon your mate is enjoying his tasty J on that ride , be great to ride with you blokes one day .
Toad

I very much enjoyed that Kiwi , just a lovely cruise , with some wicking it up in places to spice it up a little . Are there damp or slippery sections in the dark shaded valley roads ? It does look like mild weather , but I bet it is really quite cool . I reckon your mate is enjoying his tasty J on that ride , be great to ride with you blokes one day .
Toad
It wasn't really damp, good traction everywhere, not cool weather for us hardened Kiwis at 17degC lol, bit cool for you soft Aussies lmfao!

:D

I'm not riding either guys,Busa is still torn up from the accident on May 20th(got a call yesterday that their insurance co. will finally be sending someone around soon to appraise the damage)and too hot to give the dirt bike a go.:crazy:
Man , that insurance are slow ... but I am not up to speed on this subject at the moment , and sure as hell don't want to be either ! Hope it all hurries up for you Pirate , cos you have been very patient by anyones standard .

Also got a letter yesterday that Texas filed a lien against any $ I may be awarded because of some bullshit back child support claim from my ex.We were divorced in '95 but stayed together until '99(kids were around 7 and 9 then and if I remember right from '99 on the support order was around $500 a month for both).At that time I signed over a 41' boat I owned(alone)which she sold for $50K and we agreed that would cover about 10 years(give or take)of child support in advance(and like a dumb ass didn't get anything in writing).She used that as a down payment on a house in AZ and over the next year I rode over once a month to visit,give her money,etc.Shortly after she sold the house(for a decent profit),moved to Texas and remarried,I only found out when I got $ I'd sent for the kid's xmas returned with a "no forwarding address".Found the kids on Facebook a few years ago and by then they were adults with one being married,etc. and I never gave much of anything a second thought as I felt all of them had pretty much abandoned me,until yesterday when I find I supposedly now owe $130,000 in back child support.She was always a hateful,vindictive bitch(my bad,caught me fooling around and divorced me for it)but I thought the child support thing was covered until I recd. that letter from Texas yesterday,now I guess I'll have to have an attorney look into that poop.Man,I hate to think after going through this pain and suffering(hand and shoulder still messed up,may be for life now)I may not see a damned dime because of that conniving bitch.:crazy:

Man that is terrible news. Hope it works out for you. Either way it sucks to get hit with that out of nowhere. When I got divorced, I had a pitbull of a female attorney who got me out of it very well. I had full custody, kept the house, and kept my retirement for $25k. Best $25k I ever spent.

Man that is terrible news. Hope it works out for you. Either way it sucks to get hit with that out of nowhere. When I got divorced, I had a pitbull of a female attorney who got me out of it very well. I had full custody, kept the house, and kept my retirement for $25k. Best $25k I ever spent.

Similar experience for me. I kept the house and she eventually paid me child support after I went to the DA to get her served. Child support orders never change unless a change in circumstances (loss of job, income, whatever) occurs (and) the payor petitions the court for a reduction in support payments (and) it’s granted. Until then the payments continue which if unpaid, add up to a huge arrearage.

Back