How do you wheelie on your busa ?

I do roll on power wheelies,nothing reaL big...maybe a foot and a half or so.
I'm seriously considering goint to wheelie skool in October.
wink.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 09 2006,22:10)
(300Busa @ Sep. 10 2006,00:07) whats a wheelie?
I don't know, either... maybe the experts can help define it for us!  
wink.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif
its the thing that comes in the box with a tre?

wink.gif

(Valium @ Dec. 20 2005,08:37) How hard is it on the clutch, mechanical parts when you "Bump the clutch" ? I thought, and I could be wrong as usuall, but I thought bumping the clutch was a quick way to kill your clutch plates.
rock.gif
i thought you could burn your clutch real bad if you pop it bump. i heard cuts little rivets into your clutch bowl

(rtvegas @ Sep. 09 2006,23:45) Ok all you busa riders that wanna wheelie.. Just click below, take notes.. and enjoy  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

How to Wheelie...
I actually watched that video a month or so ago. I have been trying little by little to do the power on wheelie ever since. I did my first yesterday! I had just finished changing the oil and filter and was running it up and down my street just to warm it up and make sure I had no leaks. About my fourth run back towards my condo, the front end came up. I was like "oh my gosh"! It only came up a few inches but for the first time, I could move the handle bars with no resistence or change in direction. I quickly thought "Keep the handle bars straight" and gently let off of the throttle. Was a fantastic experience!

But I live in a Condo complex and at 48 years of age, am one of the youngest people living here. One of my neighbors came out of her unit and gave me an ear full. Speed limit is 25 on our road. I bit my tongue and told her that she was right and apologized. I added that I would not do it again. Hope she didn't notice that I was really excited at what I had done...wink, wink! I won't do it anymore in the neighborhood but plan on going to the school parking lot or one of the bigger church parking lots to try it some more! What an incredible rush!!!

biggrin.gif

(iambob @ Sep. 09 2006,20:54)
(Valium @ Dec. 20 2005,08:37) How hard is it on the clutch, mechanical parts when you "Bump the clutch" ? I thought, and I could be wrong as usuall, but I thought bumping the clutch was a quick way to kill your clutch plates.
rock.gif
i thought you could burn your clutch real bad if you pop it bump. i heard cuts little rivets into your clutch bowl
I am quite certain it is tough on equipment.... but I honestly have to say there are very few times I ride where I don't do this;

clip_image002.jpg

It is just too dang much fun!!
tounge.gif

I'll bet my cush drive will wear out early...sure it is tougher on chain/sprockets...in fact, my rear sprocket is already showing wear at 6000 miles.

Oh well...I bought it to enjoy!!!

Back