• I wheelie every second time I ride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wheelie once a week

• I wheelie once a month

• I never wheelie

• I'm a newbie but will be wheelieing soon.

• Other....explain below

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
<span style='font-family:arial'></span><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span>i love wheelies,there good for the soul.i just got rid of a zrx1200r and that was one wheeling machine..:3:

I'm about to lower my 'busa so that I am not tempted to wheelie any more.  I do wheelies all the time.  (just in first gear)  But before I crash trying to find the balance point, I'm gonna lower it and be happy with the wheelies I have done!
I've made the front end *VERY* light a few times but as far as I know the front tire hasn't left the ground. I also plan to lower my busa. It'd be fine with me if the front tire never leaves the ground without a pit stand under it.  wink.gif
Boy has my eariler statement went out the window! Hehehehe... laugh.gif The front lofts a bit just about every time I ride now. No big high wheelies, but I pick it up a few inches and ease it back down just to get the rush. wink.gif

wink.gif

I like to pick and choose my spots to wheelie. Usually it's in deserted locations or open stretch of scenic highway. I do it just about every time I ride. Won't be doing them for a while until my knee is 100%. Still have slight stiffness which slows my shifting technique. I figure in a couple of months I'll be back at it. devil.gif evil.gif brave.gif

Brian

Boy has my eariler statement went out the window! Hehehehe... laugh.gif The front lofts a bit just about every time I ride now. No big high wheelies, but I pick it up a few inches and ease it back down just to get the rush. wink.gif
Feels liberating doesn't it Bullet...?rock.gif

Brian

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074551629 -->

always on the back tire my fav before the sprocket change was second gear 60 to 65 mph and let her rip after the gear change third gear at 80mph clutch and go not to good with the shifts though and very little first gear wheelies on purpose way to touchy for me the high speed wheelies seam much easier:D

I DONT PULL TRICKS ON THE BUSA.  I WOULD BE SO PISSED IF I WRECKED/LAYED IT OVER DO SOMETHING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED.  BOTTOM LINE IT IS NOT WORTH IT IN MY OPINION.:angry: mad.gif
very true k5fan... on my old gsx600 people kept telling me to wheelie, and i got tired of paying $400 for fairings when it dropped.. so i just started saying &quot;gimme $400 for the show or go get your own bike...&quot; and they just turned around and i rode off.. both wheel's on the pavement...

I DONT PULL TRICKS ON THE BUSA.  I WOULD BE SO PISSED IF I WRECKED/LAYED IT OVER DO SOMETHING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED.  BOTTOM LINE IT IS NOT WORTH IT IN MY OPINION.:angry: mad.gif
very true k5fan... on my old gsx600 people kept telling me to wheelie, and i got tired of paying $400 for fairings when it dropped.. so i just started saying &quot;gimme $400 for the show or go get your own bike...&quot; and they just turned around and i rode off.. both wheel's on the pavement...
im with ya when it comes to wannabe idiots sometimes i wanna get my bike and just well you know but i cant turn the young guys down i just remember being one and how happy it made me when youd get some one to show off for ya so ill wheelie on command for kids and girls(huh whats that honey no sweatheart i dont act up for girls I love you )huh huh married now got to watch out showing off for the girls lol

I'm the type of person who believes that the wheel that does 100 per of your steering and roughly 90 per of your bracking should be on the ground. I'm not saying that I've never tried a wheelie, but when I did try I will never do it again. There are certain times that you will wheelie like come out of a corner or over a burm (I hope that's a word):D

I have been riding for 15 yr
only wheele in first gear
cant shift.
I still can get up to 75-80 in the first gear. But when you come down you better lift that ass off your seat cuz it ain't smooth wow.gif

I never get near the balance point, maybe 10-12 inches up at most. I always do that with a 1st gear roll-on. I get the slight head shake on hard shifts into 2nd and 3rd. I also get the head shake when hammering out of a corner. So I guess I pull mini-wheelies all the time. Truth be told, I'm still scared. I don't want to scratch my pristine, polished every time I ride baby. I'd like to stay healthy too. It's inevitable though, I'll be riding them soon enough...

one wheelie a day keeps the doctor away...NOT!

I like wheelies, but do them like once every ride, in 1st gear that is it.

Too fat and too much altitude (6100 ft), but mainly the former. I did get the front up a few times, albeit not very much, while in Texas and Cali.

like a kid chasing something into the street, someone walking across the street that isnt paying attention.
Hopefully you are not trying in a area with kids walking in the street smile.gif

Seriously, after I got my Busa, I told everyone, NO WAY...I am not going to try it. It came up by mistake a couple times, but would scare the crap out of me. I lowered it LAST NIGHT and rode to work this morning...I thought it was harder to bring up the front...I tell you what, I did two of them on the way to work. First one about 3', the second about a foot. Best damn feeling ever! I will practice, just so I know how, but do not plan to do it repeatily.
~Twister

I like to to show off her belly every now and then to get a smile out of a kid. I bought my busa for the power so I enjoy it.

Just yesterday on my MANDATORY Sunday ride I found myself next to a decent-looking Harley custom. Leaving the light up to about 20mph he pops the front-end up for a quickie wheelie. Now remember, we're on a fricking HIGHWAY in Napa Valley. Stoplights? out here? ridiculous.

Now my Busa was not feeling the love and was gonna have none of it. So, up she went. And she stayed there, through second and on into third. Wife on the back was none too happy with me but it wasn't my fault! Fortunately she has that sixth sense (me tapping her hand) that tells her when the front-wheel is going weightless and she just leans and clings.

Never saw Harley again. Busa got happy biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back