What happens when you get caught over 150mph?

and then we have the following violations of our distracted driving laws
distracted driving is more than just using your cell phonewhile behind the wheel — according to the official RCMP website, distracted driving is anything that can lead to a driver’s impaired judgement while on the road, including:

• Talking on a cellphone
  • Texting
  • Reading (books, maps, newspapers)
  • Smoking
  • Personal grooming
  • Adjusting the radio/CD or playing extremely loud music
  • Talking to passengers while fatigued
  • Eating and driving

How exactly does one get caught doing 167? By the time a stationary cruiser got up to its top speed of less than that, you’d be literally miles away. I don’t get it.

And you can’t say you can’t outrun a radio because you can. If they don’t know where you are, they can’t stop you.
That was exactly my first question I asked him. At that speed, he would a mile plus ahead of the cop.

He was only about 3 miles away from being able to head in 4 directions.

165 mph in a 60 mph zone in March 2005.
Free ride to jail. About 3000 dollars in Attorney fee's. 1 week in jail at a later date.
1000 fine, but attorney kept it all off my records.

No points?! Give me the number of your attorney!

Back in 2003 in Louisiana on I 49. 120 in a 70 cost $650. Now here in southern California, a friend of mine a month ago, 20 over is $1000. Of course, he had 2 or 3 tickets in the last year, so that may have had something to do with it.

I'm a commercial truck driver, over the road long haul.

TVC is the organization I use for all my citations, in any vehicle or on a motorcycle.

2014 - 110 MPH in 65 MPH (personal car) = dismissed
2016 - 85 MPH in 55 MPH (semi) = reduced to non moving violation $150 (no points)
2018 - 105 MPH in 70 MPH (hayabusa) = reduced to non moving violation $75 (no points)

Any of these could have resulted in losing my commercial license. I've been fortunate.

My membership to TVC is $48 per month. Cost is tax deductible.

If (when) I get a citation; I call TVC and give the citation information. (city,state,citation#,violation code) TVC locates a local lawyer, that lawyer appears on my behalf to dismiss or reduce violation. I don't pay the local lawyer anything, it's covered by my membership to TVC.

Hopefully I won't have to use them for a very long time !!

How exactly does one get caught doing 167? By the time a stationary cruiser got up to its top speed of less than that, you’d be literally miles away. I don’t get it.

And you can’t say you can’t outrun a radio because you can. If they don’t know where you are, they can’t stop you.

This!!

TVC is the organization I use for all my citations, in any vehicle or on a motorcycle.

2016 - 85 MPH in 55 MPH (semi) = reduced to non moving violation $150 (no points)
2018 - 105 MPH in 70 MPH (hayabusa) = reduced to non moving violation $75 (no points)

Any of these could have resulted in losing my commercial license. I've been fortunate.

If (when) I get a citation; I call TVC and give the citation information. (city,state,citation#,violation code) TVC locates a local lawyer, that lawyer appears on my behalf to dismiss or reduce violation. I don't pay the local lawyer anything, it's covered by my membership to TVC.

Never heard of such...but sounds really cool.

I was out with some friends a couple years ago and we where clocked at 120 doing wheelies. We ran for a little bit until the leader pulled over so we followed suit. We hatched a story up super fast before the cop was able to break us up. We all got a careless driving ticket and a 120 mph in a 65 mph zone. When we showed up to court they didn't have record of our moving violation so we walked out. The trooper must of never turned the tickets in on his end. From what I have experience it's all in your age, time of day, road, and traffic. Oh and what kind of mood the officer is in too.

Sounds like your getting your moneys worth! I got a citation in butt ass nowhere New Mexico heading home to Colorado. I hired an attorney and got the ticket dismissed, but It cost me $1200.

When I first got my bike I had heard all the stories and myths about how fast it was.
Turns out it was, they were all true; while testing my bike I was well over 180mph saw a state trooper from a distance starting to pull out in front of me on I-70 westbound from Denver heading to Carbondale , I thought I was done, I knew it was stupid. luckily he pulled right back into the shoulder and I just kept going ... same year I got a 16point ticket for drag racing when I wasn't (at the time) I think this was the universe or God's way of saying I got your back on this one.
I never felt the need to go that fast again, I still think about this all the time, not sure if I matured or heard of too many body counts, still do some launches and quick burst from time to time.
I read an article here many years ago called "The Pace" and it kept me sane and under control and taught me to slow down just a bit.

Be safe out there.

Article attached:
The Pace

Last edited:
Virginia anything over 99mph your riding in the back of the squad car. PA had a guy in jail like 4 months for 140 in a car. The inmates called him 140. The commonwealth states do what they want no joke.

Past a string of 9 or 11 cars on long straight away slowed to 160 got back in my lane then past a NJ Trooper both with mouths wide open so back on the gas 180 down center line of 2 lane road with cars in both lanes. Figured they are going to put me under the jail. A lot of people got a free show that day.

these stories are getting crazier and crazier. Did I ever tell u guys about the time I choked a grizzly bear unconscious? lol

Back