What was your first bike?

1988 GSX-R750 slingshot, I didnt get to ride it much. I bought it with a bad battery then found out it needed a carb rebuild. ended up selling it for $800 and Im kicking my self for not keeping it.

Wow, I had one of these, too! I got to ride the crap out of it, though. I even painted it the same color (no decals, though) after a massive high-side. That was my second street going bike.

My first was a 1984 Honda XL250 dual sport. I traded it and some cash on the Gixxer.

1964 305 Honda Scrambler. $642 out the door from H&M Honda in Willoughby, Ohio. I was 16 or 17.

I paid $42/mo for that bike. We used to remove the motor to clean it after running it through the rivers and general beatings. Great bike. Performance wise, we lightened the rockers by taking some of the backbone off the rocker and splitting the nut on the adjuster.

I wish I could find another one.

Mark

I had a few mini bikes and dirt bike conversions (Honda 50 with lawn mower engine, stripped down) but my first street legal was a new 1970 Kawasaki F5 Bighorn.
350 cc, 33 H.P, 5 speed and 6500 rpm. Lots of fun!

Big Horn.jpg

Last edited:
04 GSX-R 600 Bought it from a friend of mine and sold it back to him a year later. He now uses it as a track bike.

My first bike was a 1975 Kawasaki KX 125, My first rode bike was a 1981 Yamaha 1100 Maxim, rode it from Hou to Cle and back, had the aerodymamics of a barn door in a gale.

Back