Your first bike?  what was it...

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
My buddy bought a Harley last year and I bought this 7R from him. I had many dirtbikes and four wheelers, but this was my first sport bike. I gave him $1,000 for it in August of last year. When I bought the Busa last month he bought it back from me for the same price. He missed it. It was a 1996 but a good thing to sharpen the skills on. I do miss the exhaust note on that thing. It sounded sweet.

I rode with my buddy a few times and his Busa keep calling my name. He has a 04 LE. I tell him all the time he cost me 10G's!

The pocket bike has been turned into a Hayabusa also. I call it the GSX.1300R

T.J._pictures_054__Small_.jpg

homeaide mini bike with a 3hp briggs.

first streetbike was my busa.

My first bike was an 82 Yamaha Maxim 650. $400!

Yamaha-Maxim-650-81.jpg

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146954626 -->

Many dirt bikes as a kid but my first real bike was a 1981 Honda 750 super sport....

first bike was a 1983 Yamaha 100cc Enduro (couldn't find any pictures). Secong bike was a 1986 Honda XL 250 (looked a lot like the 87' model here).

XL_250.jpg

then moved to this baby...sold it as part of the seperation of my first wife....big mistake!!!!!!

yam_vmax_89_bikepics_20788.jpg

then i had this beauty for about one month then wrecked it (fell asleep one night at 2 am comeing home)

7406gsxr1100_med.jpg

then i bought this piece of junk...still have it...wish i had waited a week for the two brothers set up cbr900rr...

duc_900ss_94_bikepics_07279.jpg

Mine was a honda 175 about 30 years ago!!!

(like this one)
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

<!--EDIT|scottybusa
Reason for Edit: "explaining pic"|1146924085 -->

1. 12 years old, 1970, 2 1/2hp Ta come see rip cord mini-bike "Lil Indian"

2. 14 years old, 1972, Kawasaki KE100 ($569 brand new off the showroom floor) tore the lights and directionals off first thing and rode it exculively as a "Dirt/Trail Bike"...then at 15 years of age i got my restricted DL in florida where I could ride 1 up during daylight hours and put just the headlight and tail-light back on....as using arm signals was legal...and then i hit the streets as well...back and forth to school everyday...at 15!
biggrin.gif

3. at 16 years of age?..1974?....with a real "Operators License" in hand?...I bought a slightly used '74 hond "CB360 T"..then installed a "honda poweroll big bore kit" and a Jardine 2:1 exhaust...the following year I picked up this "Caf'e Race Body/Kit" some dude had ordered for his kaw 500machiii...he ordered it with a deposit than wrecked his bike and never picked it up...all done in red fiberglass....the owner let me buy it for the balance due...so i bought it and adapted it to my CB360T...I couldn't retrofit the stock chrome front fender but the bikini fairing, and one piece tank/seat/rear fender went on well with minimal home-made aluminum brackets I drill out, filed/sanded to shape and bent up and bolted up and it actually wound up fitting up to the bike real well....as i was das shid back then with my riding buds..with a red caf'ed out 2:1 Jardines big bored CB360T!
laugh.gif

After that?...things got seriouse.
laugh.gif

750 FOUR. then a 750 FOUR SuperSport and then by '86 I bought a Honda 700 NightHawk "S" Model..list...

Did a short stint while in the USMC out in el toro, ca. on a Honda XL250?...base bike and used it in the mountains and the mojave on the weekends.
biggrin.gif

'89 goldwing,

'00 Kawi ZRX1100

'01 Yami FZ1

Curent: '03 Sil/Gry Hayabusa.
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back