How do you wheelie on your busa ?

hionbusa

Registered
Buying the busa I knew it wasn't a wheelie machine like the R1 but I like to throw wheelies every now and then.

I usually just slide back on the seat and gas 2nd gear but it doesnt come up that much .

sad.gif

HOW DO YOU ALL DO IT ?

HOW DIFFERENT IS IT WITH BIGGER SPROCKETS?

In my dreams!!!!
laugh.gif

No seriously, you can really hurt yourself with the power of the Busa and I have heard that the balance point is very high. I would advice against it but that is my 2 cents.
wink.gif

i started out doing 1st gear wheelies, get the rpms to about 5grand hold it let off then as the front starts to rise again hit the throttle(a little at a time it will loop in a heartbeat). it will come up. i have never clutched it, i like the power wheelies ,

remember it will loop in a newyork minute
cool.gif

I clutch mine all the time...just start easy, cause like they said...too much and it'll come right over on ya!

Power wheelies are easy in first...just twist hard, somewhere around 5500 it'll start to rise..do it right and it'll stay up til redline, grab second hard and it'll come right back up.
You can clutch it in first WAY low in the rpm range..just an easy slip @ 10 mph and she comes up nice...

i started out doing 1st gear wheelies, get the rpms to about 5grand hold it let off then as the front starts to rise again hit the throttle(a little at a time it will loop in a heartbeat). it will come up. i have never clutched it, i like the power wheelies ,

remember it will loop in a newyork minute  
cool.gif
lol. well thats the reason I m asking .

I like to power wheelie it gasing 1st and 2nd .

I like to find the best way to do this . stock gear .

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|hionbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135019681 -->

acy.jpg

I have 16/42 and it will come up in 1st and 2nd at around 5K just from power/torque. And I can bounce it in 3rd at around 6K or 7K and it will come up slow and easy. My problem is that I don't have the cajon`es to hold it up for more than a few secs.

David

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135020092 -->

Hionbusa...the bus is really pretty easy to wheelie. Just remember it takes less throttle than most to get the job done..

I'm not a wheelie rider by any means but when i get on the gas my bus just spins....

I bounce mine up in first @ 4500-5000 RPM a hot tire also helps, a cold, soft tire will spin most of the time. Ive also found if u stiffin up your rear shock the front end will come up easier, maybe its just my imagination but its seems like it helps... like everyone here has said BE CAREFUL! IT DOES NOT TAKE MUCH TO LOOP A BUSA ONCE THE FRONT END IS UP...also dont panic if u get it up too high u can bring her down with a tap of rear brake and a slow roll off. Also if u panic and chop the throttle its not good on the front end when you drop her back down hard. Just do your best to maintain control at ALL times. I remember my first BIG wheelie on my busa, i freaked and chopped the throttle and came down hard, i remember thinking "that cant be good for the front end"...Learn from my mistake and dont do that.... =)

Try wheeling with a 6over swingarm. It's a whole new ballgame.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135041563 -->

I like the 1 st - 3 rd power wheelie. Nothing like having the weight on the rear and having the busa in it's power band.

My best wheelies are done at high speed.
Run her up to about 140-145 indicated in 6th gear.
Drop down 2 gears to 4th, at 125 just drop the clutch out and twist.
You will need at least a mile or two of straight road for this, but it works great.

Back