• I wheelie every second time I ride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wheelie once a week

• I wheelie once a month

• I never wheelie

• I'm a newbie but will be wheelieing soon.

• Other....explain below

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only wheelies I do are the acceleration type. I'll just get on it real hard in first and once it pulls past 9000 RPM the front just starts coming up. Once it's about a foot off the ground I upshift. Occasionally a small one in second......

Maybe I'm getting a little old, but I think they can be a bit unsafe.

Johncal

Don't wheelie, nope I don't. I'm a zigger and a zagger not an upper and downer. For me its all about speed, accelleration and zoom zooming through the twisties.

:thumbsup: :cool: ;)

I wheelie ALMOST every time out... about 1 or 2" off the ground is all. much more than that would kill my times. ;)

I have to work hard to keep the bike down. Usually a power shift in 2-3-4 will bring it up. 1st would just flip if not careful. 5th has come up3 inches at a very high rate of speed. Never had it up in 6th though.

:devil: I don't wheelie the 'busa, didn't buy it to wheelie it on purpose. The R1 on the other hand is great wheelie machine and about 125 lbs lighter. :devil:

theres just something awesome about dropping a tooth in the front and going up a couple in the back, so when you come out of a corner and slam the throttle open you have to fight that front tire back to earth mmmmmmmmmm ahhhhhhhhhhh life is good

I will never try to do a wheelie! However if it happens unintentionally, I will just have to live with it.
I suppose if I knew how, it might be a different story. ;)

Through a right hand turn, hard on the gas, front wheel comes up while comming out of the turn, flick the monster into the left lane (Not Oncomming Silly!) shift into 3rd & put wheel down.
Undescribable feeling.
Whish I could do it again.

Yea i like to do at least one roll on first gear...5k snap off the gas and roll on..up she comes at at 5000' elevation..now down at Laguna packin' double..just rev to 5k and 3/4 gas it and up she goes..life would be boring without a wheelie here and there......."YEA" :tounge:

I thought Oh No, I'll vote "I never wheelie" in this poll and get flamed. Seems like I'm not the only one.

I have had the front come up into 2nd and 3rd, and coming out of a turn, the front will come up very rarely. I do like that little wiggle you get when the front is almost coming off the ground.

I used to wheelie at least once everytime I went out, but now when I am out running Lilah...I just cannot bring myself to keep pulling wheelies.  It's just not good for her ya know.  I mean during the first couple of weeks I was doing a lot of wheelies.  Now though, Very rarely...I just want to take care of her, so she will take care of me.  I dunno, I fell in Love?

I am thinking about buying an older SV650 or CBR F4 to strip down and make into a stunt bike...Give me something to thrash...But not my Baby...
SilveR,

I just noticed that you named you bike "Lilah." That is funny 'cause mine is named "Lola." We must think alike... My name came from the fact that "she walks like woman and talks like a man..."

Here is our love story...
=======
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance.
I asked her name and in a dark brown voice she said, "Lola"

Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy,
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my Lola, lo lo lo Lola

She picked me up and sat me on her seat,
She said, "Little boy won't you come home with me?"

Well, I'm not the world's most passionate guy,
But when I looked in her headlight,
I almost fell for my Lola,
Lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo Lola

Lola smiled and took me by the hand,
she said, "Little boy, gonna make you a man."
=======

wheelies?
i thought that your supposed to do that on command when you pass a 600. lol
i need a light on the bottom of my bike to see the road head when i wheelie at night.
:D

I wheelie every time I ride. On long rides, do it more often. Sometimes it is intentionally, sometimes not.

I never wheelie. Never have.

Me chicken? probably. Too cautious? always. especially now, cool wife, 3 cool boys, mortgages, multiple jobs. Currently have a good driving record (no tickets for like the last ten years)

I personally have too much to lose if I try to do a wheelie and I don’t do it perfect every time, including the first time.

Not to mention I am a control freak, and to me riding a motorcycle on one wheel.. you have no control, if something jumps out in front of you like a kid chasing something into the street, someone walking across the street that isnt paying attention. Game over, you cant steer it, your instincts will probably be to hit the rear break and if that happens and you didn’t notice whatever might have came into your path until too late, you might bring the front end down right on top of it not only producing forward motion impact damage, but downward crushing damage.

Who says I am paranoid? Who is that? I know I hear voices where are they coming from!!! smile.gif

Seriously, for me, I like to ride, I like to ride fast, and I like twisties. But I usually never put myself on the line as much as other people do.

I never wheelie intentionally, but it does happen. And when it does, I feel really really bad. Really. Ok, not really.

devil.gif

But when I start drag racing, one of my goals will be NOT to wheelie...

Most of the time, its not by choice. But a 12'o clock here and there just for fun. Ok ok maybe 1:30 PM biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074122410 -->

I'm about to lower my 'busa so that I am not tempted to wheelie any more.  I do wheelies all the time.  (just in first gear)  But before I crash trying to find the balance point, I'm gonna lower it and be happy with the wheelies I have done!
Lowering it HELPS but won't stop it from coming up.

I have it lowered 2&quot; in the back and with basic bolt-ons just role on it at 90 MPH and it comes up nice.

Just shift it into fourth gear and cruise with it up. smile.gif

Josh cool.gif

Come on, admit it folks. We either all do it or have not learned how or are afraid. Which are you?

I know its not safe and it is hard on tires and the drive train but I am not talking about hot doggin' stunt riding antics, just plain old straight line wheelies when traffic and conditions allow.

You gotta try it. It is just too much fun. You only go 'round once. One day in your death bed you would give the world for the feeling of one good wheelie! Just be responsible in where and how often.

Me? Every single time I go out, at least once, but nothing major - maybe 12&quot; average. I am too sane to go higher than that, at least on purpose.

I never wheelie; well except that time, oh and that other time but that's it. Oh wait, this other time and oh, when my buddie... You see, I NEVER EVER wheelie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back